R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats mi3? i searched on youtube and it gave me mission impossible 3 trailer?
bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #32
Tech Addict

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/produ...ecnumber=47312
Old 04-05-2008, 03:14 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Smoke View Post

HPI and Hot Bodies wasn't a factor as I consider them very low end.(again my opinion)
talk about narrow minded. My opinion is that your opinion is stupid. The JRXS-R is actually very good. I drive a cyclone and my friend has the type-r. Hes broken a c-hub ONCE and i havnt broken at all. They are both good if not GREAT cars. But hey, its your money.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
talk about narrow minded. My opinion is that your opinion is stupid. The JRXS-R is actually very good. I drive a cyclone and my friend has the type-r. Hes broken a c-hub ONCE and i havnt broken at all. They are both good if not GREAT cars. But hey, its your money.

You are right, actually its hard to buy a bad car as long as you stick to major players (Schumacher, AE, Losi, HB, Tamiya, Xray, Corally).
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #35
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew07 View Post
Well i guess the real question is, Do you want to race or just play? Both cars are good cars. I would'nt mind haveing a TC5 to play with in a parking lot.
Lame azz comment.

We had some very close racing between a Mi3 and a TC5 last night in outlaw mod rubber. Both drivers are very good and the cars were close. The TC5 driver hasn't had his car together near as long, yet TQ'ed and carried the fast lap of 12.2 (IIRC)...the mi3 won the main.

Point being neither cars or drivers looked to be playing.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Getting an honest, informed opinion in R/C is very difficult. See, half the people don't know sh*t, and the other half that do are either sponsored by some company, or work for them, so there's a strong chance they're going to be biased.

Adrian got it right. It's hard to buy a bad car with any of those brands mentioned. Each one might have a quirk here or there, but in the end, they're all fine cars in the right hands. People should be more worried about becoming the "right hands" than they are about trying to buy some advantage. It just doesn't work that way.

Find the car that's right for you. Parts availability, price, team/company support, quality, using batteries/motors of your choice, etc. Those are the things that matter. You'll never get definitive answer about which one is better on the track, because every dog has its day in R/C racing. They're all that close.

Last edited by syndr0me; 04-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Getting an honest, informed opinion in R/C is very difficult. See, half the people don't know sh*t, and the other half that do are either sponsored by some company, or work for them, so there's a strong change they're going to be biased.

Adrian got it right. It's hard to buy a bad car with any of those brands mentioned. Each one might have a quirk here or there, but in the end, they're all fine cars in the right hands. People should be more worried about becoming the "right hands" than they are about trying to buy some advantage. It just doesn't work that way.

Find the car that's right for you. Parts availability, price, team/company support, quality, using batteries/motors of your choice, etc. Those are the things that matter. You'll never get definitive answer about which one is better on the track, because every dog has its day in R/C racing. They're all that close.
Now that is the truth. There are so many cars out there that are capable of winning on any day in the rite hands. Just remember that none of the cars you buy come with a race win garuntee, it is up to the driver to get it there. I myself favor the Mi3 because that is who I run for, but I also have won several races with other brands as well. I guess the thing to do is find out your driving style weather it be smooth, aggressive, or something else and try to find the car that suits you the best. Unfortunetaly you probably will not find the right car on the first shot, but then again you might. Good luck on your quest.

TEAM LOSI/NOVA ROSSI/J-CONCEPTS/FRANCHIZE DEZIGNS/PROLINE/WERKS/FD WRAPS/AIRTRONICS/OS/AKA
drew07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Getting an honest, informed opinion in R/C is very difficult. See, half the people don't know sh*t, and the other half that do are either sponsored by some company, or work for them, so there's a strong change they're going to be biased.

I second that, it's more about setting the car up to your liking than anything else these days. And of course being a decent driver...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Personally I have never understood the car of the month mentality as far as the cars ability to get around a track goes. The main reason i got the TC5 is parts support and price. That is what i think is one of the most important factors. I do wish there were a few things different as far as working on the car but its nothing that would make me buy a different car. The Mi3 has some really cool ideas, especially when it comes to working on it. But there is only one shop within 50 miles of me that stocks parts. The cars are so tunable now i would think you could put any of the top cars in a "A" main drivers hands and give them a little bit and the lap times will be very close.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i have a tc5. i upgraded from hpi pro4 and i love the tc5. the stock setup is good for asphalt, its fast, and handles great right out of the box. i would go with the tc5. also i know a guy that runs for schumacher and he has mi3 and he is really liking my tc5 but is happy with his mi 3
TeckLancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Lame azz comment.

We had some very close racing between a Mi3 and a TC5 last night in outlaw mod rubber. Both drivers are very good and the cars were close. The TC5 driver hasn't had his car together near as long, yet TQ'ed and carried the fast lap of 12.2 (IIRC)...the mi3 won the main.

Point being neither cars or drivers looked to be playing.
ah yes, very good race indeed, one thing to know, my Mi3 has a asphalt setup on it, and jeff has a carpet setup.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

I was trying to decide between an Xray 007,008, Corally Phi, TC5 and Serpent S400. An Xray driver told me to get the TC5. I could leave the "story" at that, but there were many factors, and the biggest was price. I spend the majority of my RC time with 8th offroad. For price vs performance, the TC5 came out at the top of MY list, and the TC5 has proven to be a top contender at the regional and national level. No regrets here.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote