R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Arrow Turbo 35 BL vs. Turbo BL stealth?

guys, need ur info on these two chargers.
Some questions that come to mind are:
1) What bugs did u experience while using them? 2)
2) What's the difference between them?
3) Are there software versions? If so, whats the latest for both?
4) Are they worth the money I have to shell out?
5) I read in some threads that you can update the software in them, how do you upgrade?

I'm considering purchasing a used Turbo 35 BL so I need to garner as much info as I could, the CE website gives a fairly vague description (no pun intended) so any help from u guys would be highly appreciated. tanx
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default Re: Turbo 35 BL vs. Turbo BL stealth?

Quote:
Originally posted by evaa
guys, need ur info on these two chargers.
Some questions that come to mind are:
1) What bugs did u experience while using them? 2)
2) What's the difference between them?
3) Are there software versions? If so, whats the latest for both?
4) Are they worth the money I have to shell out?
5) I read in some threads that you can update the software in them, how do you upgrade?

I'm considering purchasing a used Turbo 35 BL so I need to garner as much info as I could, the CE website gives a fairly vague description (no pun intended) so any help from u guys would be highly appreciated. tanx

I own the T-35 Stealth
1) None.
2) Mostly software. Explaination below.
3) I don't know the current numbers, but the Stealth is the latest software. I don't beleive they had more that one version on the stealth.
4) I feel like mine was money well spent.
5) You must send it to CE. The T-35BL is upgradeable to Stealth specs.

The main upgrade from the BL to Stealth was the software. They changed a small bug that only showed itself while cycling high voltage nimh cells. You could either send it to CE to be upgraded, or set the discharge to a 7 cell discharge. What would happen, is the pack's voltage would be very high right off the charge, and would would receive a ''voltage too high'' error when the cycle went to discharge.

You would not have this error after the pack sat around, cooled, and voltage leveled off, or after you ran the car and lowered the voltage. It would only arise right after charging, or during cycling.

They also removed the connectors off the output wires, which would sometimes melt together during high drain discharges. I think some of the later BL's didn't come with connectors either ( don't quote me on that though ).

The output wires were also upgraded to a softer silicone wire, from GS Racing.

Hope that helps.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

1) NONE
2) Color of the case
3) Both use the same software version(first run BL and normal T35 had older software that was upgraded through an eprom swap)
4) Yes great investment if you plan to race and stay in this hobby
5) When needed the eprom pops out by hand and you slip in the new one. You wont need to do it.

The bug during cycling was fixed with switching to 7cell cylcing on a 6cell pack. It would say VOLTS TOO HIGH when it was supposed to discharge in a cycle. I Called CE and they sent me a new eprom for self installation for my original TURBO 35. My TURBO 35BL has the latest software and did not need upgrading.

The latest versio is:

PS: Your question should be T35 vs T35GFX? Now thats a whole different question as the GFX rocks!