R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #1111
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

The racing action was good. The tires held up well. But unfortunately I have tires I will not use at another track.

I was disappointed in the racer party on Friday night. It was tasteless at best. For a ROAR event, and the type of activity that went on was not needed. I am just very glad my wife and children did not come with me to the race. I go to race toy cars. Not to see women dress and walk around they way they did.

And something for the next National. How about finishing the raffle before the mains.

The race director did a very good job. The track was good for stock but anything faster it was very bumpy. This layout really showed the flaws. The last layout when I was there seemed to go around the bumps. That layout may have worked better for the Super stock and mod guys.

Overall it was a fair race week. I am sure Quinton learned a lot and thank you for holding the race.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #1112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Now I'm really sad I missed this race lol
Old 06-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #1113
Tech Champion

Just getting home from the Nats.

First, I'd like to thank John Tag for making it possible for me to attend this race, and also for the awesome brushed power all week long. I'd also like to thank Mr. Baker and Ralph for providing me with a top notch race car that in my opinion was the best car there in Stock. Thanks also to those guys for setup help, as well as to Justin Lessard. Justin and I worked real hard all week in an effort to have our cars be ultra competitive and capable of winning. Both cars were exactly that, and Congrats to Justin for taking the overall Win. Thanks to Quinton and crew for holding the event. I did enjoy being there, and was actually a bit bummed when I had to leave. Best of luck to all of the RC Hobbies crew and the track in your future.

Congrats to all the winners. Time to check out the pics!
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #1114
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Q, had a couple of bodies i was going throw away but took them to the track this morning and tossed them up on the drivers for you to give to a couple of newbies looking for bodies to bash. the wind was blowing so i had to add a little weight in the way of what was left of some black velvet. (hope that was ok) couldn't see pouring it out at the hotel.
Helz Yeah! Im gonna get all jacked up on Black Velvet!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #1115
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
The racing action was good. The tires held up well. But unfortunately I have tires I will not use at another track.

I was disappointed in the racer party on Friday night. It was tasteless at best. For a ROAR event, and the type of activity that went on was not needed. I am just very glad my wife and children did not come with me to the race. I go to race toy cars. Not to see women dress and walk around they way they did.

And something for the next National. How about finishing the raffle before the mains.

The race director did a very good job. The track was good for stock but anything faster it was very bumpy. This layout really showed the flaws. The last layout when I was there seemed to go around the bumps. That layout may have worked better for the Super stock and mod guys.

Overall it was a fair race week. I am sure Quinton learned a lot and thank you for holding the race.

Well at least you didn't tell me to pound sand up my ass! Way to go Kevin.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have always raced nitro cars on our track, but we have recently started running electric on it as well. I am amazed at how fast the mod cars get down the straight. They are only 1 second off of the nitro sedan fast laps which are about 1 second off of the 1/8th fast laps!

I would like to know if our track would be suitable to run the electric nats on. Evolution Raceway is 200'X100' and we had tried using a cut out to shorten the straight, but the modified guys liked it better with the full straight. We could still use the cutout for stock, though.

If it is suitable, how would we start looking into the process of submitting a bid for the Nationals?

www.evolutionraceway.com
Attached Thumbnails
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-evotrack.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-evotrack2.jpg  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #1117
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
Now I'm really sad I missed this race lol
Yeah I guess I could not hear Kevins disapointment over all the yelling and cheering from the other 80 or so people in attendance.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #1118
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I was disappointed in the racer party on Friday night. It was tasteless at best. For a ROAR event, and the type of activity that went on was not needed. .
I believe the Roar Event officialy ended at 8:00pm that evening. The gathering was meant to loosen up the drivers and let them enjoy themselves. I do believe it worked for 99.9% of those who stayed. When i go back and look at my pictures and video I can't find a single look of disgust or dissapointment.

Of course everyone could have just gone to the Electric Cowboy to get drunk 2 hours earlier and skipped the drivers party.

Next time save the festivities for the local racers Q. We'll appreciate it!
88crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #1119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac View Post
We have always raced nitro cars on our track, but we have recently started running electric on it as well. I am amazed at how fast the mod cars get down the straight. They are only 1 second off of the nitro sedan fast laps which are about 1 second off of the 1/8th fast laps!

I would like to know if our track would be suitable to run the electric nats on. Evolution Raceway is 200'X100' and we had tried using a cut out to shorten the straight, but the modified guys liked it better with the full straight. We could still use the cutout for stock, though.

If it is suitable, how would we start looking into the process of submitting a bid for the Nationals?

www.evolutionraceway.com

Download the nationals guidlines and nationals bid template from the ROAR website. Complete your bid per the guidlines and submitt a sanction form and your bid in electronic format to the ROAR Comp Director. Make sure your track is a ROAR affilaite track and that's about it. Happy bidding
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #1120
Tech Adept

Default Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Download the nationals guidlines and nationals bid template from the ROAR website. Complete your bid per the guidlines and submitt a sanction form and your bid in electronic format to the ROAR Comp Director. Make sure your track is a ROAR affilaite track and that's about it. Happy bidding
My phone didn't ring this morning. I guess you found your way to Little Rock ok huh!
John
Old 06-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #1121
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac View Post

www.evolutionraceway.com

Given the fact that I recently went through this, I think I can help you.

Start by going to the ROAR website and then read over the Bid Template. When you have specific questions or concerns just give me a call at the shop and I will help any way I can.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #1122
Tech Master

ROAR Nationals completed.....check

Race results posted...check

Congratualtions to the winners....check

Rash of complaints to sully what seemed to be an otherwise well-run event....check.

Yep, evertyhing is normal.

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #1123
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
ROAR Nationals completed.....check

Race results posted...check

Congratualtions to the winners....check

Rash of complaints to sully what seemed to be an otherwise well-run event....check.

Yep, evertyhing is normal.

Now that's funny right there!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #1124
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88crewchief View Post
I believe the Roar Event officialy ended at 8:00pm that evening. The gathering was meant to loosen up the drivers and let them enjoy themselves. I do believe it worked for 99.9% of those who stayed. When i go back and look at my pictures and video I can't find a single look of disgust or dissapointment.

Of course everyone could have just gone to the Electric Cowboy to get drunk 2 hours earlier and skipped the drivers party.

Next time save the festivities for the local racers Q. We'll appreciate it!
Sounds like the festivities where great. I guess if your on the other side of the tracks it is not politically correct so you needed to have some dudes for others!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #1125
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

last pictures starting here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=52&page=10

video soon
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote