Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default new gps ?????

is this true ?????
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if your talking about the EPIC cells they're just regular GP's with EPIC's own shrinkwrap
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:59 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Post New GPs

Not referring to the EPICs, I am referring to the new higher volatge GPs.

Later
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:37 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Default Re: New GPs

Quote:
Originally posted by CRASH
Not referring to the EPICs, I am referring to the new higher volatge GPs.

Later
yep they are the dark red shrink wrap versions. check out www.rczone.net for info.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Default GP3300SP

Yes they are the new GP3300sp
They are punchier and have more power even better that my matched 3000HV's there is an SP at the bottom of the 3300
look at the picture!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gpsp.jpg (80.8 KB, 234 views)
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Great... Now I gotta buy 5 more packs
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #7
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These cells were new about 3 or 4 months ago. Don't be fooled by the shrink wrap. There are 4 or 5 different wraps on the same cells, just for different companies. I know that SMC has been selling these cells for the last few months and I would guess that Reedy and Trinity also have had them for the same ammount of time.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

hey,
my dad had a business mtg with a GP guy and he said that the GP's specialized for RC has an extra R at the end of the battery code or something...GP330SCHR...it's the R that's the key...doesn't seem like there are "new" GP's...unless if it takes a while to get to the states, and yeah these hav the darker color
davioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: New GPs

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yep they are the dark red shrink wrap versions. check out www.rczone.net for info.
Interesting, mine are the same green and orange shrink wrap GP use on all their other cells.

The only way you can really tell which are the second-generation ones is through the voltage. Anything 1.17 upwards is 2nd-gen
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Default GP3300sp

Well, its just too bad that over there (U.S.), you get stuff a bit late. Since were in ASIA, i guess we get things earlier.

According to our LHS, PITSHOP CAFE this are the 3rd generation of GP 3300 cells. The first ones were the yellow and green, 2nd ones were the ones beside the New ones that I posted.

The new generations with the SP mark, has been enhanced from the previous since the 2nd generation somehow fades away after a couple of charges. The new ones ROCKS after about 5 charges!!! And they seem to hold up preety well.

Here in P.I. the 2nd Generation of GP 3300's are phased out already and only the ones with the SP mark are being produced.

Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right, but that's what I know.

Peace to all!!! my Eagle ZAP GP3300sp has so much power that I could drive mod for 8mins, as long as my 1/12th and in the 1/12 they can run about 10-12 minutes!

Hope you get a pack soon so you will know what I mean!! Remember they rock after a few charges!!!!!

Hey racers from P.I back me up here!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Default GP3300sp

PS: the average voltage of my new packs are about 1.275!!!!
well they are still new!! I've seen some packs go over 1.3!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:54 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Did you guys know that GP (gold peak) is a company based in Hong Kong and are mostly manufactured in China? Everything is made in China nowadays. I think they are beating on the doors of Japanese manufacturing.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:52 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

HIgh Voltage GP cells (1.17++) are not a special cell. They just represent the highest voltage cells in a batch. The EPic/SP cells are nothing more than a handpicked selection. Like USDA Prime in a steak!!!

GP cells are just improving month after month due to the fact that GP is a Technology driven business. This company sells batteries that have telemetry, on board temp guages. Dont think for a second RC racing is GP's biggest market nor its most techno-infused!! We just want voltage!!! They want our business-for sure-but were small potatoes in the whole scheme of things.

Okay-back to the "new-not new" cell. A matcher like Danny (SMC) does say (I am guessing ) 75 to 100 cases per month is goiing to get a much larger pool of 1.7 and up cells by nature of his order volume. When you hear about your buddy who matches 2-cases a month only getting 10 to 20 1.17 and 1.18 cells is right on the money. Danny will get a 1000 of them per month out of his "NORMAL" cases of cells. A 1000 cells makes 166.6 six cell packs.

The Epic/SP cell is a just a short cut to getting right to the top shelf, but you will pay a premium for them. As much as 25% more.

For a small matcher -thats a great as long as his customers are willing to pay $10 or $20 more for a pack. I dont doubt Danny, Pro-Match, etc. will buy them too-but they will get just as good a cell in every case they open.

And last-a matcher needs uniform shrink wrap to ease matching cells into packs. A pack with green and yellow labels and two drk red would look like crap!! Its all hype and in the end-not neccasrily a good thing for everone.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Of course, as we've learned more recently, the whole deal with GP cells having different shrink wrap is just dependent on who brings them into the US. If it's from Yokomo, the cells have that blue shrink, if it's through Trinity, you get the red/dark green shrink(& now also the new EPIC stuff), & direct from GP it's the orange/light green shrink. Has nothing to do with how good the cells are, just who brought them in.....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:36 PM   #15
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

A little birdy has told me that Trinity is gettting a new line straight from GP that has a huge differance and will be exclusive to Trinity.... anyone else heard about this..?

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote