R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #916
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Some day I wouldn't mind finally meeting you, Drew.. because there is no way you can actually be the person you attempt to portray on RC Tech.

So many stories about you.... I never know what to believe.

Dawn all the stories about Drew are 100% true... I heard he has a cats to..

Drew Thanks for your help at the Capital.. Who was the chuck that hit your boy in pit lane..

Hess
Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #917
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
I thought it was official that you were the pace car driver?

Did Ritchie renolds enter the masters? I think he's out for blood this time, no more mr. nice guy

I went to offroad for some rest too
yep, i'm here fred. car is good, track is good, already ribbed ruben about last years nats. weather is good, wish i had my camera at the ready earlier while driving around, no helmet law in this state, but, i gotta say, its been 30 years since i saw a guy riding with a tank top, shorts, and flip flops. really nice folks around here too. wish you were here.

thats goes for you to harsh guy. i was looking forward to a rematch on neutral ground.

i don't remember his last name, but gary that got all 3rds last year is and flying. i haven't met any of the other masters yet. but i'll be happy making the top half of the A this year.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #918
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The answer to how the Pres can attend the races, even for the weekend... But you may not like it...

RAISE THE MEMBERSHIP FEES for ROAR. R/C racing is very cheap. Heck, think of the money you spend on tires alone..

I will say it again, RAISE the membership fees, and entry fees, for the big races. If you want more entries, run a "Spec Tire" rule, and what I mean is the same tire for all, and you must run the same tire you start the Heat with all the way though the mains, you only get one tire for the event, peorid. Not 1 new set, 1 new tire, in case something happens. If you a problem with 2 tires, your done... sorry.

I can see NOT one reason that people like Dawn have to pay for attending an event out of their pocket after giving so many hours of their time.

I can only image the friends that I have made now... but really... you want people to come out and race, then you have to think about this... I also must say that some do not want new racers to invade their happy little world, but if you do not get new people, you may not have a place to race, because involvment pays the bills....

I will say Mod is the only exception, this class is as it should be, "everything is fair in lovin and war, this class is war", is the show case of the best drivers, equipment going at it.

Let's see how many people fire back....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #919
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
The answer to how the Pres can attend the races, even for the weekend... But you may not like it...

RAISE THE MEMBERSHIP FEES for ROAR. R/C racing is very cheap. Heck, think of the money you spend on tires alone..

I will say it again, RAISE the membership fees, and entry fees, for the big races. If you want more entries, run a "Spec Tire" rule, and what I mean is the same tire for all, and you must run the same tire you start the Heat with all the way though the mains, you only get one tire for the event, peorid. Not 1 new set, 1 new tire, in case something happens. If you a problem with 2 tires, your done... sorry.

I can see NOT one reason that people like Dawn have to pay for attending an event out of their pocket after giving so many hours of their time.

I can only image the friends that I have made now... but really... you want people to come out and race, then you have to think about this... I also must say that some do not want new racers to invade their happy little world, but if you do not get new people, you may not have a place to race, because involvment pays the bills....

I will say Mod is the only exception, this class is as it should be, "everything is fair in lovin and war, this class is war", is the show case of the best drivers, equipment going at it.

Let's see how many people fire back....

Not Bad!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #920
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Its been a long (but great) day. I tired and Im ready to crash. But I just cant shut this F-ing thing off without a comment of this shit storm Drew has chosen to slap on this thread. Which is quite out of place, as it could have been put on a "questions for ROAR" thread or wherever.

Drew as perviously mentioned you seem hell bent to criticize ROAR and many of its staff yet I dont see you geeting on board to realy make a impact.

Now I understand that you are home sick and that sucks. Realy, I hate it for you. However, I have to raise the followin questions.

How much effort have you put into the upcomming XRAY Challenge Races we have been planning. How many posts have you made in the thread Zach started for this series of races that are supposed to (if Im not mistaken) be of high concern to you.

I have included a link to in effort to assist you.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=222731&page=2

It just seems to me that a guy who will publicly bash someone for their efforts should make sure that he is 100% on top of his own to do list.

