Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp View Post
umm...no comment HAHA
actually it explains alot!
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #902
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

A picture is worth a 1000 words...however some leave you speachless.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #903
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to JohnnyV Send a message via Skype™ to JohnnyV

Wow, what a week. You know, sitting at the champs announcing all day, I kinda miss out on the scuttlebutt. But this year was a smooth race. With the exception of a demon-infested computer for the 1/12 stock A main, which all I can say is backup systems are SO COOL, there were no major problems.

I didn't hear any complaints from the racers about anything this year. I know entries were down, but it's like that everywhere, I guess.

Usually, the state of the carpet is an issue for drivers, but even though there were a couple sections which were persistant in being a little bumpy, the new Calandra Fastrack carpet was amazing. And it doesn't get all gummy like the old ozite tracks when you put several hundred gallons of tire compound into it.

All in all, the comments I heard was that this was a good solid experience for the racers. Anyone hear anything different?
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #904
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
Wow, what a week. You know, sitting at the champs announcing all day, I kinda miss out on the scuttlebutt. But this year was a smooth race. With the exception of a demon-infested computer for the 1/12 stock A main, which all I can say is backup systems are SO COOL, there were no major problems.

I didn't hear any complaints from the racers about anything this year. I know entries were down, but it's like that everywhere, I guess.

Usually, the state of the carpet is an issue for drivers, but even though there were a couple sections which were persistant in being a little bumpy, the new Calandra Fastrack carpet was amazing. And it doesn't get all gummy like the old ozite tracks when you put several hundred gallons of tire compound into it.

All in all, the comments I heard was that this was a good solid experience for the racers. Anyone hear anything different?
I heard that if Scott Barnes was there he would have TQ'ed practice
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #905
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to JohnnyV Send a message via Skype™ to JohnnyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I heard that if Scott Barnes was there he would have TQ'ed practice
We were calling the fastest guys in practice 'TP' for top practicer, but some racers thought it was... crappy.
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #906
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
We were calling the fastest guys in practice 'TP' for top practicer, but some racers thought it was... crappy.
Tell them that feelings should be checked at the door.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #907
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
A picture is worth a 1000 words...however some leave you speachless.
some people have a unique way of celebrating a win. that's all i'm sayin'.

in a semi-related subject, i happened to leave my camera in the ballroom late on saturday after qualifying was over. if anyone happened to find one that looks precisely like this ...

... there is an extremely good chance it recently belonged to me. pm me here, if you want to brighten my day just a bit by sending it back.

also, brad johnson asked that the finder not post any of the images that were found on it. (kidding - i'd actually like to see them, having recorded some full heats for a local racer).

while i'm posting - good job to everyone involved in the event. it was my first missed champs since first coming in '04, and it sure seemed like it was one of the smoothest that i could compare to (from the outside looking in). the track was nice, stayed put, and offered some tough racing. personally, i'd like to see the amount of classes cut in half, but today, that's a tough thing to do.

- zach delmonte -
Old 12-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #908
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to the event Staff for another great time in Cleveland...I wanted to thank CD, Ian and Doug for the help and loaners that got me to finish the weekend after my car broke. Special thankyou to Bruce from SpeedMerchant for the parts to fix the car....

How many days til the World Comes back to Cleveland???
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #909
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks mr bill and the entire staff for puttin on another great show. granted it had its "glitches" but they all worked out fine. we have a saying at one of the are local tracks i race at when it comes to surface "its the same for everybody".

i would also like to thank all the sponsors that helped to make this show possible and to my new bunch of racers/team mates i have found to be a great group of people i race on a week to week basis . The guys and girls from Team Crc starting from the very top of the list. Frank Calandra Sr. Frank Calandra Jr. Mark "Rambo" Calandra, Brian "Dumper" Winn, Tom "Tom" Firsching, Johnny "Wopper" Firsching, Jeff "J Dog" Dayger, Chris and Myles Hale, Rob "Burt" Barone, Dave Compton, Dan Holcomb, Rob Falcone plus a bunch people who couldnt make it to the event but were great moral support. Joel & Kelly Winnicki, Matt & Dan levy and last but not least Steve Pemberton.

it was a great and relazing weekend compared to last years event being my first. the one great thing about these events is u learn alot just by attending. i feel i have greatly improved my program over span of last weeks activities. Once again thanks everyone.

