R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #841
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
That was my reasoning for 17.5...

I'm not a sponsored driver so I fit, I'm not that good of a driver when I am on the track and I sure as heck don't wanna be the guy that gets in some factory drivers way and the rest of the week "I'm that guy" who hacked some wheel
I was just messing with yah. I by no means am a factory driver either but I do get some help from a couple of places, so that is why I am not running 17.5. We all have to start somewhere. Just go there and have fun with it.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #842
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
That was my reasoning for 17.5...

I'm not a sponsored driver so I fit, I'm not that good of a driver when I am on the track and I sure as heck don't wanna be the guy that gets in some factory drivers way and the rest of the week "I'm that guy" who hacked some wheel
I don't know you yet so I don't want to start a fight over this.
You are probably the guy on the bubble. Too bad to be a "sponsored" driver but work for a manufactor. We'll leave this to the race directors to decide but.... skill level or not, do you get a discount on parts? I was under the impression that the 17.5 rubber qualification was sponsorship not skill level. Maybe we should just make you wear a Team Associated or Team X-ray shirt. Now if you run a TC5 then nobody would question you
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #843
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Boomer, If we cannot make it, is our entry fee refundable?
__________________
X Ray X12'16
X Ray X12'17
Paint by Mikey
Boom RC
chodaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #844
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Well I look at it this way, I'm not any different than a Horizon Hobby warehouse guy that runs a Losi. I wouldn't assume he's a sponsored driver cause he works for the warehouse he just runs the TC thats easiest for him to get.

I'm not gonna be the dude that wants to get in a fight with anyone either, but you have to look at it from that standpoint, I'm just a front office guy, not a team driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
I don't know you yet so I don't want to start a fight over this.
You are probably the guy on the bubble. Too bad to be a "sponsored" driver but work for a manufactor. We'll leave this to the race directors to decide but.... skill level or not, do you get a discount on parts? I was under the impression that the 17.5 rubber qualification was sponsorship not skill level. Maybe we should just make you wear a Team Associated or Team X-ray shirt. Now if you run a TC5 then nobody would question you
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #845
Tech Master
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The nice thing is that Scotty and Boomer will be running this race. So if some quasi sponsored driver lights up the amature class,,,, I'm sure they'll have to answer some questions. relax,,, we play hobby car!
__________________
Sponsors for 2013 - NoVak / Team Scream / liquidrc.com
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #846
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

good point dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
The nice thing is that Scotty and Boomer will be running this race. So if some quasi sponsored driver lights up the amature class,,,, I'm sure they'll have to answer some questions. relax,,, we play hobby car!
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #847
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Well I look at it this way, I'm not any different than a Horizon Hobby warehouse guy that runs a Losi. I wouldn't assume he's a sponsored driver cause he works for the warehouse he just runs the TC thats easiest for him to get.

I'm not gonna be the dude that wants to get in a fight with anyone either, but you have to look at it from that standpoint, I'm just a front office guy, not a team driver
Adam, if you want I have 3 Type R's, you want me to bring one along for you to run in that class? I think some people are making more of this then what it is. That was one reason I did not even attempt to enter that class. There are some grey areas with this and Scotty will be the one who has to determine what is right.

Just because Adam works for them does not make him a good driver or even sponsered. I am sure he can get a deal on a Schumacher, but does that make him sponsered, no, he is just an employee and gets an employee discount. I guess we will see how it turns out when we get there.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #848
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

+1

now have fun gluing me to the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Adam, if you want I have 3 Type R's, you want me to bring one along for you to run in that class? I think some people are making more of this then what it is. That was one reason I did not even attempt to enter that class. There are some grey areas with this and Scotty will be the one who has to determine what is right.

Just because Adam works for them does not make him a good driver or even sponsered. I am sure he can get a deal on a Schumacher, but does that make him sponsered, no, he is just an employee and gets an employee discount. I guess we will see how it turns out when we get there.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #849
Tech Master
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

if only Jake Pritchard was going.... boy is like Wild Bill with Ca and Kicker, or some sort of glue ninja. I got reports that he glued my car under the table in 1 motion and in under 2 seconds.
__________________
Sponsors for 2013 - NoVak / Team Scream / liquidrc.com
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #850
Tech Adept
 
Drifter73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gretna, Ne.
Posts: 201
Default

Anyone else getting the Vegas itch. $$$$
__________________
Spektrum, Team Orion, Orca
Drifter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #851
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Spec tires?

Does anybody know what Jaco rubber tires were used in sedan last year?
Do you think they'll use the same tires this year.I would like to buy a set and try to find a good setup for carpet if possible. Also, what foam in 1/10 sedan was used?
Thanks in advance!

Max
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #852
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I think they're gonna use Jaco greens again????

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Does anybody know what Jaco rubber tires were used in sedan last year?
Do you think they'll use the same tires this year.I would like to buy a set and try to find a good setup for carpet if possible. Also, what foam in 1/10 sedan was used?
Thanks in advance!

Max
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #853
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

It was Jaco greens last year but since they are doing them defferently now then the ones we had, hard to say what they may be using. Foams were the usual Dbl Pink or Magenta.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #854
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11
Default

Boomer, did you get my email this weekend?
__________________
Team Tekin | Superiorhobbies.com
brians11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #855
Tech Master
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter73 View Post
Anyone else getting the Vegas itch. $$$$
*twitch* nope, not at *twitch* all. No problem *twitch* waiting the *twitch* 56 days till the *twitch* IIC.
__________________
Sponsors for 2013 - NoVak / Team Scream / liquidrc.com
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada futureal Electric On-Road 1145 03-13-2007 10:44 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM
2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas caleracer45 Electric On-Road 2219 01-04-2006 05:46 AM
Las Vegas Annual Spring Race "RD Logics Grand Prix" richey Nitro On-Road 214 04-25-2005 07:23 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net