R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #586
Tech Regular

Well guys the old track layout is up and the track is empty besides podium and pit lane. We are going to wash the track this weekend, put down the new layout, then the weekend before nats we will pressure wash it so it should be great for you guys
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #587
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Well guys the old track layout is up and the track is empty besides podium and pit lane. We are going to wash the track this weekend, put down the new layout, then the weekend before nats we will pressure wash it so it should be great for you guys
Colton, you may only be fourteen but today you worked like a man. A man who dont like to work, , but whatever.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #588
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

How was the racing yesterday Q? You get my text earlier about the flapper material?

Got to test the Sweep tires a bunch on Saturday. We ran some sets 6-7 times and they stayed pretty much the same every run. Our fastest runs were not the 1st run....2nd, 3rd, etc. It seemed that they held up very well and didnt blister even though the track was in the 120-125 range all day with air temps 90 or so.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #589
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
How was the racing yesterday Q? You get my text earlier about the flapper material?

Got to test the Sweep tires a bunch on Saturday. We ran some sets 6-7 times and they stayed pretty much the same every run. Our fastest runs were not the 1st run....2nd, 3rd, etc. It seemed that they held up very well and didnt blister even though the track was in the 120-125 range all day with air temps 90 or so.

EA
The day went well considering it was raining at around 8:30 which is when we would have normally been cleaning the track. We collectively decided to just run the track as it was so it had not been cleaned or sprayed since Saturday morning.

All things considered though the track was still good. Racing was decent in all classes. In fact one of the best races to announce or watch was actually the first run of the TT-01 class. Those guys worked together well and put on a hell of a show. You almost could not tell they are a bunch of newbies.

Im glad you are getting a feel for the Sweeps. I have actually been hearing quite a bit of good feedback on them lately.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Q- tried calling a couple times today to reserve tires guess that was while you were working on the track.

Whats a good time to call tomorrow?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #591
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Q- tried calling a couple times today to reserve tires guess that was while you were working on the track.

Whats a good time to call tomorrow?
The store is closed on Mondays. Ill be there from 10am-6pm tomorrow. Or PM your info to me and I will call you.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #592
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post

EA
polyethylene
got it from http://www.advanced-plastics.com/ not ABC about $60 for a 4x8 sheet get white or yellow if they have it. they'll cut it up for cheap like $5 we had it cut to 4"x4' so you get like 23 flappers out of it. the last one is saw curf.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #593
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Colton, you may only be fourteen but today you worked like a man. A man who dont like to work, , but whatever.
LOL thanks Q. I like to work, i only sat down twice on the job today, but i was still working while i was sitting down.
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #594
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Will there be wireless connection at track for Nats.......

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #595
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Will there be wireless connection at track for Nats.......
Checking on that.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #596
Regional Moderator

Feedback on the Sweeps has been coming in as those people that had some shipped to practice on have been giving there thoughts.

So far its looking great for the Sweeps in the US. Nearly all feedback has been positive. Some of the FL guys ran them this past weekend and I hear that they were very well received.

There is only about 20 sets remaining still shipable. We will not ship any tires when this batch is gone. If there are some left after the Nats we will begin shipping again at that time.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #597
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i ran the sweeps last sunday and all i can say is wow they r good, i ran about 8 packs through them and their still good. good call on the tires cant wait for nats

the only problem i have with them is their so large and wont fit into my tires warmers
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #598
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestyV32 View Post
i ran the sweeps last sunday and all i can say is wow they r good, i ran about 8 packs through them and their still good. good call on the tires cant wait for nats

the only problem i have with them is their so large and wont fit into my tires warmers
Great News Im glad you are digin the hoops!

About the warmers; I have the Type L cups and the tires fit in them with or without a towel in place. I think the taller sidewall was origionally put in place to help reinforce the tire in very high grip situations. Maybe Ryan Lee will get on here and elaborate.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #599
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:

About the warmers; I have the Type L cups and the tires fit in them with or without a towel in place. I think the taller sidewall was origionally put in place to help reinforce the tire in very high grip situations. Maybe Ryan Lee will get on here and elaborate.
Yep you're right; the SWEEP tires were made to take advantage of high-bite carpet.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Quote:

Hello,
This is Ryan Lee from Muchmore Racing.
The following quick tip will help you when you pull out your warmer cups from Sweep tire.

Latest version of Tire wamrers have air holes preventing being vacuum between tires and cups.

For old type(none hole cups), Make an additional hole where above picture indicates with body reamer carefully. (Making hole on other area may damage heat wire inside.)

Sweep R series tires have higher side wall, having larger gap between tire and insert. so they have some advantage under hot weather condition.

Sweep LHS version has smaller diameter, they perform very well on carpet track preventing traction roll.
Premounted tire sets come with lightweight foam insert just like JB blue foam.

Last edited by Ryan Lee; 06-03-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote