R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
That was my reasoning for 17.5...

I'm not a sponsored driver so I fit, I'm not that good of a driver when I am on the track and I sure as heck don't wanna be the guy that gets in some factory drivers way and the rest of the week "I'm that guy" who hacked some wheel
I was just messing with yah. I by no means am a factory driver either but I do get some help from a couple of places, so that is why I am not running 17.5. We all have to start somewhere. Just go there and have fun with it.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #842
Tech Master

Quote:
That was my reasoning for 17.5...

I'm not a sponsored driver so I fit, I'm not that good of a driver when I am on the track and I sure as heck don't wanna be the guy that gets in some factory drivers way and the rest of the week "I'm that guy" who hacked some wheel
I don't know you yet so I don't want to start a fight over this.
You are probably the guy on the bubble. Too bad to be a "sponsored" driver but work for a manufactor. We'll leave this to the race directors to decide but.... skill level or not, do you get a discount on parts? I was under the impression that the 17.5 rubber qualification was sponsorship not skill level. Maybe we should just make you wear a Team Associated or Team X-ray shirt. Now if you run a TC5 then nobody would question you
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #843
Tech Initiate

Boomer, If we cannot make it, is our entry fee refundable?
Boom RC
chodaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #844
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well I look at it this way, I'm not any different than a Horizon Hobby warehouse guy that runs a Losi. I wouldn't assume he's a sponsored driver cause he works for the warehouse he just runs the TC thats easiest for him to get.

I'm not gonna be the dude that wants to get in a fight with anyone either, but you have to look at it from that standpoint, I'm just a front office guy, not a team driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
I don't know you yet so I don't want to start a fight over this.
You are probably the guy on the bubble. Too bad to be a "sponsored" driver but work for a manufactor. We'll leave this to the race directors to decide but.... skill level or not, do you get a discount on parts? I was under the impression that the 17.5 rubber qualification was sponsorship not skill level. Maybe we should just make you wear a Team Associated or Team X-ray shirt. Now if you run a TC5 then nobody would question you
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The nice thing is that Scotty and Boomer will be running this race. So if some quasi sponsored driver lights up the amature class,,,, I'm sure they'll have to answer some questions. relax,,, we play hobby car!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #846
Tech Champion

good point dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
The nice thing is that Scotty and Boomer will be running this race. So if some quasi sponsored driver lights up the amature class,,,, I'm sure they'll have to answer some questions. relax,,, we play hobby car!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #847
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well I look at it this way, I'm not any different than a Horizon Hobby warehouse guy that runs a Losi. I wouldn't assume he's a sponsored driver cause he works for the warehouse he just runs the TC thats easiest for him to get.

I'm not gonna be the dude that wants to get in a fight with anyone either, but you have to look at it from that standpoint, I'm just a front office guy, not a team driver
Adam, if you want I have 3 Type R's, you want me to bring one along for you to run in that class? I think some people are making more of this then what it is. That was one reason I did not even attempt to enter that class. There are some grey areas with this and Scotty will be the one who has to determine what is right.

Just because Adam works for them does not make him a good driver or even sponsered. I am sure he can get a deal on a Schumacher, but does that make him sponsered, no, he is just an employee and gets an employee discount. I guess we will see how it turns out when we get there.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #848
Tech Champion

+1

now have fun gluing me to the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Adam, if you want I have 3 Type R's, you want me to bring one along for you to run in that class? I think some people are making more of this then what it is. That was one reason I did not even attempt to enter that class. There are some grey areas with this and Scotty will be the one who has to determine what is right.

Just because Adam works for them does not make him a good driver or even sponsered. I am sure he can get a deal on a Schumacher, but does that make him sponsered, no, he is just an employee and gets an employee discount. I guess we will see how it turns out when we get there.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #849
Tech Master

if only Jake Pritchard was going.... boy is like Wild Bill with Ca and Kicker, or some sort of glue ninja. I got reports that he glued my car under the table in 1 motion and in under 2 seconds.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #850
Tech Adept

Anyone else getting the Vegas itch. $$$$
Old 06-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #851
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Spec tires?

Does anybody know what Jaco rubber tires were used in sedan last year?
Do you think they'll use the same tires this year.I would like to buy a set and try to find a good setup for carpet if possible. Also, what foam in 1/10 sedan was used?
Thanks in advance!

Max
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #852
Tech Champion

I think they're gonna use Jaco greens again????

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Does anybody know what Jaco rubber tires were used in sedan last year?
Do you think they'll use the same tires this year.I would like to buy a set and try to find a good setup for carpet if possible. Also, what foam in 1/10 sedan was used?
Thanks in advance!

Max
Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #853
Tech Elite

It was Jaco greens last year but since they are doing them defferently now then the ones we had, hard to say what they may be using. Foams were the usual Dbl Pink or Magenta.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #854
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Boomer, did you get my email this weekend?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #855
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter73 View Post
Anyone else getting the Vegas itch. $$$$
*twitch* nope, not at *twitch* all. No problem *twitch* waiting the *twitch* 56 days till the *twitch* IIC.