Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS

ok here is my problem. I just made the lipo switch. I purchased a trakpower 4900 2 cell 25c (ROAR legal) and a imax b5 lipo balance/charger. the lipo balance uses a 2mm banana plug and then you run the + and - into the charging leads to balance. I got that figured out the problem i'm having is finding out what type and where to buy the plug that goes to the charger. in the pic it is top left slot (for 2 cell) and the second pic is of a soft pack lipo that i found online that I believe has the correct type of plug. the reason i think this is it is because when i researched this charger i found that many rc aviators use this charger and the b6 version which has a built in discharge and their batts plug right in. any help would be great. post on here in case someone else happens to run across this same problem.
Attached Thumbnails LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS-p1020536.jpg   LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS-lipo-plug.jpg  
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Just find an extra balance harness for 2 cell. And make one with 2mm banana plugs.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS-imax.jpg   LIPO WHAT KIND OF PLUF IS THIS-balancinginstr.jpg  
Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Plug looks like a JST-XH. May also be called Align/equinox/hextronik/electrifly.
Can get adapters for some connector types, like this
You will want a male JST to female trakpower adapter. If you can't find one you could make one using this, just make sure you wire it correctly.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Or if your lazy like me

TrakPower makes the V balancer which has the right connectors... But if you have a normal balancer, then def make it, looks nice and easy
Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

this may help ya out, ( i too am new to lip, i am pretty sure that the white plug on the battery will only plug into one slot on the charger) as for the power you can make you own with this http://nexusracing.com/product_info....oducts_id=1394

and a set of Bananna Plugs