Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all..

Just a little concern. This is a first in many years I have seen Eli leave The Champs with out hardware from a top spot. He also has been missing in these fourms. Can somebody please call the hotel and check all rooms to ensure he has checked out. I hope somebody had got him a pair of velcro shoes for a safe ride home......
Old 12-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think Jr. Norton refered to this wekend as one of Eli's "Senior Moments"
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

He's fine.........We passed him on Rt42 south. Just takes a touch longer to get home by horse and buggy...just kiddin Eli..
He did TQ 2 of the 3 classes he entered....My money is on the "Barn Raiser" for the Nats...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 AM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got back from the race trip and wanted to say thanks to the Champs crew for another great race. Many aspects of the race were better this year over past years and the track surface and layout were much improved. No one likes to see the number of entries down but I must say it was really nice to get in two rounds of qualifying, a round of rapid-practice, prep the cars, have a few beers with friends, and still get a decent nights sleep. Already looking forward to next year.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysteryracer
How has no one complained about this race yet? It was horrible.

Nobody showed up. It wasn't even worth racing. Making the main use to mean something, with 14 total racers in your class... It didn't really mean much last week.

Announcing was a joke. By far the worst I have witnessed in a long time. My local track has some kids mom announcing and she is hands down better than what we dealt with this weekend. "Cranking out the jams..." what the hell does that mean? Does it have anything to do with driving an rc car? I don't think so. We could have done without the colorless commentary and done with maybe our pace, who the leader was, if someone was holding up the leader. Oh wait.... you would have to take a look at the track, and peel your eyes away from the monitor to do that. Horrible.

Tech was also quite funny. Good job teching the crap out of my 17.5, you should have done a little better job checking it though, because that motor never went near my car, the sticker however went straight onto a similar 13.5 with a drop of threadlock on a screw. And yes, straight to the pointless A-main I went. If you are not going to control what people run to an adequate amount, it forces people to cheat. I suppose I could have went through 50 motors and cherry picked a quick one.... but my way worked alot better, and was much cheaper.

Speaking of motors, I hope you didn't come to this world class race sponsored by all sorts of motor companies in hopes of buying a motor. No Trinity motors at all, and orion, Mr. Bill said would have motors available for $40 had 4.5s and 17.5s. umm 13.5?? nope. go see stormer and shell out $100. Or... just do it my way and throw your sticker on a 10.5 Way easier to get rip out of that one. Just drop your EPA down to 85, works perfect.

The track..... Another highlight of cleveland. Cleveland has always been bumpy, not a huge deal. That was with old wood and carpet. $65 for a non-handout class, same price as last year, okay... we are getting new wood and carpet, I am all for supporting a good race. Except some genius thought particle board was a good idea to lay carpet over. Who was it? I can think of 20 other materials that would have been better off put down before basically square sponges. You could count the sheets through the carpet, seams came up through every corner, cars were bouncing all over the place, they actually fixed a patch of carpet in the middle of a class during a qualifying round. That means for the E and D qualifiers, they acknowledged the track was screwed up, but decided they should fix it mid-class for the faster guys. Yeah, that sounds fair. Good thinking.

I don't think we should blame the crappy turnout to economy or gas. Sure we might lose a few to that, but I think the fact that the common nonfactory guy can't be competitive is the bigger reason for the reduced turnout. stock racing should be handout. its stock! that means we should have to rely on driving and setup, not going through cases of motors and cheating. thats what it takes though for stock.

Needless to say... I will not be back for the race next year. I will find something better to do with my holiday week then waste my time listening to that guy "meep meep, vroom"
looked to me like you were pretty low in your races....

you seem to have some issues, with truth and integrity
Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Tag
Hey all..

Just a little concern. This is a first in many years I have seen Eli leave The Champs with out hardware from a top spot. He also has been missing in these fourms. Can somebody please call the hotel and check all rooms to ensure he has checked out. I hope somebody had got him a pair of velcro shoes for a safe ride home......

He roomed with Monti and I and was doing just fine. He had a couple of TQ awards in his hands when he left. Guess he will just have to start a new winning streak next year.

Big thanks to Mr. Bill and all his crew that make this race happen each year. I had a great time and will be back again next year...

Just hope they have soft walls of more left handers next year.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Wow..LMAO!! I take a break for a while and now people are using Rctech as a means for confessing their prowess at cheating? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think it was Bob Stormer that said it first but man you have to really SUCK ASS to run a 13.5 to make a 17.5 main with only 14 people in it and still not win!!

Oh well nothing changes in the RC soap opera...

Time to go back to work on my 33% Extra

Butter

Even sadder is the guy can't even count. There were three classes of 17.5. 1/12 Stock had 55 entries, TC Stock had 23 and 1/12 Masters had 33. The only class that had close to 14 was TC Rubber with 16 entires but they were running 13.5's anyway. Maybe he put in a 17.5 by mistake thinking it would be faster.

I remember a guy from a small East Coast state years ago running something illegal in 1/12 Stock and I happened to point him out to John Thawley who was kind of in charge that year. After the guy marshaled the next heat he returned to pick up his car from tech only to see a crowd around it with a soldering iron removing said motor. Needless to say he did not show up for the mains or been back to Clevevland since.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

He He He ....I had a terrific time again this year. As far as racing goes ,Mr. Bill and ALL the people behind the scenes put on another super event. I did TQ 2 out of 3 classes that I was in and also ran faster than the stock 17.5 - 1/12 scale class that the youngsters were in! I did have mechanical issues in the 2 mains that I TQ'd. My fault and I will be firing my mechanic...... I did take home 2 really nice TQ awards (pit boards by Tre's Leonard) Mr. Tag, I was sorry to see that you could not make it this year... Yes my string fell this year to some great competition and congrats to Goop and Frank Calandra, both class acts. Without taking much more time on the forums, I will get off here for now. See you at a race real soon.............
Old 12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Hey all..

thats because frank calandra had his mojo in his corner, his dad frank calandra sr. when sr shows up jr's stats are incredible.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonny B
Guess he will just have to start a new winning streak next year.
Maybe that's when I'll start my Masters winning streak!!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks like 1/12 for me next year.....
Old 12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wish I was able to attend the race this year! I couldn't even make it in to see the track

Everyone has their oppinions on the reason for the low turn out... Anybody consider it was due to Brushless only? This was my reason to bow out this year, I can't drop $200 in addition to the rest of the racing bills just for that race. I was hoping to remain away from brushless untill the speedo's were as small as a GTX or Comp 2 and 3. Guess I'll have to upgrade to compete at big races.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

The Tekin RS brushless system has a small footprint much like the GTX.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sanity check:

Was I the only one that saw Artur C's car doing smoking donuts while warming up for his TC mod qualifier (I think it was Saturday)?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adamge
Sanity check:

Was I the only one that saw Artur C's car doing smoking donuts while warming up for his TC mod qualifier (I think it was Saturday)?

I heard about but didn't see it. That is awesome though, smoke coming off of foam tires and they weren't even on a truer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.