R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #871
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DREW DOG!!!

Hey drew! Nice words there buddy. Melissa and I are here reading what you have to say. She says hi by the way.

I sure do miss not being at my first Nationals in a long time.

But i do agree with what you are saying drew..

Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

So thats 8 weeks of telling your boss you need time off work. Again we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I have no problem with you Drew. I've met you at races before and I think your an all right guy. I just don't think your right on this issue. Sorry.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #873
Tech Master

thanks mike, hi Melissa how s it going good i hope....Dave like i said i'm not trying to be mean i just think that someone needs to say something about this and if she can't come maybe there should be a new Roar prez who can take time to come to all the races like i said it can be done T-rex, rick wilson and mike q did it why can't she......
Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
So thats 8 weeks of telling your boss you need time off work. Again we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I have no problem with you Drew. I've met you at races before and I think your an all right guy. I just don't think your right on this issue. Sorry.

You have lost all credibility here David

I have to agree with Drew on this...........there were some serious issues with carpet nats. And the condescending attitudes and verbal beat downs could have been avoided with a clear thinking person in charge.

Blackstock......why are you not going??
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
I think Sean Sanchez is the one that has to tell the BOSS he need's time off work for racing!

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I just didnt want drew to hurt my at the next race cause he looks mean. Not like you Josh, your just a big teddy bear.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #877
Tech Addict

I am at a loss that the president would not go to are nationals. I have no beef with Dawn or Dave. But feel like the president should not have taken the job if they can not show up for one day.

Why not fly in there for the weekend to make a presence. That way there is no off work time.

Josh is right credibility is being lost every time we have a nationals.

Josh Corally USA decided it would be better to focus on some of the larger events . Go figure so are next race will be the IIC in Vegas. Bummer since i really wanted to go to the Nationals but it really dos not mean that much anymore :-(

Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #878
Tech Master

I'm not mad nor am i a mean person...lol.... I would never hurt a fellow rc racer Dave but this is what these forum r for i respect your thoughts on this subject some poeple will agree and some wiil not the want makes usa usa..... Dawn are you going to say anything????????????
Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #879
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Gentlemen: There is no way financially one person can attend 10 events a year when that person's income comes from outside the RC industry. I do not see the relevance of this attack on me or anybody else who volunteers to work in the best interest of ROAR. You guys (team drivers) are paid to attend events. ROAR officials are not. In fact, most expenses are out of pocket.

Stop already, please?

Drew - your incorrect. Rick Wilson attended one to two events a year while he was president and Mike Queller attended three to four events. I have attended two this year already and last year, three and the year before three and he year before four. Each member of the Executive Committee is required to attend at least one event a year and we all rotate which events based on our work and personal schedules. Remember, we aren't paid to attend or have our expenses paid for either. (travel and lodging are reimbursed. Expenses are not.)

As for Carpet Nats - the RMT was in charge. Steve Webster was the race director and Andrew Mowery was the ROAR official. You had a team making decisions. I was not there because I was holding my own event that weekend at my business track and was not able to be in two places at once.

I do apologize for being a disappointment. I am unable to attend due to personal obligations and employment matters. I'm sorry to see that Drew won't be attending and I hope you get well soon.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #880
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
..... Dawn are you going to say anything????????????

Some day I wouldn't mind finally meeting you, Drew.. because there is no way you can actually be the person you attempt to portray on RC Tech.

So many stories about you.... I never know what to believe.

Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #881
Tech Master

Everyone should listen to Mike when he talks he is one of r top racers in the states and been racing for years...How long has it been Mike? he makes a good point fly in on the weeked just to show face heck i don't even no what Dawn looks like ......................
Old 06-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #882
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I want to be there for the Drew and Dawn First Encounter!

I can envision the smiles, the laughter, the hugs... the puppy dogs running around and butterflies in the air... ah!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #883
Tech Addict

I wish i had the answers. But i don't either guys. But i know one thing this all sucks. Us venting on here and everything that is happening to onroad at the moment.

I love Roar and remember the hay days when Nationals meant so much and was like a pedestal of are country . Now everyone can not wait for all the other non Roar races. This sucks. Because i am proud to be a Roar member. I just want it to be like it was years ago.

I am sorry if i offended anyone . I know how hard EVERYONE Works at these races i just feel like the president should be there for one day to support ALL of racing. This is my opinion personally and has nothing to do with my sponsors opinions.

Sorry

Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #884
Tech Master

Thank you Dawn for your kind words i am sorry that things came up and that is all i wanted to know why you were not attending... I am sick of hearing about poeple who volunteer maybe we should figure how to pay them more i for one think 30 dollars a year is to cheap it should be more like 100 dollars a year then there would be no more excuses because that is always the excuse...
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #885
Tech Addict

Yes thanks for posting Dawn. I understand when things come up and that is ok . I did not mean to offend you if i did. IT would not matter if my father was president and did this . I would feel the same way.

Thanks for all you do and Drew is right maybe we need a increase for membership fee's to make sure are president can come to all the roar national events in the future.

I want racing to succeed . I want Roar to succeed.

Thanks Again.

Mike