R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #421
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
EA, what motor / battery combo were you using in the main?
Ener-G and C027. Needed some new Tires...Drew's re-runs almost didnt cut it! As far as Tires I tried the Sweeps and they are .5 slower than any other tire...Drew also ran them and confirmed it. IF you were running the sweeps in the main your the man because drew couldnt get withing half a second of what you ran when he tried them.

Track was great. Plenty of traction early in the day track was clean and great to race on. Glad to hear the knuckle busters will be gone for the Nats

Anyone waiting to decide to go to the nats stop waiting and sign up....You wont be disappointed.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #422
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance View Post
The track was great. It was a good day in all I ended up 3rd behind Quntion and EA won it. I ran the spec tires all day yesterday they were ok but about a second slower. I ended up running sorex's for the feature
Yeah I ran RP36's in the main that helped me put some pressure on you We had a great race. Good job on your finish.

One other note on the tires for the nat's. They do not fit the Much More tire warmer cups. If you have the Type S cup I would not use them at all as they just do not fit in. If you have the Type L you can slide the cup on the tire only if you have sauce on the tire. You can not use any towels for the warmers. I measured 2mm taller than most other tires. So you will need to adjust your ride height and droop of course.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #423
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Ener-G and C027. Needed some new Tires...Drew's re-runs almost didnt cut it! As far as Tires I tried the Sweeps and they are .5 slower than any other tire...Drew also ran them and confirmed it. IF you were running the sweeps in the main your the man because drew couldnt get withing half a second of what you ran when he tried them.

Track was great. Plenty of traction early in the day track was clean and great to race on. Glad to hear the knuckle busters will be gone for the Nats

Anyone waiting to decide to go to the nats stop waiting and sign up....You wont be disappointed.

EA
Drew also put in a great run on Jaco Greens (28's), yet when I tried them for the first qualifier you saw what happend. (it was so bad I pulled off). Drews car is set completely different than my car.

If there's one thing I have learned lately, its to not ask other people how to set up my car because you will get completely diffrent answers from just about every guy you talk to. I am just learning as I go by trial and error and by doing a great deal of reading. It seams at times that when your competion gives set-up advice you just may get a response that varies wildly from everything else you have learned thus far.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #424
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Yeah I ran RP36's in the main that helped me put some pressure on you We had a great race. Good job on your finish.

One other note on the tires for the nat's. They do not fit the Much More tire warmer cups. If you have the Type S cup I would not use them at all as they just do not fit in. If you have the Type L you can slide the cup on the tire only if you have sauce on the tire. You can not use any towels for the warmers. I measured 2mm taller than most other tires. So you will need to adjust your ride height and droop of course.

Kevin brings up a good point. If you have a choice of tire warming cups bring the big ones. I use the Much More Type-L, they work fine as long as there is sauce on the tire. I also use the blue shop towles, but the fit is quite snug.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #425
Regional Moderator

THANK YOU HACKER USA!!

Hacker Brushless USA has joined this event as the sponsor of the Super Stock Touring Car Class. I appreciate each and every company that is stepping up to support this event. I am currently using these sponsorship dollars for facility improvements such as, pouring a new sidewalk to lead spectactors around the track to the picnic area on the front straight. This will improve not only this event but all events held here for years to come.

Thanks again Hacker!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #426
Tech Apprentice

GREAT RACE COLTON!!! Pratice paid off. u are going to be a racer to be reckoned with.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Trug Lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #427
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trug Lug View Post
GREAT RACE COLTON!!! Pratice paid off. u are going to be a racer to be reckoned with.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
When are you gonna get that new TT-01 finished?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #428
Tech Adept

Default Sunday's Race Videos

Here are the new videos (with better quality). Hope everyone enjoys.

Spec class main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXbVh1H7p0

TC A-Main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8eZzMq9oUM

:t ire:

I tried to follow the leaders for you guys so I probably missed some good battles for position deeper in the field.
88crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #429
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trug Lug View Post
Thanks Tony i appreciate the compliments. You did pretty good yourself
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
THANK YOU HACKER USA!!

the picnic area on the front straight.

Thanks again Hacker!
OH My!!! A picnic area on the front straight.

Seriously, sounds like a nice facility.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #431
Tech Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Once again it was a great day of racing in TT-01 Spec class and id like to say congrats on johnathan who reached the podium for the first time

thanks on the congrats it was a fun race maybe if i had another min. or two i could have caught ya but maybe next time congrats to robert getting third with a broke a-arm
Griffey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #432
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffey 13 View Post
thanks on the congrats it was a fun race maybe if i had another min. or two i could have caught ya but maybe next time congrats to robert getting third with a broke a-arm
Hey Griffey, you have sported a new beer theamed body just about every time you hit the track. What's next?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #433
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
OH My!!! A picnic area on the front straight.

Seriously, sounds like a nice facility.

Steve
Actually I guess I should have said the back straight, but what ever.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #434
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey Griffey, you have sported a new beer theamed body just about every time you hit the track. What's next?
I say he gets a logo of Corona like the stool you got in the tower Q
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #435
Tech Rookie

Cool

Quote:
whatever i'm drinking at that time lol i would like to find a milller light logo and put on it mybe if i quit beating my body up so bad i could run the same one week to week lol

Last edited by Griffey 13; 05-19-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
Griffey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote