R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #16006
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
If you watch the batch file it runs, it executes an msi uninstall before it installed hotwire 5.
SPEAK HUMAN! (damn computer freaks)
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #16007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
If you watch the batch file it runs, it executes an msi uninstall before it installed hotwire 5.

The file wasn't there before I started the installation (before the batch ran).
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #16008
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

when you connect the dubi-whacker into the thingi-majig and click on next a few times and then ok, a black box pops open. this then runs around chasing the old hotwire program and kicks it out of the computer like a drunk out of a bar who has no money. after wiping up the mess it installs the new program onto the computer so when you plug the dubi-whacker into the thingi-majig back in it will install 208 automatically
xray09ACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #16009
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
SPEAK HUMAN! (damn computer freaks)
When you click the thingy, it removes the old thingy before installing the new thingy.

hows that?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #16010
Tech Adept

sounds right! and do it twice just to make sure
RTR canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #16011
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default RS Settings

I initially didn't have any luck with using my old v2.03 settings on my 17.5 T3 TC after upgrading to v2.08. Seems to be good now; but, very little is the same as what I had been using on my RS for the past month or so.

Brakes are off the hook and temps are down. Bravo Tekin.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 AM   #16012
Tech Regular

I have been using my rs in 10.5 for a while, I use a futaba 3vc with spectrum and Im wondering if im doing the initial setup right. The throttle and brake end points go up to 120 on the 3vc should I set them both to 120 and then calibrate to the esc ?? or set to say 100 then calibrate and then turn them back up to 120 ?? I know some people have had problems with the turbo not comming in and they have been told to turn there epa down to 90 and re-calibrate, should we do this with the brake epa as well because my brakes arnt that great .
Old 07-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #16013
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Hit F5 and refresh the page. You also may need to restart IE if you just enabled cookies.

Here is doc that the team was given:

Tekin Vegas 208 Software
for RS, RS PRO and RX8 controllers

The Vegas 208 software contains several major advances towards Tekin’s never-ending pursuit of perfection. As well as increases in performance and lower temperatures, V208 includes a ‘spec’ mode required at some races and some new features to make it all easier to use. So this time its Smarter, Cooler, Faster…

RS Spec Mode
The spec mode provides no Timing Advance or Boost in the controller. The center LED flashes when in neutral to make it easy to verify the unit is in spec mode.

RS Brakes
A major improvement is stronger braking at high speeds. Braking power is increased and is more linear throughout the RPM range.

RS and RX8 Power Delivery
To fine-tune the power delivery we have improved the Current Limiter. Most drivers have reported they can limit the current down to 80% before they even notice it. This can lower motor temps without sacrificing any power or feel. Many drivers have found it beneficial to use even use lower settings in low traction—they find their car handles a lot better without the sudden jolt of torque that can be produced by brushless motors.

Results
Team driver reports have demonstrated that the smoother power delivery and improved brakes, combined with intelligent current limiting, is producing faster lap times and lower temperatures.

Making it easier…. RS and RX8 On-Board Timing Profiles
Who needs a separate programming box when all the features are available on the ESC at the touch of a button? While the HotWire is needed for fine-tuning and software updates, we realize not everyone wants to carry a computer to the track. To make it easier, 208 has new “Timing Profiles” which are taking the place of “Throttle Profiles” on the RS’s onboard interface. Throttle Profile settings are still available using the HotWire. Throttle curve adjustments can also be made on almost all good radios.

The user can now select from 5 preset Timing Profiles on the RS and RS PRO without a HotWire
RS and RS PRO
TP1 – Spec Mode 0deg Boost (LED flashes when in neutral so Tech can easily verify mode)
TP2 – 15deg Boost, 5442 RPM to 20,000 RPM
TP3 – 25deg Boost, “ “
TP4 – 35deg Boost, “ “
TP5 – 45deg Boost, “ “
C1 – Custom settings using Hotwire
C2 – Custom settings using Hotwire

Custom 1 and Custom 2 (C1 and C2) are user-savable Timing Profiles created in the HotWire and are selected via the RS’s onboard interface. This will allow the user to run the same ESC in a “spec” class and have his or her own personal settings stored in C1 or C2 for the non-spec class at the same event/race.

