R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2003, 06:25 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
I wasn't the one who stated the idea in the first place about the magnets position...again MY OPINION

Quote:
I think that if trinity/epic hadn't flipped the magnet's positions (outside to inside and visa versa) after they cut them, it would be a very good motor.
Now to me it looks like you said this....maybe its the way you said it but it looks like you did. I was never on my box in the first place, but I will back down before you get a beat down.... And who is the one that told you to opt for the stock TC3 chassis and the warpspeed top plate???? Also who was the one that struggled with the your car when you first got it and had to have Jucha help you out b/c you butcherd the car? If your warpspeed chassis is soo good why are you not running it now? What ever man Im done with this. All I was saying is that I felt the D5 was a better motor then the KR. Thats it....see you at the track
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Kevin- i probly could dump a stocker if i really really tried lol
Old 07-24-2003, 07:45 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Last thing i'm gonna say; I did not ask for Jucha's help, he offered so i let him work his magic. Second i'm not running the warp chassis at the current moment because I am testing how i like it w/ the stock chassis and upper deck. I will probably go back to it for sunday because i know it works.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 01:34 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

would this make the epic a better 12th scale motor than the KR then?

the Kr has taken a bit of a beating in the 12th scale world, something about the power band i believe. apparently all the reedy guys are still using Ti's in there 12th's.

but what about thsi epic in a 12th? the best of both worlds maybe?

im nto even sure its homoglated in the UK. you US guys are leaps ahead of us when it comes to new products being tried and tested. that why i read it here 1st! lol, go RC TECH!

matt rice
rice98w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #20

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rice98w
would this make the epic a better 12th scale motor than the KR then?
Possibly on a VERY SMALL indoor carpet track. On anything that requires a motor to "wind out" at all, the Kr will eat the Trinity (oops, I mean Epic...damn marketing ploy...) for lunch.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:10 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
I have yet to run my Epic motor but my D5 compaired to my KR my D5 is a better motor. The KR is smoother then the D5 but the D5 rips a lot harder then the KR.
yep... found that to be my results with regards the KR and the D5. the D5 packs a harder punch, but the kr is smoother... BUT... when i adjusted the timing on my kr to the 2nd line (approx 24deg), i think the KR has more punch and top end...

Last edited by highwayman; 07-29-2003 at 11:20 AM.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #22

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I ran a KR10X1 this weekend, and i loved it. super good punch and top end.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #23
Tech Adept

[]

Last edited by HARLEY; 08-01-2003 at 05:36 PM.
HARLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Kevin K, dont knock it until you try it. you are just jealous because you probably cant even afford one yourself.
What are you talking about......Dont comment on things you have no idea about. I have both motors and have tried them and the Epic and D5 are better then the KR in my book. What would I have to be jealous of???? If the KR was a faster motor I would buy it....just like I did to try it out and its not any faster. Im all about racing and havng the fastest motor not WHO makes the motor and not supporting a company b/c of the way they advertise or do business. So dont talk about things that you have no idea about.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:02 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it is better to try and find out what is better for each persons driving style or set up.

I have given my best motor to a friend after preparing it myself, the exact same way I use it with the exact same ration on the same car with the same electronics and battaries and still there was a difference in both power and duration.

My choice so far is The Ti series but made be Fantom motors. They use a thicker wire on their singles at least.

So I sugest you just stick to a particular motor and try all possible setting to find your favorite. Each motor must have its sweat point of max output.

Do avoid the P94. I tried everything and nothing worked. I baught three of those but none of them would run like the Fantom made Ti series.

Just my thoughts....
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Motor choice is all about driving style and personal preference. Virtually all of the other drivers at my track use and recommend the Trinity Monster Stock, but I haven't found a Monster Stock that I like yet. I've gotten rid of all of my Monsters in favor of P2K2's. Find something that fits your driving style and use it.
Simple.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan
Default which type ?

1. Kr & EPIC which motor Torque type ?
2. indoor small carpet track TC3 use which type motor best ?
3. or use Ti motor best ?
4. in indoor small carpet track TC3 8mins Mod race use small turns or big turns to race ?
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #28
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by losirob
Motor choice is all about driving style and personal preference. Virtually all of the other drivers at my track use and recommend the Trinity Monster Stock, but I haven't found a Monster Stock that I like yet. I've gotten rid of all of my Monsters in favor of P2K2's. Find something that fits your driving style and use it.
Simple.

Rob
losirob - Spot on!

I run a reedy MVP and it isn't any slower then the monster stocks I run against. I like the mvp and if I'm not loosing track space because of my motor there's no reason to change. I personally would run a reedy over a trinity becuase of my opinions, but if reedy's motors were'nt up to par I changed. Run whatever motor you like it's your choice....
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote