Originally Posted by Robertw321 View Post
Let the world know.
+1

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #917
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well, I can vouch for Jarrod Langlois on this one that he is not the author. There is no way he can form that complete of sentences.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #918

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank View Post
Well, I can vouch for Jarrod Langlois on this one that he is not the author. There is no way he can form that complete of sentences.
OMFG Boice! That was one of the funnier things I've heard on here in a long time...why you gotta pick on someone smaller than you?! lol
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #919
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

heck I think I'm smaller then boice... how things going swank. you missed a fun one even with the low turnout.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #920
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Great race this year!!! I had a great time and I think everything was run very well!!

Paul
Hi Paul,

I agree, excellent event this year. The management team worked hard to raise the level and quality of the event. During the event they were making notes and discussing further improvements for next year.

Was it perfect? No, some minor glitches and issues. Was it a good time and worth the time and money? For sure. Looking forward to next year.

Frank
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #921
Tech Adept

Colorado crew made it home safely, wind and weather terrible on the way back made for a a great 14mpg for the whole trip! and the black f150 of mine is now gray from road grimmm.

thanks for puting on another good show!

made some more friends out there and some more tricks for the trade just like last year!

i shot some video will will edit it into some thing good will post in about a week

thanks to mitch and dumper for their help, and also everyone that tried to help me find parts for my tc

Nick Ennis
mxzhonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #922
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Attendance may be down and folks are roll'n penies for gas....

R/C car kit prices have exploded and technology is changing......

But its still CLEVELAND!!!! If I were still on the mainland, You can bet I would be there. I miss hanging out with all my friends and long-time rivals.

Through all the BS, Its still fun to get out and play with your "Disposable Income". Thats what its all about folks, plain and simple.

Mike
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #923
Tech Elite

<--- Had a great time.

I thought the track was fine, maybe the guys that gripe the most should work on a better setup.

Racing is NOT about winning and losing (especially if you're not getting paid to do it). it's about the "experience" of attempting to win or lose. Only one person is going to be thee winner, so the other hundreds need to figure out how to make the experience a good time (and I feel 99 out of 100 do). It's a hobby, it's what you want it to be. I like the experiences and the storys. And MAN did we get some good ones. Like the crazy lady with the neck tattoos at White Castle. Watching our man Evan snap 6 t-bars and tie his old record, and the excellent teasing that will go on for MONTHS... Or watching the poor TSA guy dig through a week of old socks to get to the power supply in my bag...

Shaking some hands, meeting new folks, and saying high to some old ones. Saw Dale Epp. I don't think I've seen Dale in person since 1993. It's about the camaraderie and good times. ANY race is what "YOU" make it. If you're not having fun, look in the mirror. Me personally, I came to have a good time, and whadda ya know...

Thanks everybody it was great, once again. Now, let's develop a fun, "one time only vintage" class for the 30th anniversary.

Bob Stormer
Randon Stormer
Evan Billingsley

Oh, and for the guy griping about the tech, and the announcing, feel free to donate a few days of your time to help out... you're spineless for not posting under your own name.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-02-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #924
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Extemely well said, Bob!

Mike
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #925
Tech Adept

Default I had a great time.........

I guess I just don't understand when people bitch'n'moan after a great group of people go through all that effort to put on a race so you can come and challenge yourself against some of the better racers in the country.

I personally had a great time and felt the event was improved upon. The announcing was good and exciting for the earlier heats and the track surface and sub surface was much better than previous years. It was my first time running with the click track and that stuff makes a beautiful and elegant track.

Thanks for all the effort of the many people involved with this race and will hopefully see all of you and more next year.

Mitch
flyernemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 AM   #926
Tech Elite

Thought about it some more. I dislike anonymous posters, and really dislike people that are willing to discredit all the hard work that was put in on their behalf. I apologize for further baiting the Troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryracer View Post
Tech was also quite funny. Good job teching the crap out of my 17.5, you should have done a little better job checking it though, because that motor never went near my car, the sticker however went straight onto a similar 13.5 with a drop of threadlock on a screw. And yes, straight to the pointless A-main I went. If you are not going to control what people run to an adequate amount, it forces people to cheat. I suppose I could have went through 50 motors and cherry picked a quick one.... but my way worked alot better, and was much cheaper.
How does it force people to cheat? How low is your sense of pride and honor? You had to cheat to make an a-main with only 14 people in the class? Dude, how bad do you suck? Seriously? And you had to take advantage of the kindness of the tech staff to do it... I'm ashamed of you.

