Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Congrats to all of our winners, Justin, Kyle, Josh Nueman, Josh Cyrul and Paul and thanks to everone that participated.
What about Ritchie???
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schurcr
John ...... thanks for the help. We got off to a bit of a ruff start. Adam and Canyon got up late we didn't get on the road untill 3:45, we took two wrong roads out of town and didn't make it to 49 out of town untill 3:55. Needless to say I put the pedal to the metal and we made it to the airport in Little Rock with a gas stop at 5:45 .....
is that 3:45 A.M.?????? Are you kidding me? I'm firing our travel agent...!! LOL

And.. no way... the trophy girl in the picture above is way better looking than me any day..... WAY BETTER...... stick with the younger girls - better in the photographs.

I would like to comment about the behavior I heard about after the trophy ceremony..... I realize plaques might not be what everybody wants as a trophies but I do want to stress that SOMEBODY does design these, pay for these and has pride in the awards being given out... tossing them like frisbees and using them to remove bark from trees is simply disrespectful. If you don't want the trophy for whatever reason.. probably because your ticked at where you finished.... then toss it away OUTSIDE of the view of others and especially the sanctioning body representatives that worked very hard to get them at the event.

I thought this was a professional racing event...and from what I am hearing about the behavior on many levels, I would swear it was my nephews kindergarten classroom just before nap time.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Q thanks for an awesome week of racing, the facility is top notch and i cant wait to come back again. Sorry for being their to early lol and annoying the hell out of you but we were soooo bored in the roach motel of ours lol.

Hey Q I hope to see my East coast West coast race idea come into affect in the near future I think ur facility would be perfect for it.

Thanks
Cheston VanAlstyne
Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Q...You and Vic did a great job. This is one of the best I've ever attended, and it's all due to the effort you put in. Everything from the pit area to the food...No complaints from me or Paul on anything, we'll be back...Jim Dieter
Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Oh.....ROAR as well, every race gets better, and it looks like that trend will continue.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It wasn't a "roach motel" per say, more like a spider pit that mysteriously resembled a dungeon

Originally Posted by ChestyV32
Hey Q thanks for an awesome week of racing, the facility is top notch and i cant wait to come back again. Sorry for being their to early lol and annoying the hell out of you but we were soooo bored in the roach motel of ours lol.

Hey Q I hope to see my East coast West coast race idea come into affect in the near future I think ur facility would be perfect for it.

Thanks
Cheston VanAlstyne
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Maybe there should have been an optional party at chuck-e-cheese for those that couldn't handle it.

come on guys, be nice, some guys especially guys with daughters aren't into it

however i have the coolest lady, who told me, take this bottle of black velvet, go hang with the boys and call me to come get you when your done. i had my old ass back in the room at 930 or so.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
is that 3:45 A.M.?????? Are you kidding me? I'm firing our travel agent...!! LOL

And.. no way... the trophy girl in the picture above is way better looking than me any day..... WAY BETTER...... stick with the younger girls - better in the photographs.

I would like to comment about the behavior I heard about after the trophy ceremony..... I realize plaques might not be what everybody wants as a trophies but I do want to stress that SOMEBODY does design these, pay for these and has pride in the awards being given out... tossing them like frisbees and using them to remove bark from trees is simply disrespectful. If you don't want the trophy for whatever reason.. probably because your ticked at where you finished.... then toss it away OUTSIDE of the view of others and especially the sanctioning body representatives that worked very hard to get them at the event.

any stuff you Pros don't want, sign it, and send it to SEATTLE INDOOR RACEWAY to be auctioned off at thier Race for Grace charitiy race.

BTW Dawn, whos the Kid, is that dakota?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CONGRATS RITCHIE!!!!

Damb, the NW has fast geezers!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
BTW Dawn, whos the Kid, is that dakota?

The kid.. one of my locals.. I took that picture. (not Dakotah)

It was supposed to be in silouhette but the trophy company kinda screwed things up...

we will have something beyond amazing in awards next year.. this year, we had to complete the stock of purchased plaques from last year, which is why we are giving what we are giving.......

Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I tried to steal your video camera but i got drunk instead, great hiding place

Originally Posted by skypilot
come on guys, be nice, some guys especially guys with daughters aren't into it

however i have the coolest lady, who told me, take this bottle of black velvet, go hang with the boys and call me to come get you when your done. i had my old ass back in the room at 930 or so.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

oh that bottle, that wasn't wiskey, didn't you notice the 'twang' it had
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Dude i'd show up just for the trophy girls they are hot ... they look like they smell pretty .
Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Randy and I got back home to Maryland safely after 17 hours on the road. The whole weekend in Arkansas was worth every minute of it. We met some great new friends and was able to match some great RC racing names to the faces. Special thanks to Quinn and the RC Hobbies crew for putting on a great show. The ROAR staff present worked relentlessly for 4 - 12 hour days to support all the racers and spectators there while keeping schedule.

We look forward to next years ROAR On-Road race.
Originally Posted by abailey21
Q I'll call u this afternoon, but thank you to you and your entire crew for a great week
Originally Posted by ChestyV32

Thanks
Cheston VanAlstyne
Originally Posted by JtDieter
Hey Q...You and Vic did a great job. This is one of the best I've ever attended, and it's all due to the effort you put in. Everything from the pit area to the food...No complaints from me or Paul on anything, we'll be back...Jim Dieter
Originally Posted by JtDieter
Oh.....ROAR as well, every race gets better, and it looks like that trend will continue.
Thanks so much for the support.

Many people have been asking me if I would do another one. I keep telling them to ask again in a few weeks when I have had time to recover and think about all sides. Seeing the positive coments outweigh the bad sure does help.

Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have one question about races in general.

When do they get soo big on entries that they become un-manageable? Sure its nice to see large entries, but, unless the host track is relying on the entry fees for a income, I really don't see why you need 300+ entries at a National event. Something like 120-150 is much more manageable, and your day doesn't drag out into a 24 hour marathon, where there is a good chance your heat runs around 2am. The racers don't like the hours and the support crew still has to be there, which I'm sure they'd rather be in bed as well. At least then if you got finished at 6pm you could have a actual social event.

Maybe this is something ROAR should consider. Have some way of qualifying to be eligible to run at the Nats and have a actual cutoff of the entries for the Nats. (There used to be a cutoff for the Worlds and then a waitlist for those that could attend that didn't qualify thru the Regional Championships.)

The Winners of the Nats get a automatic seat to the Worlds, Mod would have all race fees paid for. The winner of the Stock Nats gets a factory sponsorship for mod equipment, but also cannot run in the Stock Nats for 2 years after winning.

I also checked the RCLive website and didn't read anywhere that they would guarantee live race coverage, so you pretty much take what you can get, and I think they did all they could with what facilities where available to them. How this means its ROARs fault totally mystifies me.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I have one question about races in general.

When do they get soo big on entries that they become un-manageable? Sure its nice to see large entries, but, unless the host track is relying on the entry fees for a income, I really don't see why you need 300+ entries at a National event. Something like 120-150 is much more manageable, and your day doesn't drag out into a 24 hour marathon, where there is a good chance your heat runs around 2am. The racers don't like the hours and the support crew still has to be there, which I'm sure they'd rather be in bed as well. At least then if you got finished at 6pm you could have a actual social event.

Maybe this is something ROAR should consider. Have some way of qualifying to be eligible to run at the Nats and have a actual cutoff of the entries for the Nats. (There used to be a cutoff for the Worlds and then a waitlist for those that could attend that didn't qualify thru the Regional Championships.)

The Winners of the Nats get a automatic seat to the Worlds, Mod would have all race fees paid for. The winner of the Stock Nats gets a factory sponsorship for mod equipment, but also cannot run in the Stock Nats for 2 years after winning.

I also checked the RCLive website and didn't read anywhere that they would guarantee live race coverage, so you pretty much take what you can get, and I think they did all they could with what facilities where available to them. How this means its ROARs fault totally mystifies me.

I am all for getting back to using the Regional Qual system and limiting the entries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.