pan car gear ratio >

pan car gear ratio

pan car gear ratio

Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pan car gear ratio

hi all;

i'm doing the research for my custom pan car (actually its a direct drive touring car but the principle is the same).

it's goint to be running a silver can (well, a 27t HPI saturn. bits box ftw ) but will a gear ratio of 2.9 be pushing it? its going to weigh less than 1000g (hopefully!) when finished, but i do have my doubts.

still, 45mph on the school tennis courts could be fun

if thats pushing it, what should i aim for? or should i scrap the silver can and shove a stock/19t in it?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

hello mate,

How many cells are you going to be running 4/5/6 or is it going to be lipo?
With pan cars we use mm/rev so for eg. on a large flowing track 4 cell 12th pan car weighing around 900g i run a 19t CP Money motor at 54mm per rev and its pretty quick.. With a silver can / 27t i have absolutely no idea of the mm/rev.

steve
Old 04-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bs6ef
hello mate,

How many cells are you going to be running 4/5/6 or is it going to be lipo?
With pan cars we use mm/rev so for eg. on a large flowing track 4 cell 12th pan car weighing around 900g i run a 19t CP Money motor at 54mm per rev and its pretty quick.. With a silver can / 27t i have absolutely no idea of the mm/rev.

steve
ok, well i'm going to use 6 cell, maybe a 2s lipo if i ever get round to buying a decent charger....

working it out in my head i think you're on almost a 1:1 ratio there depending on your tyre diameter (i'm probably wrong though), so i'll see where a ratio of about 3:1 takes me with a low torque motor like a silver can. 3:1 is a top speed of 40mph anyway, so i'm happy.