R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #1381
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Okay, hopefully this is my last dumb question.

Are we allowed to use our transmitter in the pits if it's 2.4Ghz? Shane, does your store stock the DSC cable for a 3PK? :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #1382
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi guys, glad everyone is getting excited about the event. Things are ready to roll and the trailer is getting all packed. T shirts looked DIALED as always from the one and only Dusty Kemp!

Moose. We will be checking weight, ride heights and wing must be no higher than the roof. Rear of body needs to follow the body lines and must include the rear bumper. Plus the above mentioned lipo rules posted by JT.

For those of you that do not know, Jamie Tennies is my lead tech official and will be in charge of all aspects of tech.

As we have learned over the past couple of years, moving hotels will offer some unique obstacles we will need to be prepared for. The one that you can be prepared for is power. We have given detailed examples of what we will need for the electricity for the pits, but you guys should be prepared by bringing short extension cords and power strips. Learning from the past, there is now way we can get outlet boxes at each pit space, so you will need a bit of extension to reach some of them. So be prepared by bringing a short extension cord and a power strip.

Boomer and I are working on finalizing the entries and adding the entries we have received over the past couple of day, once this process is done, then I will be able to sit down and start working on a time table.

Registration will open Monday at Noon at the main registration counter to the left of the business center. It will be open from Noon to 6pm. It will be open Tuesday starting at 8am, so if you are not arriving until then, it is no problem also to anyone that is arriving Wednesday, you will also be able to check in then.

Really looking forward to another great year and we all look forward to another great IIC.

We have something else in the works for Wednesday night, so stay tuned, it is going to be fun.

Thanks to everyone,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #1383
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
We have something else in the works for Wednesday night, so stay tuned, it is going to be fun.
I hope it involves showgirls....just not the ones from La Cage.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #1384
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
With that said this year the IIC will allow the warming of lipo’s with a heating pad type device or equal too.

The max temp for the Lipo’s will be 110 degree’s this temp will be checked in pre tech

The max voltage will still be 8.44 volts that will also be checked in the pre tech area

It is still up to you guys to make the right decision when charging and discharging this new technology. one extra tenth of a volt will not win the IIC but one fire might end it

see you guys in a week
JT
Great call per my understanding of lipos...Many thanks guys!

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #1385
Tech Master

Hello again,

We will follow the same procedures we follow at all our events. We do not have a radio inpound. There will be no radios allowed on in the pits even if you are on 2.4mhz. All radios must remain off. If you need to make an adjustment, you need to bring your radio and car to tech inspection and clear your channel with them and do your adjustments in the designated area in the tech area. It will not be long before all radios are running 2.4mhz and this will not even be an issue, but to keep things as fair and even as possible this is the procedure we will follow.

STILLBILL: Thanks for your support always,

I will post more tomorrow. time to get some sleep.
Scotty
Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #1386
Tech Champion

Awwwwwwwwwwwww shucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #1387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

everything happens when my wife is there! if you beat them more you could do what you want .
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #1388
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
everything happens when my wife is there! if you beat them more you could do what you want .
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y !!!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #1389
Tech Master

Howdy Race Fans!

Both Skuba and Myself will be attending to assist and participate in this years IIC and are Chomping at the bit for some fast and furious carpet racing action.

I'll have a handful of our Novak Sentry Data Loggers with me, so if anyone is interested in doing some hands on testing, with an official Novak Techno Geek by your side, please email me directly: [email protected] with your contact information as well as what classes you'll be racing in the IIC.

We'd like you to run the logger in practice and during racing, and will be going over the data with you after your runs, or during down time. You'll be able to store your entire day and review in the evening, or you can check it out after each run. We'll gladly install the software on your personal laptop so that you can review your data over dinner.

Please email me directly if your interested, [email protected]

Thanks Guys
Charlie
Old 08-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #1390
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will amateur's be within the rules if they participate in the Novak testing?
Syxxstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #1391
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to voodoochild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Howdy Race Fans!

Both Skuba and Myself will be attending to assist and participate in this years IIC and are Chomping at the bit for some fast and furious carpet racing action.

I'll have a handful of our Novak Sentry Data Loggers with me, so if anyone is interested in doing some hands on testing, with an official Novak Techno Geek by your side, please email me directly: [email protected] with your contact information as well as what classes you'll be racing in the IIC.

We'd like you to run the logger in practice and during racing, and will be going over the data with you after your runs, or during down time. You'll be able to store your entire day and review in the evening, or you can check it out after each run. We'll gladly install the software on your personal laptop so that you can review your data over dinner.

Please email me directly if your interested, [email protected]

Thanks Guys
Charlie
The Novak thread is located on page two of RC Tech
Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #1392
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Relax, NoVak and Earnst productions go together like Vegas and Poker.
If they do ask you to run their sensor system, that does not mean you are sponsored, and the product is available to anyone.

This time next week I’ll be looking to setup my pit station……. !

Speaking of which......... do we need to request specific pitting?

Last edited by The Bear; 08-19-2008 at 10:35 PM.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #1393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Charlie, does the data loggers only work with Novak speedos? If they work with any speedo I may be interested in participating in your little study.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #1394
Tech Master

Charlie, Good to see you and Steve will be able to race and support this event. One favor though, please remember to bring a Skuba Muzzle.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #1395
Tech Master

Thats right guys,

A week from now, we will have the track set up and you guys will be able to set up your pit spaces.

If you guys are pitting with one of the sponsors, please contact them and have them add you to the list of designated pit spaces.

And it would not be a proper IIC with out the antics of Charlie and Skuba, They will again be there to assist you guys with Novak products.

AS well as all the motor handout companies.
Orion will have Joe Pillars there to help anyone who needs it.
Speedpassion will have Adam from Schumacher there.
LRP will have Rick Howart and Sean Cochran to assist. Not sure if Reto is coming but if he is there, he will be the man.
Hacker will have Kyle Bergstrom there to assist.

The IIC Trailer rolls out tomorrow for the trek to Strip and we all leave Saturday to prepare things there.

SYXXSTRING: you will be allowed to do testing for Novak if you are chosen for the program.

Look forward to seeing everyone next week.

Thanks,
Scotty