Now, I want to be clear that Im am not trying to disrespect you, as it is my intention to work with you for the good of this sport for years to come
(example promoting the XRAY Challenge events), putting this B.S. right here right now is exactly that B.S.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #921
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I enjoyed watching the the guys at the bar. There was this one named Adam I really liked. Ohoh oh oh, and that drummer had a pretty mouth too! I wish Burt had been there smooth. I'd have been all over that!
Having a great time. Thanks Q!

Last edited by MagicMarker; 06-19-2008 at 06:11 AM.
MagicMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #922
Tech Fanatic

Default what happened to roar

hey all: I think one reason why some roar events are loosing some luster so to speak is because roar nats. are for usa drivers only and non roar events seem to attract many non american drivers making those events seem more meaningfull. Also with most rc drivers having jobs away from rc you realy have to pic and choose which events you are able attend and those with global competition seem the most atractive. Finally i think the high cost of travel has allot to do with it as well. Just my thoughts
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Isn't it more important to get our own racers to attend then it is to hope that people spend a ton of money to fly from overseas?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarker View Post
I enjoyed watching the the guys at the bar. There was this one named Adam I really liked. Ohoh oh oh, and that drummer had a pretty mouth too! I wish Burt had been there smooth. I'd have been all over that!
Having a great time. Thanks Q!
Yall have a good time Marker... and remember what happens in Arkansas stays in Arkansas...
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #925
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I bet Marker already found the hooters

And I bet he doesn't buy drinks for the table again
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Thats probably true too.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #927
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I think the pres and commity should be at every National event, it should also be paid for by the organization, not out of pocket. And if your employer won't allow it you shouldn't have accepted that responsabilty.
As for the events they have way to many classes, there should only be stock and mod, for example for the carpet nats it should be Stock foam , Mod foam and maybe a rubber tire class. Charge more for the entry to compensate for the multiclass racers not running 6 classes!! If you enter stock you cannot enter Mod and if you enter mod you cannot enter stock in any class. Maybe you can shorten the event by a day or two so more racers and roar reps can show up. 7 masters?? Why even have the class?? 20-30 Mod?? Hell, I could run mod finish last and woo-hoo I got me a c main finish.
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #928
Tech Master

I would just like to say that i was bashing no one sorry if you guys think that but it was not bashing...I just had a ? and that was it ..Why is it when someone ask something there bashing or take it as a personly attack....I just wanted to no if Dawn was coming...As for Bevis I will try to be on the board matter of fact I talked with Ruben at the carpet nats....As for Q i don't know what to say to you other then i have been bending backwards to help you i would like to think that i had something todo with this race your having right now by talking to some board members and telling them what a nice place you have and for the xray challenge that is your job to post and hype the race not mine that is why you get the money not me.......I am sorry if i offended anyone it was not bashing I have nothing bad to say about Roar I think all the poeple envoled are doing a great job and i thank them for there time........Thanks Drew
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #929
Tech Legend

Default I feel your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
I would just like to say that i was bashing no one sorry if you guys think that but it was not bashing...I just had a ? and that was it ..Why is it when someone ask something there bashing or take it as a personly attack....I just wanted to no if Dawn was coming...As for Bevis I will try to be on the board matter of fact I talked with Ruben at the carpet nats....As for Q i don't know what to say to you other then i have been bending backwards to help you i would like to think that i had something todo with this race your having right now by talking to some board members and telling them what a nice place you have and for the xray challenge that is your job to post and hype the race not mine that is why you get the money not me.......I am sorry if i offended anyone it was not bashing I have nothing bad to say about Roar I think all the poeple envoled are doing a great job and i thank them for there time........Thanks Drew
Ellis

Your question about the Prez attending Nats was not above board at all and a good question at that ...

However, elite Roar member`s can`t stand such , as they only think they are doing great and have no faults other than bashing anyone who question their
beloved organization ....

Their behaviour makes being a part the Roar difficult and unappealing to many after they see how these elite members behave .....

Best of luck to you and your reasonable question....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #930
Tech Initiate

As someone new to the r/c racing community, it's pretty discouraging to click on a thread that should be about what sounds like an awesome event, and instead find this whine and cheese festival. Surely there's a better thread than this to air your complaints. Better yet, quit complaining and volunteer your time and effort to the cause.

Can we return to the regularly scheduled program now, please?
beej is offline   Reply With Quote