Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mi3 -vs- TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mi3 -vs- TC5

Im trying to choose from these two cars. The TC5 is a factory team kit vs Mi3. I looked at the XRay cars, but 500 bucks isnt going to happen.....I paid that for a 1/8 scale buggy....and the Losi JRXS Type R looks cheap...and with Losi stuff its usually cheaply made, with issues.

What are the pro's and con's for each kit (TC5 - Mi3) and which will have the most upgrades already included.

thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

tc5 parts are cheaper and easier to get
Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't know you from adam Darth but thats saying a hell of a lot of negative against a car you seem to have never built or driven
Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ...

haha darth is oviously right about losi thats why nobody buys their stuff.

but its his opinion and both cars seem good so obviously the answer is the one you wll find easiest to live with in your area in terms of maintenance, parts availability, other drivers who own them near you...

edit: I'm getting a jrxs type r if I can by he way.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TC5 is cheaper, and yes, probably easier to find parts @ your local hobby shop...however, Mi3 is a better quality car from my experience, including those who raced with me at our local track that changed from TC5 to Mi3.

Mi3 thread here has the probably the best support here (if not more then Xray)....you have question, they have answer for you (most of the time, more then 1 answers..)

I am sure both cars are just as fast.....but I think the carbon, alloy and the plastic combination of Mi3 looks a lot better then TC5.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Both a really good cars. The MI3 is tougher and stronger due to better quality parts...but Schumacher MI3 parts are probably the most expensive parts.

TC5 set of arms is around= $5.50
Mi3 Set of arms is around= $14.00

TC5 steering knuckles set= $6.50
MI3 steering knuckles set= $11

TC5 Caster blocks set= $6.00
MI3 Cater block set= $11.00

We can go on and on...

MI3 parts are almost twice as much as TC5 parts. But the TC5 parts will break and need replacement more often. MI3 parts are very good, durable, and very strong. In the event of a good crash, you will most likely than not 4/5 times walk away from the crash finish your race with an MI3...while in a similar crash, 3/5 times you will have to end your race due to the TC5 breaking.

MI3 is the way to go...great support, and the car is soooooooo much easier to work on than any other car.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

for an everyday guy go for TC5, for a guy already own a ferrari go Mi3, for the rest of guys are headaches.

TC5, Mi3 one is good for everyday ride, the other is good looking at the display room.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Both a really good cars. The MI3 is tougher and stronger due to better quality parts...but Schumacher MI3 parts are probably the most expensive parts.

TC5 set of arms is around= $5.50
Mi3 Set of arms is around= $14.00

TC5 steering knuckles set= $6.50
MI3 steering knuckles set= $11

TC5 Caster blocks set= $6.00
MI3 Cater block set= $11.00

We can go on and on...

MI3 parts are almost twice as much as TC5 parts. But the TC5 parts will break and need replacement more often. MI3 parts are very good, durable, and very strong. In the event of a good crash, you will most likely than not 4/5 times walk away from the crash finish your race with an MI3...while in a similar crash, 3/5 times you will have to end your race due to the TC5 breaking.

MI3 is the way to go...great support, and the car is soooooooo much easier to work on than any other car.
I had soo many cars is not even funny , I have sold my MI3's a few times before (3 times) to get other brands to try out and I have always gone back to the MI3 MI3 is a strong and reliable car , parts may cost more but like Yohan stated you will break parts less than the TC5.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have ran the mi3 it is a good car,and the tc5 as far as the parts breakage blah,blah hit the wall hard enough you can break anything,it will be hard to get a unbiased opinion look at the signatures,the tc5 is as competitive as anything else get what works best for you,ease of parts,set-ups etc
Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I don't know you from adam Darth but thats saying a hell of a lot of negative against a car you seem to have never built or driven
knowing I have a XXXS graphite that I have built. Owning a HPI RS3 Pro, a TC3, I can say that Losi might be a popular car, but it seems to get the most out your money you need at least another couple a big bills of after market parts to make it worthy. I looked at the XRay cars for just that reason, but since my local hobby dealer doesn't stock "any" TC parts......its up to the net for me to pick.

Xray cars are just super pricey, and should be for a tag of 500+

AE stuff has been a mixed bag, I loved my TC3 just wish I never sold it......but the parts were easily to come by, and it was a tank if you brushed a board the "wrong" way.

Schumacher I haven't had the chance to deal with, and from all the images, reviews I have seen. It looks like a nice car for the price......good value for after market parts included.

HPI and Hot Bodies wasn't a factor as I consider them very low end.(again my opinion)

As for Losi...they have bad habits of putting something out there that wasnt designed properly, and it has issues...look at the Eight, Ive seen a bunch of them with horrible sloppy drive train, and suspension right out of the box. Anyways.....Ive owed XXXTMF1, XXXCR, XXXS-G, XXX4-G, and I currently have a XXXMF2, and a XXX4 "G4" in the box unassembled. So I can honestly say I do know a thing or two about losi to make such a negative statement.....but then, its just my 2 cents.

Im loving the Mission Mi-3 since its claiming to be LiPO compatible, and I dont know for sure if the AE TC5 is or not. Im almost going out on a limb and will say its going to come down to what I can find price wise, when I do it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the help thus far :P
Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

All the fast guys down here in Aus seem to be selling up there TC5's and buying the MI3.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mi-3 and TC-5 are both good cars.

I think you have to ask yourself whether or not you want to order your parts and wait for them or be able to go to a hobby shop and get them off the shelf. I have an Mi-3 and am probably gonna sell it just because I dont like having to order a store of parts to have just in case something happens. THe TC-5 parts are pretty much off the shelf at almost any hobby store. The convienance part is a big deal to me when most cars (at my level) are about the same.

A bit of warning on the TC-5, I knew 2 people that got rid of theirs, a third one is going to shortly, due to the wheel bearings being too small. They literally go through bearings all the time. You may want to do some research for yourself to see if others are having the same problem but I heard that is the TC-5 achilles heel.

Good luck
Old 04-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Mi-3 and TC-5 are both good cars.

I think you have to ask yourself whether or not you want to order your parts and wait for them or be able to go to a hobby shop and get them off the shelf. I have an Mi-3 and am probably gonna sell it just because I dont like having to order a store of parts to have just in case something happens. THe TC-5 parts are pretty much off the shelf at almost any hobby store. The convienance part is a big deal to me when most cars (at my level) are about the same.

A bit of warning on the TC-5, I knew 2 people that got rid of theirs, a third one is going to shortly, due to the wheel bearings being too small. They literally go through bearings all the time. You may want to do some research for yourself to see if others are having the same problem but I heard that is the TC-5 achilles heel.

Good luck

Awesome, thanks for the heads up
Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

find a used corally phi eu kit it will be a lot better than all that junk you guys are talking about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.