Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 04-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Hey guys,

Thanks for the fun. Damn pollen. haha. The brushed stuff is still the way to go along with NIMH.

Jimmy- that main was sick. I wish I could do passes like that and not hit crap after.

Ea- sorry for the break check haha! If my car falls off like that again, Ill definately be doing that to everyone. haha

Tag- LUCKY!

Q- Nice facility. Amazing track surface. Little rough but traction was great and I actually had to use breaks for the first time ever. Please keep gouch corner. My favorite part of any track ive ever raced.

Kevin- you dont need to change that losi. I didn't know the pollen happened. Its up in the air on the sway bar or harder springs... best thing to do is get a 008 and you know this.

Everyone else- The 008 is awesome. By far the best car ive ever driven on asphalt. On my tq qualifier, My average lap was .25 seconds off of my fastest lap. The previous qual, Eric and myself had only a .2 seconds difference from fast to average.

Tires- did a lot of testing with the RP's this weekend. 36's were fast. 16.0's with these and not very much wear. 30's were rediculous at 15.7 but they wore pretty fast. Maybe 2 fast runs with these things.

See everyone at the Warm up race!

Chris Adams
Old 04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was running the SMC 4000 pack. Charge was at 8amps. I was doing some heating. But I don't think I got them hot enough (or heat them long enough).

I've been to 10 different tracks in 5 different states so far this year. Your track was fine to me Q. My car was good as long as I stayed in the groove. I was just posting what I heard others say in the pits. I'm sure most do not want to voice their opinions on here. So I did it for them. Just come constructive criticism is all. Nothing to be worried about. Remember, you ARE hosting the Roar Nats.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, that was some main Chris. Made for some interesting racing. And I'm sure it was fun to watch!

I ran Sorex 36r Speedmind premounts. I ran an old set I had been running at other tracks. I managed to crack into the 15's with them. I did put on a new set for the 3rd qualifier. But I didn't go any faster. I'm not sure if the track slowed down or what. Never tried 30's this weekend. I did try a set of Jaco Greens during practice. But it felt like the car was on the edge at times with those. But I don't remember if that was before or after my setup change before the qualifiers.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

You comng up in may chris no rp 30,i ran 1 set of 36 all day not bad
Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I was running the SMC 4000 pack. Charge was at 8amps. I was doing some heating. But I don't think I got them hot enough (or heat them long enough).

I've been to 10 different tracks in 5 different states so far this year. Your track was fine to me Q. My car was good as long as I stayed in the groove. I was just posting what I heard others say in the pits. I'm sure most do not want to voice their opinions on here. So I did it for them. Just come constructive criticism is all. Nothing to be worried about. Remember, you ARE hosting the Roar Nats.
I got ya.. I just get my hopes up that everything could some day be 100% perfect. Where did I lay that magic wand?!?

Its all good. You guys were great to race with.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I also ran 36's in main.. really settled car down..1st time all day I didn't waste a set of tires.... I should have run those all day...
Old 04-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, no prob Q. Sorry if it came off bad or whatever. I didn't mean it like that. Just trying to give ya some idea's. Yall did a great job of prepping the track after the heavy rain storm that came in the night before. It was alot of hard work. And I appreciate it. I just want you to have the best possible track for the Nats. So I wanted to post up some idea's. Once again, keep up the great work. See ya in June!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

My fastest run was on a 6 run set of JACO Blue's from last year . Those things get better with each run! I also borrowed a set of JACO blues mounted on the new wheels from Q and they felt awesome as well....even though they were a little worn from being on Q's plow last week!

EA
Old 04-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Regional Moderator

I will be spraying a wider line for future events when many out-of-towners are expected. Im guessing this would help new people to adjust to the layout even quicker.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
My fastest run was on a 6 run set of JACO Blue's from last year . Those things get better with each run! I also borrowed a set of JACO blues mounted on the new wheels from Q and they felt awesome as well....even though they were a little worn from being on Q's plow last week!

EA
Plow! Ouch, why you gotta hate on me?

No, actually you are dead on and I know it. Compared to this week, it was a plow when I ran that set. But this week I would have to call it a surgical tool!

I love this new 08! It is so easy to adjust and try stuff. I would recommend my current set-up, with total confidence, to even the highest level drivers. I was just amazed by the improvements.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Plow! Ouch, why you gotta hate on me?

No, actually you are dead on and I know it. Compared to this week, it was a plow when I ran that set. But this week I would have to call it a surgical tool!

I love this new 08! It is so easy to adjust and try stuff. I would recommend my current set-up, with total confidence, to even the highest level drivers. I was just amazed by the improvements.
Yeap your car was very good this week. Cant wait to get my 008! I think the 007 I drove was about the best rubber tire Ive driven! Cant wait to come back.

EA
Old 04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Old 04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I wanna see some pictures!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yeap your car was very good this week. Cant wait to get my 008! I think the 007 I drove was about the best rubber tire Ive driven! Cant wait to come back.

EA
Was that before or after you put shock oil in it??
Old 04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I wanna see some pictures!
Me too! Me too!

However, in defense of the track photographer "88crewcheif aka John" he has been a little busy today.

Hey John, what's your airplane doing in that tree?

Busted!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.