How long is it to next year?
wait a minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #910
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Great race this year!!! I had a great time and I think everything was run very well!!

Paul
Old 12-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #911
Tech Rookie

How has no one complained about this race yet? It was horrible.

Nobody showed up. It wasn't even worth racing. Making the main use to mean something, with 14 total racers in your class... It didn't really mean much last week.

Announcing was a joke. By far the worst I have witnessed in a long time. My local track has some kids mom announcing and she is hands down better than what we dealt with this weekend. "Cranking out the jams..." what the hell does that mean? Does it have anything to do with driving an rc car? I don't think so. We could have done without the colorless commentary and done with maybe our pace, who the leader was, if someone was holding up the leader. Oh wait.... you would have to take a look at the track, and peel your eyes away from the monitor to do that. Horrible.

Tech was also quite funny. Good job teching the crap out of my 17.5, you should have done a little better job checking it though, because that motor never went near my car, the sticker however went straight onto a similar 13.5 with a drop of threadlock on a screw. And yes, straight to the pointless A-main I went. If you are not going to control what people run to an adequate amount, it forces people to cheat. I suppose I could have went through 50 motors and cherry picked a quick one.... but my way worked alot better, and was much cheaper.

Speaking of motors, I hope you didn't come to this world class race sponsored by all sorts of motor companies in hopes of buying a motor. No Trinity motors at all, and orion, Mr. Bill said would have motors available for $40 had 4.5s and 17.5s. umm 13.5?? nope. go see stormer and shell out $100. Or... just do it my way and throw your sticker on a 10.5 Way easier to get rip out of that one. Just drop your EPA down to 85, works perfect.

The track..... Another highlight of cleveland. Cleveland has always been bumpy, not a huge deal. That was with old wood and carpet. $65 for a non-handout class, same price as last year, okay... we are getting new wood and carpet, I am all for supporting a good race. Except some genius thought particle board was a good idea to lay carpet over. Who was it? I can think of 20 other materials that would have been better off put down before basically square sponges. You could count the sheets through the carpet, seams came up through every corner, cars were bouncing all over the place, they actually fixed a patch of carpet in the middle of a class during a qualifying round. That means for the E and D qualifiers, they acknowledged the track was screwed up, but decided they should fix it mid-class for the faster guys. Yeah, that sounds fair. Good thinking.

I don't think we should blame the crappy turnout to economy or gas. Sure we might lose a few to that, but I think the fact that the common nonfactory guy can't be competitive is the bigger reason for the reduced turnout. stock racing should be handout. its stock! that means we should have to rely on driving and setup, not going through cases of motors and cheating. thats what it takes though for stock.

Needless to say... I will not be back for the race next year. I will find something better to do with my holiday week then waste my time listening to that guy "meep meep, vroom"
mysteryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #912
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wow...

i wonder if this rocket scientist knows i can figure out (and have)who he is.....

brilliant....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #913
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryracer View Post
Snipped for being garbage.
So, you are a whiner, admitted cheater and, since it appears this is not your first time on RCTech but your screen name only has one post, gutless. You will not be missed. There are only so many 13.5 A main drivers. I hope your home track figures out you are a cheater.

I have the courage to sign my posts.

Last edited by Robertw321; 12-01-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Robertw321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #914
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
wow...

i wonder if this rocket scientist knows i can figure out (and have)who he is.....

brilliant....

Let the world know.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #915
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I followed the race online and with the help or the Dirla Cam and mic, heard most of the announcing and thought it was good, I ussually knew who was leading, what the pace was, and even in the lower mains heard the call for lap guys to yield to the leader.
Great job guys, I hope to make it there next year.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote