R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Saturday is practice day only, and the race will be on Sunday.

Saturday the track will be fully prepped and I may run a couple heats for the heck of it.

On the body thing I will have to check quantities and get back to you.

You can reserve tires by calling the shop at 870-933-0479 and pay with credit card.
So we are going to have a race this sunday
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #287
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nope.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #288
Tech Regular

Quote:
Nope.
ok jw
Old 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #289
Tech Regular

Q are you going to let us come out and practice on the saturday before the nats warm up race or is it strictly for the nats people???
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #290
Regional Moderator

Its for everyone. But if we run any organized heats on that day it will be only people entered in the Nats.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #291
Tech Regular

Quote:
Its for everyone. But if we run any organized heats on that day it will be only people entered in the Nats.
Ok kool
Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #292
Tech Fanatic

I was checking the registrations and wow, there are alot of open slots. I know I was just getting around to convincing my self that I will go race and checking my wallet.

What body will be good for a Uber Stock,10.5, I just noticed my body does not have ###'s on the window and I might as well get the right one.

I've been eyeing the Reedy 5000's for my conversion to LiPO. Can I charge my car in a steel box so I would not have to remove LiPO and charge in a LiPO sack? I understand the risk that my car be toast if the LiPO fails, but fire will be contained in the box.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
I was checking the registrations and wow, there are alot of open slots. I know I was just getting around to convincing my self that I will go race and checking my wallet.

What body will be good for a Uber Stock,10.5, I just noticed my body does not have ###'s on the window and I might as well get the right one.

I've been eyeing the Reedy 5000's for my conversion to LiPO. Can I charge my car in a steel box so I would not have to remove LiPO and charge in a LiPO sack? I understand the risk that my car be toast if the LiPO fails, but fire will be contained in the box.
I am not to sure how up to date it is. I registered and paid last week, but I show as "unconfirmed".
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #294
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post

Yeah the list is rather short. Im not sure if there is some sort of delay in updating the list or what. It seems that no matter who I talk to, everyone is expecting that the event will sell out. I guess we will see in just a few short weeks.

I recommend the Mazda 6 for its very balanced tendencies on this track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
I am not to sure how up to date it is. I registered and paid last week, but I show as "unconfirmed".

How long did it take for your name to show on the list?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I believe my name showed the same day or next day.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #296
Regional Moderator

Regarding stock on Mazda 6 Bodies;

I have 13 Mazda 6 bodies with nothing stamped on the windshield. 4 with the number pf4017 on the windshield. 4 with the number efra1465-00 on the windshield.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

I am lost on this body thing. I have two protoform bodies that are part # on the windshield of

pf-1487
pf-1465

Are these legal ?? On the roar site it says the same numbers but -01

So i am good or not ???? this is crazy if these bodies are not legal and the one's with the -01 are...
joerocket900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #298
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Joe, no they are not legal, they are the old body part numbers and there is a physical difference.

Those bodies will be great to run at almost any race, other then the nats. This whole process has been confusing, and has been difficult for both the racers and ROAR.

As old stock filters through the sales channel, everything will get cleared up.

So to be Clear, the part numbers for the bodies on the ROAR website are the only ones that are legal for the upcoming Nats.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Tim thanks for the quick response... So they have made altering changes to decrease performance of these bodies over the older ones?? If so understood!!

If all they have done is make little non performance changes and then changed the part # to make roar happy then why not grandfather the older bodies in for one year so people like me who bought sevral bodies last year to get painted for upcoming roar races do not have to go out and buy more .

This really stinks and probably will keep me from coming to the nationals to be honest. i am limited on my budget. I have spent over 200 on bodies getting them painted .
joerocket900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #300
Regional Moderator

Default Request.

I just wanted to take a moment to request something from those who plan to attend this event.

If you are planning to attend the event, but have been holding off on signing up, please take the time to get registered ASAP. Myself and those who have stepped up to the plate to help me out, have many things planned to make this a great, exciting, and unique event for all who attend. This being the case, the sooner I know about how many people will be in attendance the better I can prepare.

How else will I know how many Dancers to have on hand?