Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

are there gonna be triple A mains or just single
Old 07-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #932
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Hey Scotty and Boomer, I was just sitting here reading and I got this wicked awesome thought (I dont know if youve already thought of it, wouldnt be surprised if you did) Have you guys ever done a radio commercial for the IIC and broadcast it in Vegas or some of the RC hotbeds (no pun ontended I kow its gonna be a scorcher there that weekend) or even put it out on the INTCHAMPS website? I thought that would be an interesting way to get the word out to people beyond the guys here on the message board. I have done some radio voiceover work and could certainly put one together for you if you wanted to do that for 2009
Scotty aka........."THE VELVET TONGUE"..............would definitely do his own voice over.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H View Post
Scotty aka........."THE VELVET TONGUE"..............would definitely do his own voice over.
Well I thought Id at least offer to help...Im sure he would do a fine job if he did voice it himself
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #934
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Josh, "velvet Tongue" was Scotty's old nick name back in the day when he worked the 1-900#'s..... NOT appropriate for this thread....

Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #935
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi everyone,

We have been busy continuing getting things ready and we are all so excited to make the trip to sin city for another great IIC. I would like to cover a couple of questions that I have been getting regarding bodies.

When I made the announcement regarding light weight bodies I should have used different words regarding them. The bodies I was referring to was the ultra light weight bodies that the foam tire racers have been using.

Normal lightweight bodies that are sold as such are fine and we will allow them in the Rubber tire classes.
I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused with this information.

TIRES TIRES TIRES.

I would like to announce what tire tire will be for this years IIC. With the tire world in a state of chaos over the past couple of months. we have had to wait to see how everything was going to pan out. Well we have been doing a lot of testing during this time and Jack from Jaco has come up with what I think is his best tire yet.

For the 2008 IIC. we will be using the Jaco Rubberz BLUE compound tire. We have done extensive testing and this new Blue compound tires is great! we have run it with both 13.5 and Modified and it has held up great and gives plenty of traction. The new tire will be on the new Prism wheel and will make for a great spec tire for this years event. You should be able to get these tires soon from your local hobbyshops and of course we will have them for sale at the event.

We are getting close to our hotel room block release date and would like to remind everyone that if you have not reserved your hotel room yet, now is the time. The hotel has just remodeled many of their rooms and our block will be in the new area of the hotel. I have seen the rooms and they are great!

We still have a few open spots so if you know of anyone that is wanting to get into the IIC, please have them email me at [email protected] and we will take care of them.

As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks
Scotty " Velvet Tongue" Thanks Josh, I will never here the end of this.
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #936
Tech Elite

at nats, we had to bring the unopened tires to tech. will that be the case here as well?
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #937
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
at nats, we had to bring the unopened tires to tech. will that be the case here as well?
No, because when you buy your tires here for racing they will be tagged with your name and class on a lable. They are more or less teched when you buy them. They are not even packaged. So if you are running two classes you can't mix your tires from one class into another one. If you run just one car you still have to switch them out for each class.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #938
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEWITT View Post
are there gonna be triple A mains or just single
There were no triple A's before so I doubt there will be any this year.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #939
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

Is .020 normal light weight or is .030 normal lightweight??
Old 07-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #940
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

normal wieght is .030 and the lightwieght protoforms are .025 I believe. The .020 would be ultra lightwieght...
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #941
Tech Elite

so we have to buy the tires there as well? why the rule that you cannot run the same tires in 2 classes? just curious? sorry if i am naive, but i just do not want to show up and be the village idiot.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
so we have to buy the tires there as well? why the rule that you cannot run the same tires in 2 classes? just curious? sorry if i am naive, but i just do not want to show up and be the village idiot.
If they let you run the same tires in both classes, you could buy the max amount of tires for each class and run all of them in one class. This would give you an advantage over someone who's just running one rubber class and only has 1 classes worth of tires.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #943
Tech Elite

Mario, just leave your tires and motors at home, unless you are running a foam class. Handout motors are included in the registration, rubber tires you buy there. That is the way it has always been at IIC.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #944
Tech Elite

makes sense to me.

will i get thrown out if i pass out naked on the straight during an alcohol induced bi-polar episode?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #945
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No, but you have to pass out from doing jumping jacks first....