RS, RSpro and RX8 Dual Mode Boost
Also new in 208 is Dual Mode Boost. This feature is most useful when used in the RS PRO with modified motors, or in the RX8 with all T8 motors. Dual Mode Boost lets users set the RPM range where Timing Advance is added, just like we already do with Boost in sensored-only mode. This is the best of both worlds for low turn motors, allowing low gearing/low timing for more torque out of the corners and higher timing for higher top speed/RPM on the straights. This is especially helpful on tracks with tight infields and a long straight.

RS and RSpro Dual Mode Boost Settings
The user can set Dual Mode Boost in the RS using the HotWire and the Custom Timing Profiles. The Start RPM should be in the upper ranges of 10,000 with an End RPM of 25,000+. The maximum timing in Dual Mode is 30deg. The setting range is 0% to 100% (0deg to 30deg) with the most common settings being 50% to 100% (15deg to 30deg).

Team drivers have noted that often they can go up one whole motor wind with the increased power band. For example if you run 4WD Off-road Mod with a 6.5T, in Dual Mode you can now run a 7.5T and get the same if not more useable power and top speed, all with lower motor temps.

RX8 Dual Mode Boost Settings
Tekin T8 motors are 4-pole, 12-slot motors with very low turns that need very little timing at higher RPM. The maximum timing in Dual Mode is 30deg, displayed in the HotWire as Timing Advance, with a range of 0% to 100%. The T8 motors are only able to efficiently use about 30% to 50% Timing Advance (10 to 15deg). Settings higher than 50% on Timing Advance is appropriate for standard 1/10 scale motors, for Tekin’s SC4x SCT motors, and for the long-can motors that some sell as 1/8 scale motors.

While Timing Advance in a 1/10 scale motor can more than double the kV of a motor, the T8 motors only increase kV around 10%, after which the extra energy is wasted in the form of heat. Run times decrease when too much timing is applied.

The user can select from 5 preset Timing Profiles on the RS, RSpro and RX8 without a HotWire:
TP1 – 0deg Dual Mode Boost
TP2 – 20deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP3 – 40deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP4 – 60deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP5 – 80deg Dual Mode Boost,
C1 – Custom settings using Hotwire
C2 – Custom settings using Hotwire

Custom 1 and Custom 2 (C1 and C2) are user-savable Timing Profiles created in the HotWire and selected via the RX8’s on-board interface. This will allow the user to have specific Timing Advance values or different RPM ranges, that are then available on the unit with just a few button pushes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
It's just that the rules state v200 ONLY with limited boost or timing.
where is the stock spec setting in the v208 you refered to?
here is randy's post on the new version
Old 07-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #16014
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
What do you mean auto? Didn't have to delete anything?
i deleted the file registered downloaded and it ask if i wanted a auto install so i clicked it and it did the install,plugged in the HW after the install and updated by it self as well
Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #16015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys but without being able to reset to the v200 program I am not going to be allowed to run in the sportsman class at my track. I wish I had known that the up load would kill my ability to use the v200 program, thanks TEKIN !
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #16016
Regional Moderator

Timing Profile 1 is the "Spec" profile. No boost, no turbo. It was made specifically for USVTA and other spec classes. That should be legal the class you run, since it is supposed to be equivalent to the Novak GTB.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #16017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The MSRA rules state specificaly (sp) v200 ONLY! so no go for me, just wish that was known before hand that I would lose the progrma all togehter. rather dissapointing!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 AM   #16018
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
I have been using my rs in 10.5 for a while, I use a futaba 3vc with spectrum and Im wondering if im doing the initial setup right. The throttle and brake end points go up to 120 on the 3vc should I set them both to 120 and then calibrate to the esc ?? or set to say 100 then calibrate and then turn them back up to 120 ?? I know some people have had problems with the turbo not comming in and they have been told to turn there epa down to 90 and re-calibrate, should we do this with the brake epa as well because my brakes arnt that great .
Any one ??
Old 07-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #16019
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The MSRA rules state specificaly (sp) v200 ONLY! so no go for me, just wish that was known before hand that I would lose the progrma all togehter. rather dissapointing!
The rules were written before the advent of sportsman spec profiles. If you have it in the profile LEDs will flash indicating that you are in the sportsamn profile with no boost or timing. The rule enforcers should allow this or they are serious douche bags that are completely don't understand the technology of flashable esc's.
slsspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #16020
Tech Addict

Quote:
It's not the end of the world though, uninstall hotwire 5 then re-install hotwire 4 on your pc and flash 203 back onto the RS.