R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #421
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
EA, what motor / battery combo were you using in the main?
Ener-G and C027. Needed some new Tires...Drew's re-runs almost didnt cut it! As far as Tires I tried the Sweeps and they are .5 slower than any other tire...Drew also ran them and confirmed it. IF you were running the sweeps in the main your the man because drew couldnt get withing half a second of what you ran when he tried them.

Track was great. Plenty of traction early in the day track was clean and great to race on. Glad to hear the knuckle busters will be gone for the Nats

Anyone waiting to decide to go to the nats stop waiting and sign up....You wont be disappointed.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #422
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance View Post
The track was great. It was a good day in all I ended up 3rd behind Quntion and EA won it. I ran the spec tires all day yesterday they were ok but about a second slower. I ended up running sorex's for the feature
Yeah I ran RP36's in the main that helped me put some pressure on you We had a great race. Good job on your finish.

One other note on the tires for the nat's. They do not fit the Much More tire warmer cups. If you have the Type S cup I would not use them at all as they just do not fit in. If you have the Type L you can slide the cup on the tire only if you have sauce on the tire. You can not use any towels for the warmers. I measured 2mm taller than most other tires. So you will need to adjust your ride height and droop of course.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #423
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Ener-G and C027. Needed some new Tires...Drew's re-runs almost didnt cut it! As far as Tires I tried the Sweeps and they are .5 slower than any other tire...Drew also ran them and confirmed it. IF you were running the sweeps in the main your the man because drew couldnt get withing half a second of what you ran when he tried them.

Track was great. Plenty of traction early in the day track was clean and great to race on. Glad to hear the knuckle busters will be gone for the Nats

Anyone waiting to decide to go to the nats stop waiting and sign up....You wont be disappointed.

EA
Drew also put in a great run on Jaco Greens (28's), yet when I tried them for the first qualifier you saw what happend. (it was so bad I pulled off). Drews car is set completely different than my car.

If there's one thing I have learned lately, its to not ask other people how to set up my car because you will get completely diffrent answers from just about every guy you talk to. I am just learning as I go by trial and error and by doing a great deal of reading. It seams at times that when your competion gives set-up advice you just may get a response that varies wildly from everything else you have learned thus far.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #424
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Yeah I ran RP36's in the main that helped me put some pressure on you We had a great race. Good job on your finish.

One other note on the tires for the nat's. They do not fit the Much More tire warmer cups. If you have the Type S cup I would not use them at all as they just do not fit in. If you have the Type L you can slide the cup on the tire only if you have sauce on the tire. You can not use any towels for the warmers. I measured 2mm taller than most other tires. So you will need to adjust your ride height and droop of course.

Kevin brings up a good point. If you have a choice of tire warming cups bring the big ones. I use the Much More Type-L, they work fine as long as there is sauce on the tire. I also use the blue shop towles, but the fit is quite snug.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #425
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

THANK YOU HACKER USA!!

Hacker Brushless USA has joined this event as the sponsor of the Super Stock Touring Car Class. I appreciate each and every company that is stepping up to support this event. I am currently using these sponsorship dollars for facility improvements such as, pouring a new sidewalk to lead spectactors around the track to the picnic area on the front straight. This will improve not only this event but all events held here for years to come.

Thanks again Hacker!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #426
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 68
Default

GREAT RACE COLTON!!! Pratice paid off. u are going to be a racer to be reckoned with.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Trug Lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #427
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trug Lug View Post
GREAT RACE COLTON!!! Pratice paid off. u are going to be a racer to be reckoned with.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
When are you gonna get that new TT-01 finished?
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #428
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 180
Default Sunday's Race Videos

Here are the new videos (with better quality). Hope everyone enjoys.

Spec class main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXbVh1H7p0

TC A-Main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8eZzMq9oUM



:t ire:

I tried to follow the leaders for you guys so I probably missed some good battles for position deeper in the field.
88crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #429
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trug Lug View Post
GREAT RACE COLTON!!! Pratice paid off. u are going to be a racer to be reckoned with.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Thanks Tony i appreciate the compliments. You did pretty good yourself
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #430
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
THANK YOU HACKER USA!!

the picnic area on the front straight.


Thanks again Hacker!
OH My!!! A picnic area on the front straight.


Seriously, sounds like a nice facility.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #431
Tech Rookie
 
Griffey 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jonesboro AR
Posts: 11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Once again it was a great day of racing in TT-01 Spec class and id like to say congrats on johnathan who reached the podium for the first time

thanks on the congrats it was a fun race maybe if i had another min. or two i could have caught ya but maybe next time congrats to robert getting third with a broke a-arm
Griffey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #432
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffey 13 View Post
thanks on the congrats it was a fun race maybe if i had another min. or two i could have caught ya but maybe next time congrats to robert getting third with a broke a-arm
Hey Griffey, you have sported a new beer theamed body just about every time you hit the track. What's next?
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #433
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
OH My!!! A picnic area on the front straight.


Seriously, sounds like a nice facility.

Steve
Actually I guess I should have said the back straight, but what ever.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #434
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Hey Griffey, you have sported a new beer theamed body just about every time you hit the track. What's next?
I say he gets a logo of Corona like the stool you got in the tower Q
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #435
Tech Rookie
 
Griffey 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jonesboro AR
Posts: 11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Hey Griffey, you have sported a new beer theamed body just about every time you hit the track. What's next?
whatever i'm drinking at that time lol i would like to find a milller light logo and put on it mybe if i quit beating my body up so bad i could run the same one week to week lol

Last edited by Griffey 13; 05-19-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
Griffey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 US RC Drift Nationals - August (16-17, 2008) airborneranger Racing Forum 3 07-16-2008 11:12 AM
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) mrrcguy Electric On-Road 688 04-18-2008 09:30 AM
Updated kits for worlds 2008? sjenkins97 Nitro Off-Road 13 09-08-2007 05:04 AM
2007 ROAR on-road asphalt nationals TL_XXX-S_racer Electric On-Road 254 05-17-2007 06:13 PM
Pictures/Info on Permanent Asphalt Tracks TheBarber Electric On-Road 7 04-10-2003 08:55 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net