Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Questions??

So what's the hot speedo the majority of racers are using?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
So what's the hot speedo the majority of racers are using?
It's the one you got rid of last week!
It's always the one you got rid of last week JayBee

Old 06-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 3 N.I.B. if you want one, I always have something for JayBee.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
It's the one you got rid of last week!
It's always the one you got rid of last week JayBee

Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Ritchie Reynolds, where are you?
Man, we are dying here, no news or nothin', it's so quiet we gotta mess with JB!

Go get 'em anyway!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

check the SIR thread
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
check the SIR thread
Ya gotta post here, it's to good to miss, you know I'm not allowed to post there!
So here is your report:

"well, got in about 97 hours of testing today, they set up the heats for the actual race order we will run and ran a practice round of heats.

some really fast guys showed up, picked up some really good info, travis s. is just amazing to watch, when live rc gets up you guys gotta watch the little s section on the front straight, as you straighten out theres a bump and mr. baker is up on two wheels, and no wheels everytime. on one of the 180 turns the mod guys are just lighting up the tires, sounds very cool, lots of big names, and some youv'e never heard of, but the boys down here know how to turn a wheel.

came to room to get cleaned up, everyones heading over to the 'ELECTRIC COWBOY' for some entertainment. Its ladies night, and locals say its a 10 to 1 ratio. (ladies to men) marge and I will be sitting in back watching to testosterone fest sippin on some JD.

weather wise, its 6pm here, partly couldy and 82 degrees"

Thanks Ritchie!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I would just like to say that i was bashing no one sorry if you guys think that but it was not bashing...I just had a ? and that was it ..Why is it when someone ask something there bashing or take it as a personly attack....I just wanted to no if Dawn was coming...As for Bevis I will try to be on the board matter of fact I talked with Ruben at the carpet nats....As for Q i don't know what to say to you other then i have been bending backwards to help you i would like to think that i had something todo with this race your having right now by talking to some board members and telling them what a nice place you have and for the xray challenge that is your job to post and hype the race not mine that is why you get the money not me.......I am sorry if i offended anyone it was not bashing I have nothing bad to say about Roar I think all the poeple envoled are doing a great job and i thank them for there time........Thanks Drew
Drew, as I said I meant no disrespect to you in my response. I just shared my opinion on a topic, much in the way you were doing. Was I harsh? Maybe, but damn after the day I had the last thing I wanted to see was this thread turning into the same shit that so many other threads fall into. (ROAR crap)

You and I have an opportunity to do alot of good promotion for this sport. This is something that can (could) be a great thing for years to come. As with most long term freindships, and business relationships, people cant and wont always agree on everything. There are ups and downs in everything.

I over it. Get well son.

Originally Posted by beej

As someone new to the r/c racing community, it's pretty discouraging to click on a thread that should be about what sounds like an awesome event, and instead find this whine and cheese festival. Surely there's a better thread than this to air your complaints. Better yet, quit complaining and volunteer your time and effort to the cause.

Can we return to the regularly scheduled program now, please?
And this is what I hate most about these issues being taken into threads at random.

ROAR, please get a forum on the ROAR site.... Please!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Ya gotta post here, it's to good to miss, you know I'm not allowed to post there!
So here is your report:

"well, got in about 97 hours of testing today, they set up the heats for the actual race order we will run and ran a practice round of heats.

some really fast guys showed up, picked up some really good info, travis s. is just amazing to watch, when live rc gets up you guys gotta watch the little s section on the front straight, as you straighten out theres a bump and mr. baker is up on two wheels, and no wheels everytime. on one of the 180 turns the mod guys are just lighting up the tires, sounds very cool, lots of big names, and some youv'e never heard of, but the boys down here know how to turn a wheel.

came to room to get cleaned up, everyones heading over to the 'ELECTRIC COWBOY' for some entertainment. Its ladies night, and locals say its a 10 to 1 ratio. (ladies to men) marge and I will be sitting in back watching to testosterone fest sippin on some JD.

weather wise, its 6pm here, partly couldy and 82 degrees"

Thanks Ritchie!!!!!!!!

Now this is a nice post. (well rounded, positive yet honest, )
Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like the Nats got off to a great start and I'm glad to hear great participation with Baker, Burch, Paul L., Billy Easton, Howart, Cyrul and the other factory guys. It should be great for the guys attending not only to race but I'm sure they will get a kick out of the mod guys wheel
Old 06-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, Where are the pic?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Thank Ritchie Reynolds, he's an ambassador to the sport!

People seem to forget that ROAR is for the average racer, they set the rules that even the pro races use.
The ROAR Nat's are for everyone to enter and most of them are club racers, that's where they get to show their talents off or just have fun and learn from the pro's.

So thanks for going to that huge amount of work to host the race and try to enjoy yourself.

Fred

PS: Ritchie, your the man on the street, and now you have to do daily reports!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
I enjoyed watching the the guys at the bar. There was this one named Adam I really liked. Ohoh oh oh, and that drummer had a pretty mouth too! I wish Burt had been there smooth. I'd have been all over that!
Having a great time. Thanks Q!
Andrew Doherty posted under my name - little fairy!!!! Last time I take a shower logged in under my name with tinkle toes around.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AWD, Shack, and myself are having a good time. I dont think we are going to be setting any track records, but having a fun time. The track has a great layout and seem pretty fast to me. Traction is great with the VHT. Tire wear is better than what I thought it might be from what I have ran over the past months. All in all, I happy to be here and hanging out. Now we get to see it being put down in person and maybe in we get luck, we can put some rubber down with the fast guys.
L8R Marker
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy

good thing i edited that before i posted it. J/K.

having a great time. Glad i made the trip. and let me just give you props on your wonderful town you have here. It is amazing to have people smile and say thank you, and come again, and have a nice day. everywhere we've been customer service has be great. oh and after three days of driving around your town i have yet to have someone corner dive on me or cut me off, I'm gonna have to relearn how to express my road rage when i get home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.