Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
What i am saying is that the program does not exist any more on the tekin web site, so there is no program to reload for v203 or 200.
Just because it's not on the Tekin website doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Countless people (including myself) have a copy of every version ever to come out, and I'm sure if you just asked you could get a copy.

The larger issue is that your sanctioning body's rules are obsolete and they need to address that issue. If they could furnish a definition of what is acceptable we could correlate that to one of the current preset timing profiles. That is what the rest of the world is doing, across multiple manufacturers. Reference the ROAR Sportsman ESC list as a prime example. Even if you could tell us what other ESCs are allowed we could tell you what the equivalent Tekin timing profile is.

If they still insist you only run v200 (I wouldn't want to be in charge of tech!) you can simply go back to v200.

There are multiple solutions to your problem, and you will find many people on this thread to be very helpful if only you let them.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I appreciate the response but I hope you would agree that changing the rules in mid season is something that hurts the hobby of racing.this is a new program that WAS NOT available when the rules were made.No to worry Tekin support has put me in my place.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
I appreciate the response but I hope you would agree that changing the rules in mid season is something that hurts the hobby of racing.this is a new program that WAS NOT available when the rules were made.No to worry Tekin support has put me in my place.
Well, I would argue that it would be a benign rule update, as performance would be equivalent and the concept would be the same, just with different wording. These kinds of interim changes happen all the time, as organizers do not have a crystal ball to see significant future events as much as we all expect them to.

In any event, it sounds like your issue has been resolved. If it hasn't and I can help you in any way just send me a PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Well I thought it was the servo but it wasn't, any ideas? I am thinking about a voltage regulater but I don't understand why. I have a small esc sized fan on the motor, a personal transponder, servo and a temp senser running of the rx, is that too mutch?
What is the car this is going into? If your voltage regulator isn't getting it done that will cause it. This sounds like a 1s setup ?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
What is the car this is going into? If your voltage regulator isn't getting it done that will cause it. This sounds like a 1s setup ?
Sorry, I was thinking about getting a regulator. This is a 10th touring car with 2 cell and a 17.5 on rubber tires in a parking lot.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

just to clear the air and then I will let this thread move forward: There is NOTHING wrong with Tekin's v208 program. My little amount of testing has shown me that the new program is going to save me money in the long run, by reducing the heat in my motor as well as other adjustments I havn't even used yet.
I was just suprised that the older versions, that for me right now, I needed was not available in the v208 program.
I am not slamming the company or their efforts to give us the best possible, I am still a Tekin fan and most likely will be for a long time to come!
Please support them and their efforts
now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I've run my 21.5 in dual mode, and in sensored mode with no timing. It has absolutely no top end whatsoever in dual mode. You definitely want to run sensored with a wire. Also, just because you're not adding timing with the ESC doesn't mean you can't add timing with the motor endbell. But you can only do that in sensored mode.

-Mike
Thanks for your reply. That's wierd though, I had the opposite impression - that endbell timimg (mechanical advance) was the base motor timing and any added electronic advance (using sensor wire) would just add more timing - please confirm that a sensor wire must be used to enable endbell timing? If so, is this the only advantage to using a sensor wire when in Ver. 208's TP1 Sport Spec mode (0 advance), or are other adjustments also allowed?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gris
Thanks for your reply. That's wierd though, I had the opposite impression - that endbell timimg (mechanical advance) was the base motor timing and any added electronic advance (using sensor wire) would just add more timing - please confirm that a sensor wire must be used to enable endbell timing? If so, is this the only advantage to using a sensor wire when in Ver. 208's TP1 Sport Spec mode (0 advance), or are other adjustments also allowed?
dual mode does not use motor timing,it only reads the sensor at start and goes to sensorless,with TP1 no esc timing and all motor timing is used so yes you want a sensor wire
Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Team Tekin

We are always improving things and making changes that increase reliability. Along the way to version 208 there have been many improvements we do not speak aloud about. We want everyone using 208! There is no reason to use any other version.

Unfortunately the Hotwire 5.2 that comes with Version 208 for the RS and Rx8 is not compatible with any older versions. So we could not allow any version except 208 in the newest Hotwire and it forces you to update to 208 to even use it. You also cannot adjust 208 with any older Hotwire versions and that is going to be a problem until everyone figures that out. Well you can adjust it, but then it may work oddly or not at all.

General rule is that the Hotwire is only compatible with versions it lists as available for update.

For those that have decided to require an older version in specific series you can use an older Hotwire and still get what you need for now. In the near future we encourage you to go with the new standard spec mode that is offered in many esc’s and is equal to all the no timing advance older esc’s for controlled speed classes.

