R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #316
Tech Adept

But we will be issued tires with our bl motor correct? If so, how many?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter73 View Post
But we will be issued tires with our bl motor correct? If so, how many?
No, they are the control tire, but you must buy them there. They are not handout.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Hey Scotty,

Any clue what time Monday night registration will start? I have an exam at 6PM. Wondering if I should arrange to have someone sign me up.
7PM Pacific

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #319
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
No, they are the control tire, but you must buy them there. They are not handout.
"The official rubber handout tire for the 2008 International Indoor Championships will be provided by Jaco again this year."

I guess the word "handout" was the wrong term. I was asuming they had meant to say "Spec Tire", but thats why I asked. Would of been an awsome deal to get a motor and tires included.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #320
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi guys,

Drifter: you win the prize for catching my mistake, I do appoligize, but I did make a mistake in that statement. Jaco tires are the spec tire for the IIC.

syndrome: we are also hoping that, would be pretty trick!

abailey: will be Jaco Green compound

Crashbe: are you having a problem with that?

Aldente: I think doing the awards like this will add something to the award presentation that is rarely there. enthusiasm.

Smoke81: yes all the motors will be sealed

EA: Thanks, 10pmET

let me know if you have any other questions,

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #321
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Scotty - Good luck this year! I have a new baby due a couple weeks before and won't be making it. Might try to sneek down for the mains.

Corey
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #322
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post

Thanks
Scotty

Well that should be the end all the brushless handout debate.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #323
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Scotty,

It seems like I read something about an awards ceremony on Sunday, is there still a plan to have one, or just everything after the mains?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Brians, I 'believe' that is what the Sunday banquet is for...
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #325
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks Scotty, I owe you a call middle of this week
Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #326
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi guys,

Drifter: you win the prize for catching my mistake, I do appoligize, but I did make a mistake in that statement. Jaco tires are the spec tire for the IIC.

syndrome: we are also hoping that, would be pretty trick!

abailey: will be Jaco Green compound

Crashbe: are you having a problem with that?

Aldente: I think doing the awards like this will add something to the award presentation that is rarely there. enthusiasm.

EA: Thanks, 10pmET

let me know if you have any other questions,

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty wrote: "Crashbe: are you having a problem with that?"

Yes. To get the motor rotated so the motor solder tabs are not sticking straight up into the body and affecting the pod movement, you need to rotate the motor in the pod so that the solder tabs are facing forward. This then causes the solder tabs to contact the top motor pod plate. While we can grind out some of the top plate, you can only grind so much before you start to weaken the integrity of the motor box. Thanks, Scotty for considering this and for all the hard work and effort you and your team puts into putting together an event like this.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #327
Tech Master

Smile

Hello all,

Well, I had to make a command decision yesterday and I need to let everyone know about it.

My intention were good, but from the feed back I have received from many people both racers and industry, I had to change my idea of having an awards banquet. I wanted to have an awards dinner for everyone after the event, but from talking to so many people it sounds like most people would not be attending it. So we will be having a special buffet dinner after practice and we will hold our drivers meeting during this dinner. This will be included with your entry. We will talk with everyone at this years IIC to see if the Awards Banquet is a popular idea and if it sounds like it will be, we will consider it for next years event.

So there is real no change to the schedule of the event, we will still run the finals on Saturday. And present the awards after each main.

CrashBe: I just read what I posted to you and it sounded pretty hardcore, sorry about that. I was trying to ask if you see this as a problem with 1/12th scale cars?

Thanks guys,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #328
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Scotty, you're the man and we all certainly appreciate the fact you listen to the feedback of the racers and act upon it.

Here's my thought. The awards banquet is a great idea, perhaps holding right after the mains would work better if keeping to the Saturday main schedule. But if were not going to have it this year, keeping the schedule the way it is means many of us have to take another day off of work to attend. Taking three days off instead of four is easier for my wife to digest.

I realize many people probably have bought plane tickets already, but hey, its just a thought....

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #329
Tech Master

Well said Steve. It's pretty amazing to see 'grapevine' talk turn into actual action and progress.

I felt bad booking my tickets knowing I was going to miss the banquet. It was either that or take the 'red eye' home and walk into work smelling of traction compound, burnt foam, babling of 'sweepers', 'chicanes' and gear ratios. It wouldn't be so bad, but I write mortgages and telling someone their geared too high when you mean to tell them their debt ratio is too high just doesn't go over well.

Thanks Scotty!
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #330
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HenBeav

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
It was either that or take the 'red eye' home and walk into work smelling of traction compound, burnt foam, babling of 'sweepers', 'chicanes' and gear ratios.

I was taking that flight 1 am actually, but now I think I am going to the $100 hit to change my tickets, and fly out saturday around 6:30pm

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote