R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #16096
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just installed Tekin 10.5T Redline BL Motor to my chasis. I also upgrade ESC to 208 software. Tested my car yesterday with setting as below :

F.D.R : 7.82
Timing Boost 43
Turbo boost : 10
Turbo Ramp : 3.0
Turbo Delay : 0.1
End RPM : 18000
Start RPM : 3090

I'm statisfy with the speed after tested few pack of batery. But my worry is the tempature of ESC & Motor. It was about 52c (ESC), 54c (motor). Due to the low tempature of motor, i can set it more faster. Does it normal with the ESC tempature about 52c. I already add fan to cool the ESC. . . But it still the same tempature after i run 2 more pack batery... Can anymore help me? Thanks...
ckloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #16097
Tech Elite
 
mjc168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckloo View Post
Just installed Tekin 10.5T Redline BL Motor to my chasis. I also upgrade ESC to 208 software. Tested my car yesterday with setting as below :

F.D.R : 7.82
Timing Boost 43
Turbo boost : 10
Turbo Ramp : 3.0
Turbo Delay : 0.1
End RPM : 18000
Start RPM : 3090

I'm statisfy with the speed after tested few pack of batery. But my worry is the tempature of ESC & Motor. It was about 52c (ESC), 54c (motor). Due to the low tempature of motor, i can set it more faster. Does it normal with the ESC tempature about 52c. I already add fan to cool the ESC. . . But it still the same tempature after i run 2 more pack batery... Can anymore help me? Thanks...
change bigger cap, see whether help or not...
__________________
http://www.pprcc.com/

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #16098
Tech Master
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

52C? I'd be happy with that, even with a fan. My 17.5T with a [email protected], geared around 7.2, was around 60C with a very weak fan. But I was cranking up the timing, boost, and turbo - the car was a rocket, and at that temperature, I was perfectly happy.

In your case, I'd be perfectly happy with the temp around 50C. Make all the adjustments you want - just make sure the temp is reasonable after a couple of minutes.
__________________
Ken Miller
T4 2015
CRC Twenty5
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #16099
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
Default Push & Drag

Does V208 have a stronger drag brake than V203? Does push control cancel, or partially cancel, drag brake? If so, approx. what amount of push & drag in V208 would be similar to 3 drag, no push in V203 for a 21.5t? I was thinking of trying 2 drag with 5 push but am asking here first because I'm setting up 208 at home and can't hotwire at the track if it's way off.
Gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #16100
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
Does V208 have a stronger drag brake than V203? Does push control cancel, or partially cancel, drag brake? If so, approx. what amount of push & drag in V208 would be similar to 3 drag, no push in V203 for a 21.5t? I was thinking of trying 2 drag with 5 push but am asking here first because I'm setting up 208 at home and can't hotwire at the track if it's way off.
yes they are stronger,no you cant use both
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #16101
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
yes they are stronger,no you cant use both
Thanks, but I set both and both are shown in Dashboard - which one would be in effect?
Gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #16102
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
Thanks, but I set both and both are shown in Dashboard - which one would be in effect?
both but they work against each other,you need to see what one you need the most
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #16103
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

Actually it will Push, and then Drag Brake if you set both. When you reduce throttle quickly we reduce throttle a little slower if Push is on. When we do finally reach nuetral we will activate the drag brake.

Odd as it sounds the 2 can work together nicely. The x12 is a good example of a motor with a lot of cog torque that does not free spin and needs some push at times to smooth the slow down. Then some still like additional drag brake so they rarely have to use the brakes.

Tekin motors spin freely so it is unusual to need any Push. Tekin motors spin so freely it is typical to have at least a little drag brake.
__________________
[email protected]
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
www.teamtekin.com
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #16104
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersti View Post
My local track is small, bumpy and sandy here. What will be the best setting to run with it.
Small, bumpy, and sandy? Sounds like it needs a 2wd buggy.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #16105
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Here's one for team Tekin.

A lot of people at our track have ended up using Tekin speedos in all the classes. I personally have used the RSPro in 21.5 and 17.5. I have always found the brakes very good and after buying the second speedo my opinion did not change (irrespective of software).

Talking with others around me however I found that some people think the brake issue has more to do with the speedy itself than the software. One friend at the track told me he has two Tekins (one Rs and one Pro) and the RS always had good brakes whereas the Pro never did. He runs the same software in both. He didn't think this had to do with one speedy being better than the other but rather a fluke in the electronics. Others around us confirmed that they had a similar experience not necessarily with RS vs RSPro, but sometimes with the same type (either RS or Pro). I am not sure what exactly in the electronic guts of the speedy determines brake strength, but Team Tekin might want to have a look at this idea.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #16106
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

This question have possibly already been answered. I was thinking about buying a Tekin RS Pro for the next indoor season, but a deal-breaker for me, is that there are no Mac- or iPhone- HotWire software. I have seen the "prototype" iPhone HotWire, but it isn't out yet.

Are there going to be a Mac- or iPhone- HotWire before the indoor-season?

If not, I have to go Blue or HobbyWing
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #16107
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

do LRP or Hobbywing have a MAC or Iphone program ???

it wouldn't stop me buying the RS or RS pro GREAT SPEEDOS !!!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #16108
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
Actually it will Push, and then Drag Brake if you set both. When you reduce throttle quickly we reduce throttle a little slower if Push is on. When we do finally reach nuetral we will activate the drag brake.

Odd as it sounds the 2 can work together nicely. The x12 is a good example of a motor with a lot of cog torque that does not free spin and needs some push at times to smooth the slow down. Then some still like additional drag brake so they rarely have to use the brakes.

Tekin motors spin freely so it is unusual to need any Push. Tekin motors spin so freely it is typical to have at least a little drag brake.
Thanks for the clarification.
Gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #16109
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm liking 208, although it does feel less punchy coming out of corners, but for me that is a good thing as I find the car easier to control now. My motor, which ran cool before, now barely gets even warm with 52 boost and 11 turbo (ramp 2). I think I might max it out just to see if I can heat up the motor at all.

Anyway, nice job Tekin!

Now if you would make a version of Hotwire that works on Ubuntu or on a Blackberry, I'll love you forever.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #16110
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
change bigger cap, see whether help or not...
What kind of cap i should look foward ?
ckloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net