In general we are not in favor of the spec mode, but we understand the need for slower classes. We think there are better ways to go slower, but it is not really up to us and we are just playing nice. In many cases they will not let us play otherwise because we are too fast....

Tekin Prez
Old 07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Team Tekin,

Is there an amperage value associated with the current limit value (1-100)?
Let's say, I'm measuring the peak current load at max acceleration at 52 amps, and I want to set my current limit at 45 amps....what value should I program the speedo at?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gris
Moving the endbell has NO EFFECT on timing in SENSORLESS MODE. You could move the endbell 180 degrees and nothing would change. When you move the endbell, you are moving the sensor. So if you want physical motor timing, you have to have the sensor wire and be in SENSORED mode.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default to go slower!?

Jim,
Please elaborate about "you think there are better ways to go slower".
I think you did what was privately asked of the industry and I am not sure that is wrong.
I think we all know not everyone is capable of using 203--now 208 to it's fullest and of course that is the way it should be.
The equipment should provide a capability that lets those with the best driving skills go faster because they can control the available power.

Do you mean that there should be power available thru the speed control and then it is controlled by the wind? -- and thus the class the driver participates in?

I guess what I am asking is: you agreed to put in this "spec" to make it possible(race-able) for those of us who are not capable of using all the capabilities of the current technology, but your comment seems to open the gate to ask your opinion of how you think this newer technology should be --- directed/controlled.

There are a lot of opinions on the threads but we rarely hear why a manufacturer helps steer things( or helps others steer)-- other than those that we all understand -$.

I think I read a " difference" in what you have done with this version and what you think this version should/could do.

Just break it out-- what is your opinion of where "spec" or "stock" for that matter racing should be/go.
We are at a crossroads again with on road and it is not a time to hold back ideas.

later,
Darrald

I know I shoulda just Pm'd but------
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drsfly
Jim,
Please elaborate about "you think there are better ways to go slower".
I think you did what was privately asked of the industry and I am not sure that is wrong.
I think we all know not everyone is capable of using 203--now 208 to it's fullest and of course that is the way it should be.
The equipment should provide a capability that lets those with the best driving skills go faster because they can control the available power.

Do you mean that there should be power available thru the speed control and then it is controlled by the wind? -- and thus the class the driver participates in?

I guess what I am asking is: you agreed to put in this "spec" to make it possible(race-able) for those of us who are not capable of using all the capabilities of the current technology, but your comment seems to open the gate to ask your opinion of how you think this newer technology should be --- directed/controlled.

There are a lot of opinions on the threads but we rarely hear why a manufacturer helps steer things( or helps others steer)-- other than those that we all understand -$.

I think I read a " difference" in what you have done with this version and what you think this version should/could do.

Just break it out-- what is your opinion of where "spec" or "stock" for that matter racing should be/go.
We are at a crossroads again with on road and it is not a time to hold back ideas.

later,
Darrald

I know I shoulda just Pm'd but------
, to pm is not your Darrald
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We are always improving things and making changes that increase reliability. Along the way to version 208 there have been many improvements we do not speak aloud about. We want everyone using 208! There is no reason to use any other version.

Unfortunately the Hotwire 5.2 that comes with Version 208 for the RS and Rx8 is not compatible with any older versions. So we could not allow any version except 208 in the newest Hotwire and it forces you to update to 208 to even use it. You also cannot adjust 208 with any older Hotwire versions and that is going to be a problem until everyone figures that out. Well you can adjust it, but then it may work oddly or not at all.

General rule is that the Hotwire is only compatible with versions it lists as available for update.

For those that have decided to require an older version in specific series you can use an older Hotwire and still get what you need for now. In the near future we encourage you to go with the new standard spec mode that is offered in many esc’s and is equal to all the no timing advance older esc’s for controlled speed classes.

In general we are not in favor of the spec mode, but we understand the need for slower classes. We think there are better ways to go slower, but it is not really up to us and we are just playing nice. In many cases they will not let us play otherwise because we are too fast....

Tekin Prez
Just out of curiosity how do we get rid of "bling" on HW interface. I ...well how do I say it nicely...... dislike the interface. I thought that this version was not suppose to be so ugly. I figured that we would be at a point where branding could be kept to a splash screen. I really think the whole interface detracts from what it is capable of doing. And that is really sad. I hate showing someone new how to set up the controller because the UI is grotesque and makes me feel like I am back in the mid 90's when everyone was skinning there media players. And after all this time you still have not made the sliders functional. ie you can't click and hold and move them up and down.

Thanks for a great controller. Please make a clean UI. Also are we ever going to be able to use the custom 1 and 2 profiles so that we could have 2 different setups on the controller?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Does anyone of you know how to switch profile via esc interface?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.