R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #931
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryracer View Post
How has no one complained about this race yet? It was horrible.

Nobody showed up.

I don't think we should blame the crappy turnout to economy or gas.

Needless to say... I will not be back for the race next year. I will find something better to do with my holiday week then waste my time listening to that guy "meep meep, vroom"

As far as I'm concerned, Keep cranking out the jam's.
This race is much improved in my opinion and everyone I've talked to agrees.
Sure the number of attendees are down, it's the economy stupid.
People do not have disposable cash like they did one year ago.
They even have a pole on the 2009 Snowbird site asking,
Has the economy affected your R/C racing this year? Right now it looks like 2 to 1 saying yes.
You will not be missed.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #932
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have to say I havent missed an Indoor Champs in my 7 years of racing.
and I really think this was the smoothest one yet. Maybe the lower turnout maybe not.. who knows who cares, it was a blast. Still got to see some old friends drink a few beers keep EA on suicide watch and watch some of the nest drivers in the country compete. lower TC turnout??? yes it was by far I think there was more than 14 and when you got guys like Cuffs in the 10 spot in qualifying competition was there. It really cant be to hard to narrow the jackass down if you look at the top ten. but anyway, I for one also like the announcing. I dont think people understand that those guys have to talk for 16 to 20 hours a day NONSTOP!!!! give em some credit every year JohnnyV does an awesome job and every year he looses his voice...lol kind of routine now.. also how about the world GT class, that is truley spec racing at its finest. competition was fierce in that class with I think 4 to 5 different chassis in the main. anyway it was my first time back to carpet since snowbirds and I am sure some people got a few laughs out of me my first time out....it for sure turned more than my 1/8 buggy..lol like my first time down the straightaway and turning in about 20 feet to soon...LMAO I dont even think I crossed the scoring loop..LOL
but all in all it was fun fair and competitive. see you all soon.
thanks
MO Denton
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #933
Tech Regular

Just reminiscing ...1986...22 years ago I made the A-Main sportsman! There were approx. 325 entries and only two classes...1/12 the sportsman and 1/12 modified. I actually drove a Parma car. Joel Johnson owned Cleveland, I think he won 8-9 times in the modified class!

Handout motors were $12.00 or so and you could buy as many as you wanted. Sealed end bell with internal brushes.Speed secret was to break them in ,in a glass of Mountain Dew! Sanyo 1200's were the power of choice, actually the only choice. Making 8 min was truly an art.

Its good to see "Cleveland" is still going strong. Racing at the Indoor Champs was the highlight of the racing season in the US.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
Just reminiscing ...1986...22 years ago I made the A-Main sportsman! There were approx. 325 entries and only two classes...1/12 the sportsman and 1/12 modified. I actually drove a Parma car. Joel Johnson owned Cleveland, I think he won 8-9 times in the modified class!

Handout motors were $12.00 or so and you could buy as many as you wanted. Sealed end bell with internal brushes.Speed secret was to break them in ,in a glass of Mountain Dew! Sanyo 1200's were the power of choice, actually the only choice. Making 8 min was truly an art.

Its good to see "Cleveland" is still going strong. Racing at the Indoor Champs was the highlight of the racing season in the US.
YES...the good old days. 1/12th scale racing was truely an art...those days are long gone. Joel was the man at Cleveland. Haven't been back to Cleveland in 15+ years, but man do I miss those carefree days. Nice to see the number of guys who still volunteer their time to put this race together.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default wow

hey last year when i was there it was awesome MR.BILL AND GANG did a great job and yes this year i could not go BECAUSE OF LACK OF WORK MEAT HEAD and that is the only reason why i was not there and you can bet when work gets better for me I WILL BE THERE
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #936
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It was only 5 years ago that we were racing 8 mins with 21turn street spec motors and 1300 spec cells. You had to gear up and drive 1/4 throttle for 2 mins then 1/2 throttle for 2 mins and then all out for the last 4 mins.

Now it's point and shoot literally and you can't even use up half the battery.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #937
Tech Champion

1200 Sanyo cells...

Yellow, with the Cadnica red writing on them. Ah yes, happy days...

