R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #1666
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Now I feel special, Scotty mentioned me, I was the guy over temp on the lipo, it was like 116 or so. A little fan motion with the car and 30 seconds later, perfect.

Got to thank Scotty and everyone that helped put on this race. By far, the best and funniest race I have ever been too. 8 hours of sleep all week, rolling in drunk from the strip to race and too many ladies to hit on may have led to poor racing, but it was about the fun of it all. I'm already ready to sign up for next years race, even if the wife says no(if she is still around after my antics this year)

From all the Arizona guys, we have to apologize for anyone sitting near us that had to endure our constant goofing, mouths and crazyness, I now Scubba probably heard enough to last him until next year.
dizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #1667
Tech Fanatic

I have made every IIC and this, the fourth year, was the best. Itís hard to believe that each year can be better than the previous but somehow, Scotty continues to find new ways to make each new IIC better than the last.

While the hand out brushless decision generated some anxiety, in the months leading up to the race, it turned out to beÖ genius!! Gone are the days of the chance that you might draw two dog, brushed motors as all of the brushless hand outs were very equal in performance. I cannot remember seeing any car that had a superior horsepower advantage over another in the brushless hand out classes. Good decision, Scotty!!

The World GT class was a big hit. The smiles on the faces of everyone when they came off of the drivers stand after each World GT race was refreshing. This class could very well be the next big thing in RC car racing.

Thanks again Scotty for putting on another memorable event and thanks to all of your crew for being there each day, on time, and putting up with us racers. Special thanks to the tech crew who where efficient, thorough and patient.

I cannot wait for next year!!!
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #1668
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby View Post
I have made every IIC and this, the fourth year, was the best. Itís hard to believe that each year can be better than the previous but somehow, Scotty continues to find new ways to make each new IIC better than the last.

While the hand out brushless decision generated some anxiety, in the months leading up to the race, it turned out to beÖ genius!! Gone are the days of the chance that you might draw two dog, brushed motors as all of the brushless hand outs were very equal in performance. I cannot remember seeing any car that had a superior horsepower advantage over another in the brushless hand out classes. Good decision, Scotty!!

The World GT class was a big hit. The smiles on the faces of everyone when they came off of the drivers stand after each World GT race was refreshing. This class could very well be the next big thing in RC car racing.

Thanks again Scotty for putting on another memorable event and thanks to all of your crew for being there each day, on time, and putting up with us racers. Special thanks to the tech crew who where efficient, thorough and patient.

I cannot wait for next year!!!
World GT could be the next best thing. But after one race the cars look no more realistic than TCs. Too bad.

The race was great as usual!
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #1669
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words that were given in person and here on RCTech. 4 years ago when we started this unthinkable task of putting on an event in Vegas, we had just a couple of goals. One of these goals was to make this the "must attend" race for the racing community and sponsors. We wanted the racers to have a race where no matter how they finish, when they walk away at the end to say, "I can't wait for next year". It thrills us to no end to hear the positive response from everyone involved.

To all that participated with Jack and Drew in the surprise for Scotty at the end of the event have no idea what it meant to us and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Yes we had an unfortunate incident happen to us but we didn't want it to interfere with the IIC experience. To be on the Final day of the event and have everyone take time and effort to help out is truly special. Scotty and I thank you.

I too would like to thank the whole crew for helping again this year.

Jamie "Tech Master" Tennies, Jeff "Showtime" Carlson, Andy Zahn, Jeff Chesney, Trevor Boakes, Jeremy Albrecht, Aaron Smiley, Jacob Blundon, Monica Blundon, Dr.Josh Hohnstein, Brandon "Mr. LiveRC.com" Rhode, Eric "Snowy" Schneeweis, Keith "Yeti" Daugherty and his wife Billie.

428 pictures are now posted on my website. www.BoomerzWorld.com.

Videos will be coming also but I have about 6 hours worth to go through. So once I weed through it I will let you know.

As always if anyone wants to contact me, email me at [email protected].

Till next time,
Boomer
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #1670
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
World GT could be the next best thing. But after one race the cars look no more realistic than TCs. Too bad.

Yes. I was amazed that we had to cut the bodies down so far and maybe the 95mm minimum roof height needs to be adjusted but... There where no bodies specifically made for this class as evidenced by every car having the Corvette body. Remember, the Protoform Corvette is still a reworked TC mold. As soon as I got home, I cut out one of the new Protoform Alfa bodies. This mold was made specifically for this class and I cut at the body lines. The roof height is at 100mm and retains all of the front splitter detail and lower side body detail. As more class specific bodies are made, they will take on more realistic looks.

Lighten up, and get on board, Rick! You know you want to!!
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #1671
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

don't mind him. He and Mark are too busy pulling each others back hair to notice.....
Old 09-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #1672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
anybody looking for video? how about world GT "A" main

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name..._IIC_World_GT_
Hey man good videos
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #1673
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post

Awesome race as always.

I do agree that I thought the bodies were going to be "full height" but I'm hoping that Alfa 8C Dale brought sparks a few new ones. I really think we could have just used TC bodies and specifically full detail ones....I rule with "starting with side mirrors" and plastic molded wings would have been cool. Sort of like the detail they put into drifting.

But it was great. Hard when you show up and your first practice with a car you never run before in your life makes it a little difficult (thanks to the guy who said "Wow Buono you're a real wheel <with sarcastic inflection> while watching my steep learning curve/pain, lol.

Again thanks to all who invested time, money, effort, lost sleep, and fun to the race. Even though On road is on a decline this race gets better every year.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #1674
Tech Fanatic

Just out of curiosity, what was the body of choice in the Touring Foam classes? R9F or Mohawk 2?
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #1675
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

mohawkII
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #1676
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Just out of curiosity, what was the body of choice in the Touring Foam classes? R9F or Mohawk 2?
Every body that I saw in mod was the R9F...sweetest body every produced. Dale did a nice job on that one for sure...almost makes up for the aesthetics of the DNA.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #1677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Every body that I saw in mod was the R9F...sweetest body every produced. Dale did a nice job on that one for sure...almost makes up for the aesthetics of the DNA.
i ran the mohawk 2 so did travis shrevin

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #1678
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi, anybody know what was the motor and speedi of choice for 1/12 mod thanks.
lignum vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #1679
Tech Regular

Lrp sphere was the speedo of choice in 1/12 and I beleive most people ran a 4.5.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #1680
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Good run

Hey Scotty, Boomer and the whole IIC crew. Thanks for putting on a great race as usual. I learned a lot over the week about 1/12th scale racing thanks to the CRC guys. Also thanks to Joe @ Team Orion, and Alan and the Euros for the set-up help. Wish I would've asked earlier but I was too busy playing with my 1/12th scale. Anyway see ya'all next year, or in February at the Birds...late

RC America/ X-ray/ SRG www.superradgraphics.com/ Hudy/ R1wurks/ TeamBocaBearings
GTRtuned is offline   Reply With Quote