R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #331
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have just about got things worked out so that everyone will be able to leave their stuff set up at night. With the help of one of my local hot shoes I have found affordable security staff. Just a couple minor details and its done.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #332
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
I have just about got things worked out so that everyone will be able to leave their stuff set up at night. With the help of one of my local hot shoes I have found affordable security staff. Just a couple minor details and its done.
WOO HOO!!
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #333
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Asphalt = Qual Points
Carpet = Rocket Round

The On Road electric committee discussed the merits of both types of racing, and after talking to racers that raced both, decided to put forward the rule change to the excomm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
but they used rocket round at the carpet nats, so is this a change?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #334
Regional Moderator

Tim did you get the PM about the upcoming race announcement?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #335
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Get er done

::
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
This thread has been started to give those who plan to attend the Asphalt Nats this year a place to get up-to-date event info, post event related pictures (practice and event pics), share your thoughts (on practice and event stuff), and maybe even do a little smack talking too.

I welcome those of you who have been here before to chime in and chat with the newer or out of town guys that will have questions about our little spot in the racing world and our surrounding comminity. I will handle the concerns which relate directly to the store or facility regs. For concerns or questions directly related to ROAR or ROAR guidelines, please visit www.roarracing.com

That being said, LETS DO THIS!

RC HOBBIES RACEWAY Presents the
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nationals

RC Hobbies is pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2008 ROAR On-Road Asphalt Nationals on June 18th - 22nd. While RC Hobbies (the Hobby Shop), has been in business for over 21 years; RC Hobbies Raceway, is a brand new world class facility with fresh asphalt. I built the shop and the raceway with my own hands out of a desire to have something that I and my fellow racers could be proud of for many years to come. The bottom line is I am totally committed to making this race fun, exciting, and memorable for all involved.

RC Hobbies Raceway is located at 1409 E Parker Rd. Jonesboro Arkansas. The raceway is surrounded with all the amenities a racer could need. There are over 40 places to eat within 2.5 miles from the track, and “Hotel Road” is less than 1 mile away. The track dimensions are 70’ x 140’ and the hobby shop is well stocked.

Shipping:
For those who wish to ship their equipment to the race, RCHR will accept and store packages in a secure and monitored part of the shop before the event. In addition to the shipping label, please attach a second label (orange in color preferred) which will have the name of the person who will be picking up the package. We will be checking Id’s and only releasing the packages to the person listed on the label. Mail packages to the address bellow. For return shipping there is a FedEx Kinkos and a US Post Office within 3 miles of the shop.

RC Hobbies Raceway
C/O 2008 Nats / Your Name
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Hotel Info:
The Official Host Hotel is Holiday Inn. There is a block of rooms set up at a discounted rate of $79 with a full breakfast buffet each morning. This rate is not available on-line, you must call 870-935-2030 to get the rate. These rooms are only going to be held until June 10th.

Area Info:
No need to worry about searching your way around town to find good food or nightly entertainment. I will compile a full list of local favorites with a map of how to get there from the track. Also there will be vendors on site.

Entry Form:
www.roarracing.com

Event Schedule:
Schedule is subject to change. Bellow is the tentative schedule.

Wednesday June 18th = Open Practice 8:30am - 11am
Drivers Meeting 11:15am - 11:30am
Semi-Open Practice 11:35am - 9pm

Thursday June 19th = Open Practice 8:30am - 9:30am
Drivers Meeting 9:45am - 10am
Practice By Heats 10:15am - 8pm

Friday June 20th = Open Practice 8:30am - 9:30am
Drivers Meeting 9:30am - 9:45am
Qualifying Starts 10am - 2 rounds
Event Party ( ? ) 9pm - ?

Saturday June 21st = Same as Friday …

Sunday June 22nd = Drivers Meeting 8:30am - 8:45
Mains Begin 9am
Full Trophy Presentation (after mains)

Event Rules:
Please refer all concerns pertaining to ROAR Rules, directly to a ROAR official. The list of officials can be viewed at www.roarracing.com .

Pits:
We will have a tent large enough for about 120 racers to pit comfortably inside. These spaces will be reserved for those racers who are traveling from outside our area. All racers who wish to reserve a spot in this area must contact the shop to make arrangements. (870-933-0479) The tent spaces will be reserved (for persons living outside our area) through June 6th. After June 6th any remaining spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis. For racers who live within our region or any racer preferring to pit outside, there will be plenty of space for canopies and trailers. I will have ample AC power for everyone. Compressed Air will be provided, as air compressors will not be permitted unless you are running a generator.

Stated Tires (spec tire):
The rubber tire classes will all be using a pre-mounted “spec” tire. The tire selection has been made and the announcement will be given on or before April 23rd after all is finalized.