Probably not even good enough for your lathe if you still use one these days

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #938
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

posted the final pictures to www.rc50.com
also go looking for the bonus pictures I added back in the mix.

make sure you vote for the video you want me to post first. right now the first one looks like 12th 17.5, then rubber or mod tc
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #939
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That track wasn't rough, the one in '83 was rough, right Mr. Mackin, lol. Just wanted to thank the whole Cleveland "crew", you guys did a awesome job, from tech to announcing. You guys went out of your way to make us feel welcome and to help with any thing that we would have problems with. Mike Smith, if that's your real name, lol, thanks again for picking those items up for me. Bill and Bill and Johnny, just a awesome job keeping the show running.

Thanks to EA for bringing the item that I requuired.

Special thanks to Paul Lemiux for helping us with car setup all weekend.

The Orion guy for having some items for sale and for the prise donation I was lucky enough to win, thanks again.

CRC guys, thanks for supplying the track and the layout. Mark your a very creul man on us touring guys, JK. Awesome track, thanks sooo much.

For all those other sponsors that donated to the race, thanks very much. And for those people that manned the booths, thanks for being there.

Nice to see alot of guys still kicking around the hobby, Chuck Mackin, Bud Bartos, Sean Cochran, Ken Pepe, Skip Starkey, Carruba's, Gerbers, so many people still there, some of the kids, just awesome good drivers. What a weekend. Not sure how a person could complain about 5 days of playing with a toy car and smelling the Paragon and re-meeting so many old and new friends.

Now as far as the whiner that had to cheat to make the A, I know someone that isn't going to get a visit from Santa this year.
You did it all wrong, I had to threaten to step on Mike Haynes car and then I had to beat up his little brother just to make it in, but I got the job done. LOL (Mike, that was some of the finest driving I've seen, you and that car where rippin' it up, nice drive even if you didn't win, TJ your run was awesome as well, and Brad what a battle you guys had at the front, inspiring, just inspirirng.)

If you don't think the Cleveland guys are serious about the race, I went down there around 10:30 Sunday, and they where still discussing how to make it even better for next year.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 12-02-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #940
Tech Rookie

Default Whiney cheaters - post#911

I would like to personally thank 'mysteryracer' for confirming his noshow for next year. As anyone who has raced more than a year or two knows, this sport follows the upturns and downturns of the economy. I'm sure if you contacted the racers who couldn't attend this year, you would find many without jobs or the threat thereoff. mysteryracer probably has his mommy pay his way just to get rid of the whiney snivelling cheat for a week.
Dave
Professorfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #941
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default my experience

over all i would say it was a good race. awsome layout. . Would of been nice if there was at least a 13.5 motor available. i was un able to run my practice rounds because i didnt have a motor. I guess it was my fault for planning on picking up a motor there. I did ask the question before i went and was told there would be motors available. Also id like to mention about frank Calandras charger goin missing. I only mention it so maybe people can look out for it. Its a nosram charger and power supply. There cant be to many out there like it. Hopefully it shows up.Over all i had a good time, had a fun main with EA in 13.5..
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought this years event was great. But then again I've thought all of them for the last 20 years have been great. Track was good. Announcers were good. Tech was fine. And as always there were plenty of accomplished racers to compete with. Who could ask for more? certainly not I. Lookin forward to next year already. How many days before the world (and me) comes to Cleveland again? Thankfully there's some good news..... we don't actually have to wait until next Thanksgiving to do this again. We have the Nats at the Gate where many of the same terriffic guys will gather for yet another completely enjoyable outing. Happily, that one's only a short time away.

A sidebar note to Bob Stormer........i think perhaps you missed your calling. Have you ever considered being an author? You've sure got a way with words. Right on!!!!
vafactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #943
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
A sidebar note to Bob Stormer........i think perhaps you missed your calling. Have you ever considered being an author? You've sure got a way with words. Right on!!!!
very kind.

I suspect I'd be good at writing the kinds of books you leave on the night stand next to your bed. I've been putting folks to sleep with EXCESSIVELY long posts for years...

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #944
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
very kind.

I suspect I'd be good at writing the kinds of books you leave on the night stand next to your bed. I've been putting folks to sleep with EXCESSIVELY long posts for years...
I'm pretty sure there is an inverse relationship between the quality and quantity of an rctech member's local racing scene, and his prolificness as a rctech poster. This is unfortunate, as it doubles the disadvantage for those of us with a weak racing scene.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Wow..LMAO!! I take a break for a while and now people are using Rctech as a means for confessing their prowess at cheating? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think it was Bob Stormer that said it first but man you have to really SUCK ASS to run a 13.5 to make a 17.5 main with only 14 people in it and still not win!!

Oh well nothing changes in the RC soap opera...

Time to go back to work on my 33% Extra

Butter