A guy that's a good wheel doesn't have to cheat. You want it "fair", yet when given a chance to keep things "fair" you decided to cheat and lie. You were given a chance to be equal and chose to cheat instead. You can't ask for one, and then do the other and be given any credibility. And cheaters and liars carry little credibility. So, based on that alone, you're a Cheater and a Liar, and you expect us to put stock in your anonymous posting?

Quote:
Speaking of motors, I hope you didn't come to this world class race sponsored by all sorts of motor companies in hopes of buying a motor.
Why would you come to a world class event without a motor or backup motor? Plan ahead. Would you blame the staff for running out of a spur you needed? Well, probably.

Quote:
I don't think we should blame the crappy turnout to economy or gas. Sure we might lose a few to that, but I think the fact that the common nonfactory guy can't be competitive is the bigger reason for the reduced turnout.
If a "common guy" thinks he can run with somebody like Paulie, or Blackstock, he needs to stop listening to his inner voices and pay attention. The "common guy" couldn't beat ANY of the mod a-main drivers if the common guy had a mod and the factory guys had stock motors. Because the really good drivers are "uncommonly good" at it. (see the error correction thread on this forum). It is NOT possible for a common b or c main club guy to be competitive with the pro's, ever, for any reason. He can have the same equipment, but he will still lose, and by the same margins. And the faster the cars are the worse the beating will be, as the pro's can actually use (very effectively) all the power they can get.

Quote:
stock racing should be handout. its stock! that means we should have to rely on driving and setup, not going through cases of motors and cheating. thats what it takes though for stock.
Wrong, you need to have talent, which you are lacking. I bet I've bought 400-500 handout motors over the years and NOT ONE TIME, did it change anything. The same guys that run lower on the track, smoother and don't make mistakes will continue to do that and stomp your guts out with the handout motor, only now you're also out another few hundred for extra motors you already had, and didn't need. I'm against handout motors. They add needless expense and time to a race weekend. At no time, ever, has a guy that normally club races 40th out of 50 guys, made and then WON the show at a major event because of an "equality" in the motors. There's not an equality in the drivers, and that cannot be "handed out". You have to earn it.

Quote:
Needless to say... I will not be back for the race next year. I will find something better to do with my holiday week then waste my time listening to that guy "meep meep, vroom".
Probably for the best that you don't come back. It would be appreciated.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-02-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 AM   #927
Tech Champion

Sounds like the kind of event I would dream of going to if

a) I lived in the USA

B) Had the time away from the wife and son and

c) to a lesser degree if I had the $

Mysteryracer- you've got issues, kid Sort them out before you post again.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #928
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Well this was my 3rd Champs and I will go ahead and say it was miles above the rest. There was actually a tech this year and it ran smoothly. Was it a little more lax than others...Yes. It still needs a little work but it was sufficient. The layout was the best I have been on at Cleveland as well. The bumps were there and they did their best to repair them to which I thank them for. In the end it was the same for everyone and I did not see cars flying off the track because it was too rough. Everyone does know that these car's have suspension for a reason right???

The announcing is not what you are used to at other races but it has been the same for Cleveland for many years. Get used to it or dont come back. Simple as that. Those guys do it and I am sure none of us would think about doing it for the little they get paid and take away from their race time!

To Mystery racer I hope you feel real accomplished. You made the A main out of 14 racers and had to cheat to do it...WAY TO GO MAN! Your my new hero f... wad!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #929
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

I ran in this race in 2004 with a goal of making the top 40 in stock 1/12th and pulled it off. However I did not make it back the following year to take advantage of my top 40 finish. So I come back to the hobby 3weeks ago and rounded up some old friends and ran over to the race to watch sat. With one full day of racing under my belt with all brand new stuff to me I was kicking myself for not entering the race.

Bumpy track or not I wanna race against the best! I'll be there next year!
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #930
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Bob-Stormer;5116809\
\Racing is NOT about winning and losing (especially if you're not getting paid to do it). it's about the "experience" of attempting to win or lose. [/QUOTE]

I agree....
For me it is a toss up between...Outback with Ian,Pulfer,Doseck and Filo.....telling stories and eating steak or the StarWars bar with Mitch and the BAD jokes....Wait ...it was dancing with the HOTTIE in the low cut pants and red top....what was her name again and how much???? too bad I'm cheap
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote