Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all: Can someone tell me who's running this team magic e4 at the '08 asphalt nats.? Also what kind of presence does team magic have in the usa? Thanks
Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Wolf and his son are both running the car. They are freindly and polite racers who are working to get this line off the ground here in the US. One of my locals here picked up one of these kits and I may also work with one as sort of a side project. I think the car has great potential and they apear to be tough as nails.
Yeah, what Q said. I loved the design of the car from the first time that I saw one in person. To again reiterate what Q said, I think the car has a ton of potential and appears to have no noticable parts breakage problems. Check out www.wolfhobbies.com He has a full selection of all Team Magic products. TM's tools are off the chain!!!! Coolest looking tools I've seen thus far. I think Q might even like them better than his Hudys.

On another note, I just want to say what an awesome event this is. The thing that has impressed me more than anything is the courtesy of all the drivers on the track. This is my first national in SEVERAL years, and from my previous experiences, I honestly expected a blood bath. It has been just the opposite. At our weekly club races at RCHobbies Raceway, everyone is very courteous on the track and I have seen that same courtesy displayed by nearly everyone on the track all week long. Now, as for whether the mains will be as clean as the qualifiers have been, only time will tell. Congrats to all the TQ's and A-main qualifiers. Q, missing out by one spot sounds like some of my luck. BUT, it could be worse, you could be in the C with me and G-man. Oh well, been a fun week and a great learning experience.

Zach
Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I know that we didn't initially rag on the handout tires at the Reedy; but, they truly were the worst handouts I have ever received at at big time race. So maybe the previously described 'courteous drivers' are being just that...Time will tell...
Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

69 racers.... 69 racers for the ROAR National Onroad Asphalt....

And then on top of it all the live feed from the race is non-exsisting.... Is it the connection? The equipment? I am a BONUS LAP member and I am not happy about the coverage on the internet....

In my opinion ROAR needs to take a look at this and figure out a way to get more racers to show up.... Better coverage woud be a good start.....
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So you want Roar to provide the track with internet service?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where do you find a list of current standings?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

There's Trav.... stone lol
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-trav.jpg  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I know that we didn't initially rag on the handout tires at the Reedy; but, they truly were the worst handouts I have ever received at at big time race. So maybe the previously described 'courteous drivers' are being just that...Time will tell...
you should have seen the other tire's we tested.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok in roars defence the total scoring equipment has still not showed up. its still lost in little rock due to ups. the rmt spent two day getting the borrowed race computer updated with entries. and the host track has a router that is flakey at best. so they are doing the best with a bad deal. as for the entries it is what it is. quit complaining and support roar and your butt should of bee here and then you will have enties for the pavement nats. carpet nats had 290 entries. as for tyres I hate rubber as most drivers are drifting most one corner or another. the only other thing is they had some trouble earlier with the qual points and I complained about the second the score guy canyon figured it out and called doug to fix it and got it fixed. so they are working it out if you think you can do it better go ahead but you can ask homer allen how that worked out. support you local track and support you national sactioning body roar. you can't race at tower hobbies and you can't race without rules and have fun.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The Handout tires are working awesome! I know of several TOP Mod guys that only used 1 set through all of qualifying. The do not fall off after the first run like the other popular handouts for asphalt. Hell we were running them 6-8 times in practice with not much fall off at all.

At first I didnt like them but after running them for a few weeks and everything they are great and have a great price too. While they might not be as fast as other brands of tires they do hold up well for spec tire racing.

EA
Old 06-21-2008, 10:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Is that true the Nats has 69 entries?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Where do you find a list of current standings?
well were do you?

East Texas Fall Classic $ Race
www.easttexasrc.com
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Lord

The spec tire is the standard Sweep, and not the Advantage, right? Those don't come glued, do they?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Current Results can be found Here. Just click on the Live Scoring Window, and the 2008 ROAR Paved Nationals, and you should be good.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Maker.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just a few thought's.....

Enteries...We all know why enteries are down all over at club levels too...$$ to go racing..has nothing to do with the track,,

Track..Some say its bumpy...BUT we ALL race on the same track...

Tires..There not bad at all..May not be that spoiled tire were asll used too..But they last many runs..Just makes chassie set up more important...Racing should never be easy..Like EA said tire do last many runs......I know I only used 1 set thru 4 heats and Robbie Dodge ran 3 run tires in round 4 with good results..They last where most ask for life in a tire..here ya got it.....

Event..Quinn and his team have done a great job and all racers are having the most inportant thing...FUN!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray To The Max
The Current Results can be found Here. Just click on the Live Scoring Window, and the 2008 ROAR Paved Nationals, and you should be good.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Maker.

Thanks.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.