R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #1651
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody looking for video? how about world GT "A" main

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name..._IIC_World_GT_
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #1652
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What was the legal weight for the WGT Cars at this race?
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #1653
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
anybody looking for video? how about world GT "A" main

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name..._IIC_World_GT_
How about the amateur a main?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #1654
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WGT minimum weight was 1133g
RPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #1655
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks Dirla, I was really looking forward to re-living that moment.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #1656
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you hack boice

I'll see if I can blow it up and slow it down and put it on repeat for ya.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.

Last edited by nashrcracer; 09-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #1657
Tech Elite

We just wanted to give our HUGE shout out to Scotty and his gang for our third and best year at the IIC. the vibe at this years event was amazing. as usual words can't describe what is is like to hang out with all the guys we get to see a couple times a year. We got stories to go for a lifetime, and as usual and the new friends made make waiting for the next travel race even harder.

I also have to gloat as a proud papa (well he is not my son but might as well be) for Richards win in 17.5 Amateur. I have been best friends with Rick and have watched Richard grow up to be fine young man, and still have tears in my eyes still as I write this. Richard went to this his second attempt and a BIG carpet race well prepared and focused. He laid it down round after round and withstood a small mistake and a lot of pressure in the main to come back with a killer/patient pass to take the win. just about gave his dad and I a heart attack. anyway sorry guys I stop now but whew.......................

All in all Team Timezone had an incredible week with (3) cars in the Mains, and I took home my first hardware and win with a B+ in 10.5 foam.

I am so fired up and tired at the same time...... till next time guys...

PS: We have our round of the NWIC November 7,8,9, 2008 come on out guy's
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #1658
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
Just wanted say RJ and I had a great time, even with all of my technical difficulties during the week, saturday made it all worth the while.

Great race with Still Bill on the last few laps and finally finished a 1/12 round.

Hats off to Jamie and the entire tech crew for everything you guys did throughout the week.

Thanks Scotty for a great race and week as usual, my parents were on the edge of their seats with your turn by turn calling of the races.

Eric
Eric,

Yes, I did almost give you a gift in that last lap of 13.5. Many thanks for avoiding me...Because our coming together could have even given the win to Yeti...

And we all can do it again next year...

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #1659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Eric,

Yes, I did almost give you a gift in that last lap of 13.5. Many thanks for avoiding me...Because our coming together could have even given the win to Yeti...

And we all can do it again next year...

Bill
Yeah, you can't just give me stuff!! I hate to see what may have happened had I not had that body tuck. I was apparently still running pretty fast with it. I will get it right next year, you can count on that.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #1660
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Cower...cower...cower...sniff...sniff...Better not!

World GT cars at twenty paces amigo...If they allow lipos?!?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #1661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up Wgt

didn't run the class but got the car
Attached Thumbnails
2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS-014.jpg  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #1662
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Everyone, Well where do I start. What an incredible week. Hard to put into words the emotions I have gone through during the past week, but every emotion a person could experience happened this past week at the IIC, Moving the IIC back to the strip is something we have wanted to do, but finding a place that we could afford has always been the obstacle. The Riviera turned out to be the perfect place to make our new home for the IIC. Everyone I had the chance to talk with enjoyed the move to the new venue and the event had the great feel like it did the first year at the Stardust.

As always I want to thank Jack and Danny from Jaco and SMC for all of their support. For without them, this event would not happen each and every year. Jack thanks for the kind words you posted earlier and again thanks for the support.

Looking back on the past month of chatting here on RCTech, many guys were causing a ruckus about Lipos and such, but I am happy to report that we had 0 problems at all. I feel our procedures that we implemented prior to the event worked well and I want to thank ALL the drivers that used Lipos for coming to tech prepared and ready for inspection and we had no difficult situations. My compliments to all of you for that. We had as I can recall 1 driver the whole weekend come to tech with a battery over 110deg and this was only by a little bit, so the warming rule worked and the temp setting also was affective in keeping everything level. Thanks again to the Lipo guys.

Amateur division worked out just like I had hoped for, no sandbaggers at all and the qualifying times were for the A main were all very close! We will continue this class again next year and are expecting even more entrants in it.

World GT was the hit of the event. This class did exactly as it was supposed to. Give a racer a more simple class without sacrificing fun. You could not believe the amount of racers that came up to me after the event and said they were going to run this class next year. One of the main reasons for the success of this class at the IIC was the spec tire. The Lilac front and Rear worked out perfectly and on the awesome carbon fiber rims, you have a perfect combination for this class. Tire wear was not even a consideration as they wore like iron and we did not have 1 racer report any chunk off the tire and as we cleaned the track each day, we found no chunks on the track. Many guys said they used only 1 set for the entire event. Practice and racing. Now that is what a spec tire should be like! I would also like to give a huge thanks to Bruce Carbone from SpeedMerchant who gave me the greatest surprise I could have imagined when he worked behind my back with Boomer and my daughter Sarah to get a car for me to race. I had such a great time running in the race I can’t express the fun I had being able to enjoy this class with everyone.

Next I want to thank my team. For without them, this race would not be the well run machine it is. Boomer, Jamie, Showtime, Andy, Chez, Trevor, Jeremy, Aaron, Jacob, Monica, Josh, Yeti and his wife. Charlie, Walt and Jodi, Dusty K. they all pitched in to make this the best event possible and I thank you all very much. Also to my gang that kept Trackside running while we were off in Vegas. Kenny, Buck, Mikey, Mike and Nick. Also many thanks to you guys.

And last but not least, the racers. Thank you for trusting us to provide you with a fun and exciting event that you all seem to enjoyed very much. The feed back I received from the racers after the event was all very positive. The reoccurring comment from so many racers was how much they liked having the Mains on Saturday and many really liked having the race over the holiday weekend. So these are things I am really going to consider for next years event and we will have the dates up as soon as we can.

Thanks again to all our sponsors and all of you that made the 2008 IIC the best event yet.

Look forward to seeing you next year at the IIC 2009.

Sincerely,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #1663
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Scotty for another awesome event and it was no problem at all for Billie and I to help you out at registration. We are both looking forward to next year and are willing to help again if you need it.

Get yourself some rest, because you have earned it for sure!!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #1664
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Scotty, next year I'm not going easy on you in the sweeper....

thanks again for such an awesome time.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #1665
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Glad things went so well Scotty. Im graduating in May and I think I'll give myself a graduation present by getting in on this race next year (what better present than a week in Vegas!)
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote