R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #15301
Tech Regular

Can someone please explain what the neutral width, limiter, and throttle profile are, and a good place to start with a Duo 2 17.5.
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #15302
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Just wanted to say I bought a used touring car with the RSpro in it...I was told it was all good to go.....a friend today went through the speedo....I used a set-up one of the members on here posted....we discovered it didn't have the latest software even uploaded.....when we were done.....HOLY.....first race with it Saturday night....they won't know what hit them....

thanks for all the posts and info on this thread,

R
Had my rspro for well over a year now, it's been working great and still getting it to go faster

Never under estimate what is hiding in that small box...

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 AM   #15303
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Can someone please explain what the neutral width, limiter, and throttle profile are, and a good place to start with a Duo 2 17.5.
Neutral width = how far you pull the trigger before the esc reads it as an input. The wider it is, the more you pull the throttle before the esc opens the taps.

Limiter = maximum current that the esc will allow through. Handy if you have really low traction etc, as it stops the motor getting tooo much power at once and causing a lot of wheel spin

Throttle profile = how much throttle input is required to increase power, e.g. on profile 1, the throttle increases slower at first when you pull the trigger, where as profile 5 gives heaps of power from the start and then levels out. Does not change total power input, only if it starts off more or less.

Kind of rough descriptions, but hope you get it.

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #15304
Tech Initiate

I'm looking for some help with the setup for a Tekin RS Pro with GM 13.5 (1600 Gauss version) in a fairly small indoor carpet track. My current settings are as follows:

Neutral width: 10
Throttle Profile: 4
Timing boost: 25
Turbo boost: 0
Sensored mode
End rpm: 10001
start rpm: 2721
FDR: 6.74

I checked the temperature of the motor at the end of the run and found it was 50 degrees C (which seemed just about all right, though I wouldn't want it to get any hotter). The problem was that it had fairly good punch in the infield but had absolutely no straight line speed for the end of the straight. I tried playing with the gearing but I didn't really see much change in overall lap time (it seemed to get only a little faster when I went up a tooth but became more difficult to drive in the infield), and I dare not put any more timing boost on as the motor has 30 degrees timing inbuilt anyway. I also doubt that turbo would help as the straight is too short at only 18 metres long. So in short I'm not really sure where to get the speed from - as at the moment it feels slower than my old LRP Sphere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Many Thanks
A.Wojtecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #15305
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki View Post
I'm looking for some help with the setup for a Tekin RS Pro with GM 13.5 (1600 Gauss version) in a fairly small indoor carpet track. My current settings are as follows:

Sensored mode

I checked the temperature of the motor at the end of the run and found it was 50 degrees C (which seemed just about all right, though I wouldn't want it to get any hotter). The problem was that it had fairly good punch in the infield but had absolutely no straight line speed for the end of the straight. I tried playing with the gearing but I didn't really see much change in overall lap time (it seemed to get only a little faster when I went up a tooth but became more difficult to drive in the infield), and I dare not put any more timing boost on as the motor has 30 degrees timing inbuilt anyway. I also doubt that turbo would help as the straight is too short at only 18 metres long. So in short I'm not really sure where to get the speed from - as at the moment it feels slower than my old LRP Sphere.

Many Thanks
raise the end to around 15k and start 3-4k,how much motor timing is there
Old 06-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #15306
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
raise the end to around 15k and start 3-4k,how much motor timing is there
I originally had the end at around 15k and lowered it for more punch - the top end didn't seem to suffer from this. There is a fixed 30 degrees of motor timing.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #15307
Tech Adept

Quote:

Sensored mode

Many Thanks
with a 13.5 on an indoor track you can easily run more timing. try 40 to 45 on the boost. also turbo can get you some kick but only if used correctly. i think you can get a good extra speed with the boost. as you already do, just keep measuring your motor during the setupping of the RS pro. when working with higher values of timing you are creating more amp draw and more heat. but with 50deg C and just 25 of boost you are way on the safe side. however, for your best feeling and for the safety of your equipment you should increase the timing features in small steps so you know what the temperature is doing.

good luck
Markiempje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #15308
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Your under timed, under turboed and over geared. I don't think your ever freewheeling. Try a 7.5 FDR and 10 Turbo. Increase timing if temps look safe.

Increase your start timing to 5k and end to 20k too.

Quote:

Sensored mode

Many Thanks
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #15309
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Your under timed, under turboed and over geared. I don't think your ever freewheeling. Try a 7.5 FDR and 10 Turbo. Increase timing if temps look safe.

Increase your start timing to 5k and end to 20k too.
Thanks very much for the advice - what is the reason for increasing the start and end rpm's?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #15310
Tech Apprentice

Default Finally got brakes !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THancock View Post
Yes, using 12% reverse strength makes the car stop in 3 to 4 metres and it feels the same as my other Tekin with good brakes.
I Tried my Tekin on the weekend using the method above and have to say that I was extremely pleased. Whilst I had my doubts it worked a treat. So much so that I had to turn the reverse down to 7% as I felt the brakes were too strong.

For the first time in 6 months I've got brakes and it made a huge difference.

Thanks for the help!

Jamie
JamieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #15311
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieV View Post
I Tried my Tekin on the weekend using the method above and have to say that I was extremely pleased. Whilst I had my doubts it worked a treat. So much so that I had to turn the reverse down to 7% as I felt the brakes were too strong.

For the first time in 6 months I've got brakes and it made a huge difference.

Thanks for the help!

Jamie
Exactly the same result. Used to have poor brakes with forward only. Also did try to have reverse strength at 100% with forward only, but no dice. Enable reverse on the tekin rs and reverse strength on 10% = super brakes, brilliant.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #15312
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DJGonzo69

What's the ETA for the v208 to come out?
Thx,
John
Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #15313
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone used this esc with 2s & Tamiya kit 540 silver can motor in F1 chassis?

1. what settings did you use on the esc?
2. what mmpr did you gear on?
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #15314
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
anyone used this esc with 2s & Tamiya kit 540 silver can motor in F1 chassis?

1. what settings did you use on the esc?
2. what mmpr did you gear on?
Yes
Brushed Mode.
As it's F1 no extra options needed.
Gear 93x28

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #15315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys just a quick question before I send in a friends Rs pro.

He ran it this weekend and it was flawless on Saturday.

His esc set up:
MI4 lp
17.5 on a large track 200x 120
Final 5.15
22 drag
10 band width
100 brake
motor FW
lipo 2
boost max
turbo 15
delay .2
ramp 1
rpm 5???? to 22000
Temps 135F to 155F

Now on Sunday it ran good in practice and then it went flat. It had no boost or turbo. I plugged it into my laptop and all set were still there. I installed v200 and then reinstalled v203. Put all the setting back to were they were and same thing. No turbo or Boost.

I run the same car and esc. I had no problems all weekend. I even put a new motor in his car and it still didn't have anything(turbo, boost).

I have checked everything at least 5 times. Has anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? You think it might be the cap? I didn't try a new one.