Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Maybe I'm not counting right but I think there are close to 90 racers at the track. Looks like the weather will hold up for the mains today. Good luck to everyone.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
ok in roars defence the total scoring equipment has still not showed up. its still lost in little rock due to ups. the rmt spent two day getting the borrowed race computer updated with entries. and the host track has a router that is flakey at best. so they are doing the best with a bad deal. as for the entries it is what it is. quit complaining and support roar and your butt should of bee here and then you will have enties for the pavement nats. carpet nats had 290 entries. as for tyres I hate rubber as most drivers are drifting most one corner or another. the only other thing is they had some trouble earlier with the qual points and I complained about the second the score guy canyon figured it out and called doug to fix it and got it fixed. so they are working it out if you think you can do it better go ahead but you can ask homer allen how that worked out. support you local track and support you national sactioning body roar. you can't race at tower hobbies and you can't race without rules and have fun.
Originally Posted by wyd
Is that true the Nats has 69 entries?
Originally Posted by John Tag
Just a few thought's.....

Enteries...We all know why enteries are down all over at club levels too...$$ to go racing..has nothing to do with the track,,

Track..Some say its bumpy...BUT we ALL race on the same track...

Tires..There not bad at all..May not be that spoiled tire were asll used too..But they last many runs..Just makes chassie set up more important...Racing should never be easy..Like EA said tire do last many runs......I know I only used 1 set thru 4 heats and Robbie Dodge ran 3 run tires in round 4 with good results..They last where most ask for life in a tire..here ya got it.....

Event..Quinn and his team have done a great job and all racers are having the most inportant thing...FUN!!!!!!

Nash, the $$ to go to this event was to much for me... I had a choice bwtween this one and the Birds for 2009. I chose the birds becase:
A. Price of airfare
B. Cost of Hotel
C. Orlando vs Jonesboro
D. Indoor track vs outdoor track ( weather related )
E. Birds/Vegas/Cleveland everyone knows the these are the big 3 onroad races to attend.

WYD, yes, I took the time to count them and was suprised at the turnout.

Rubber vs foam.. the same as Brushless vs brushed motors

Jonesboro has a nice track and I'm sure the people who run it are great people but it's where they are may be part of the problem....

I wonder if the birds were to be held in Maine how many people would go to Portland in the middle of winter to race?????
Old 06-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcmark24
Maybe I'm not counting right but I think there are close to 90 racers at the track. Looks like the weather will hold up for the mains today. Good luck to everyone.
A bunch of racers are running 2 classes..... 69 actual racers according to RC pro scoring....
Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
69 racers.... 69 racers for the ROAR National Onroad Asphalt....

And then on top of it all the live feed from the race is non-exsisting.... Is it the connection? The equipment? I am a BONUS LAP member and I am not happy about the coverage on the internet....

In my opinion ROAR needs to take a look at this and figure out a way to get more racers to show up.... Better coverage woud be a good start.....

is just me, or does anyone else see the humor in a guy sitting on his ass at home complaining about the low attendance at a roar race.

and UPS has screwed big time, several guys boxes are lost, lap tops are missing, equipment is missing, lots of stuff happening here that cannot be controlled by roar or the host.

but if only Dawn had bother to show up, i'm sure none of this would have happened
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

69 drivers like 95 cars and yes entries I'm off to my "A" main I have to race
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
is just me, or does anyone else see the humor in a guy sitting on his ass at home complaining about the low attendance at a roar race.

and UPS has screwed big time, several guys boxes are lost, lap tops are missing, equipment is missing, lots of stuff happening here that cannot be controlled by roar or the host.

but if only Dawn had bother to show up, i'm sure none of this would have happened
I was going to respond but why bother... As a ROAR member I chose to raise a concern about the issues that have come out of this. BTW, this is the second year in a row that the asphalt onroad electic race has had major problems. To me this is a problem that has to be addressed by ROAR, the Onroad committee and ROAR membership.

And blaming UPS is kinda weak... I'll let some one that works for them address it but if a shipment is important then you send it and track it 24/7...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You can't track it when it stops tracking. But you seem to know more about everything then the rest of us. Maybe you could figure it out....
Old 06-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
You can't track it when it stops tracking. But you seem to know more about everything then the rest of us. Maybe you could figure it out....
Naw, I'm not going down to your level. I'm above that...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You've proved that in this thread already. Nice job.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

You've proved that in this thread already. Nice job.
And how did I sir?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Oh and BTW I just checked the ROAR site and could not find who is on the electric onroad asphalt selection committee, where can I find out who is on it?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So you want Roar to provide the track with internet service?
No , but why don't they provide their own?? If you can get a cell signal, you can get the internet.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I was going to respond but why bother... As a ROAR member I chose to raise a concern about the issues that have come out of this. BTW, this is the second year in a row that the asphalt onroad electic race has had major problems. To me this is a problem that has to be addressed by ROAR, the Onroad committee and ROAR membership.

And blaming UPS is kinda weak... I'll let some one that works for them address it but if a shipment is important then you send it and track it 24/7...
And just what was the problem last year?
I was there and raced, don't remember a "major" or for that matter even many small problems.
Stop your constant whyning and race.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know the top 10 qualifiers for Mod and Super Stock?

As for attendance you really can't blame ROAR or the Host track for that. This thread has been up for months so it's pretty safe to assume that the typical crowd that travels knew about the Nationals in advance and chose or could not make this event for what ever reason. Looking at the pics the host track looks like they wen't above and beyond the requirements and it seems like everyone fortunate enough to attend the Nats are having a good time.....
Old 06-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wished I could have attended, would have been fun batteling the locals for a spot in the B.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.