Updates:
This information will be updated as often as more details become available.

Questions:
Please feel free to ‘Post”, or “PM”, questions to Quinton, a.k.a. MRRCGUY.
Or e-mail questions to [email protected] .
Questions concerning facility related issues may only be considered valid if answered by either of the two sources above.

General Info:
RC Hobbies Raceway
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Phone: 870-933-0479
Fax: 870-933-0451
E-Mail: [email protected]
Trug Lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #336
Regional Moderator

?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #337
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Hate to point this out but roar rules

5.3.2.2 When Juniors and Masters categories are run, the following rules will apply:
• Masters must be at least 40 years old or 45 if on road fuel, on the first day of
qualifying.

• At Level 5 events, Juniors and Masters may enter other classes in the open category,
but not in the same vehicle type.

so if you are in Masters TC the only other Classes you can run is 1/12th scale

Roar
is this info Right?

Tim ..... it's right. If you run Master TC you can't run any other TC class. You could run 1/12th stock, super stock or modified. For the person that Tag said signed up in Masters and Stock TC, he'll be getting an email with an explination of the rules.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #338
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Tim ..... it's right. If you run Master TC you can't run any other TC class. You could run 1/12th stock, super stock or modified. For the person that Tag said signed up in Masters and Stock TC, he'll be getting an email with an explination of the rules.
Are you referring to me? I signed up for both stock and masters TC. I was under the impression that as long as different motors were used (13.5 for masters, 17.5 for stock) you could enter both.

Dawn posted this in January on the other Nationals Thread:

typically, you cannot run Masters TC and the stock TC class at the same event in on road and in off road, its Masters Truck and stock truck. Spirit of the rule being: you don't get two shots at the trophy...

At the previous Nats, Masters ran the same power plant as Stock, therefore you had to run either 19t or mod if you raced masters: This year masters is the only class using 13.5, so it would seem reasonable to me that you could run Stock and Masters.

Can someone give a REAL Answer, It is a long haul from South Florida, and I would hate to travel all that way before being told that I can't race stock class also.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

from what i remember, if you ran masters, you could not run another class as the rules state. however, when the 19t motor came out masters were allowed to run both masters and 19t as a way to grow the 19t class. at last years nats i think some ran 19t, I know at the 2004 nats a variance was given to allow some to run mod. with the renaming of classes, i wasn't sure what was going to happen so i asked the question.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #340
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default bodies

edit

Last edited by jsfrcfrk; 05-09-2008 at 04:19 PM.
jsfrcfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #341
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfrcfrk View Post
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but are the bodies pf 1465 legal now w/o the -01. I just checked the ROAR website and it list pf 1465 w/o the 01. Just would like to know, none of my LHS have been able to source them as of yet with the 01. Thanks. Jayme
The PF number on the body is not important for you. The GBS number 4017 on the 2 Mazda bodies is important. The part number of the packaging did not change. When you get a body from your LHS for this race you will need to make sure 4017 is molded into the windshield inside the package. Or if you order from an online place you will need to have them check the body inside the package. The all Stratus all purpose bodies are legal. They will have the words "all purpose " at the top of the windshield.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #342
Tech Addict

Am I correct in assuming the dates listed under approval on the ROAR site are when an approval expires, and if so, why is there a time limit on approved products?

Dave
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #343
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Am I correct in assuming the dates listed under approval on the ROAR site are when an approval expires, and if so, why is there a time limit on approved products?

Dave
Dave ... you are correct, that is the approvals exparation date. Because rules are always in some state of change approvals need to be limited so they can be kept current with the rules.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #344
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kowal View Post
Are you referring to me? I signed up for both stock and masters TC. I was under the impression that as long as different motors were used (13.5 for masters, 17.5 for stock) you could enter both.

Dawn posted this in January on the other Nationals Thread:

typically, you cannot run Masters TC and the stock TC class at the same event in on road and in off road, its Masters Truck and stock truck. Spirit of the rule being: you don't get two shots at the trophy...

At the previous Nats, Masters ran the same power plant as Stock, therefore you had to run either 19t or mod if you raced masters: This year masters is the only class using 13.5, so it would seem reasonable to me that you could run Stock and Masters.

Can someone give a REAL Answer, It is a long haul from South Florida, and I would hate to travel all that way before being told that I can't race stock class also.
Anyone? Am I allowed to race Masters and Stock? I see others have registered for both, also..
Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #345
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kowal View Post
Anyone? Am I allowed to race Masters and Stock? I see others have registered for both, also..
I believe this is being looked at along with the body situation. Please be patient and cross your fingers.

Last edited by mrrcguy; 05-09-2008 at 06:53 PM.