R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
This is, and as far as I know always has been a foam tire only race. There are other big races that run rubber tire.
So I would venture to say it'll be foam only. And personally I hope it stays that way!
Most all the other "Big" races are starting to run rubbers now. I mean I donít plan on wining the race, so one set of rubbers a speed 6 body, brushless 17.5motor, 2 6cell packs and I'm set for the week. I can set back and watch the fast guy battle it out..

My 2 cents
John Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
What about Masters touring..Will that be included again this year...
My guess would be with the addition of the Pro 10 Class, Masters Touring may be droped.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Got ya... I was just planing my 2008 races in advance. This is good to know..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Default 2008 indoor champs

hey all: It'll be interesting to see what the pro10 class rules turn out to be for this race and if the pro10's put a dent in the number of sedan class entries. Just my thoughts thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Pro 10 didnt that class die like 10 years ago?

Rubber carpet why would we run what the rest of the world runs? I mean everything else we are doing as a country is working soo well. Carpet tracks dying at an alarming rate. Rubber is the cheapest class to run on carpet. 1 set of tires for a whole race weekend.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Pro 10 didnt that class die like 10 years ago?

Rubber carpet why would we run what the rest of the world runs?
I could be wrong, but I think this has always been a foam tire race.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

The race used to be the most prestigous in the world too. Those days are long gone. Now people just feel like they have to go becasue its "Cleveland" well I learned my lesson last year. I went to Cleveland once, unless things change that will be plenty for me.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #53
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why I hate rubber tyres

nashrcra
Posted: 07 Apr 2008 01:05 pm Post subject:

I would like to give a big shout out to Matt Stickers Bean for his third place finish. I thank you for parking it twice
Beanster
Posted: 07 Apr 2008 02:46 pm Post subject:

Dirla I am glad you had the chance to beat me, because more than likely it's your last! LOL Unless you want to by sticker Tires every run like me!!
Tempest2000
Posted: 07 Apr 2008 03:28 pm Post subject:

LOL bean actually i thought robert drove really well and I honestly think his car was better than mine but I just drove better. Your car was dialed in the main "Stickers" lol oh and just so you know Dirla has some Stickers already ordered for the next race LMAO see what you started I'm not gonna lie I had to purchase some tires as well best I could pull with 4 year old tires was 9.6's in the heat races and you cranked a 9.4 something in the main... Let the Sticker wars begin[/list]
Beanster
Posted: 08 Apr 2008 06:49 am Post subject:

What Tires are you going to try??
Tempest2000
Posted: 08 Apr 2008 07:23 am Post subject:

only thing I can get that will fit my car... jaco greens... EA said he's going to try and get some of the new prism greens to test at coopers track next race.
Beanster
Posted: 10 Apr 2008 06:45 am Post subject:

Looks Like I will have to place my order for some stickers too then! LOL
Tempest2000
Posted: 10 Apr 2008 08:56 am Post subject:

and so the Sticker wars have begun I'm still ordering stuff every week or two if you need something let me know and I'll throw it on the order. make you a good deal on anything you need to order.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow ó never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long ó you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #54
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was monitoring this thread to see if a rubber class might be offered.. but its doesnt look good.
I swore off foams after I saw my tire bill from the 2007 Novak Never going back to foam.... Good thing I booked my flights for the IIC... at least Scotty offers a rubber class
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

IMO the only thing that will bring life back into Foam Sedan racing is a hand out foam thats a harder compound like purples and plaids. Make everyone buy the tires from the host track so the host track makes some money. How much money do host tracks make on foam tire races....not much if any with damn near the whole field getting tires for free or at cheaper then hobby shop cost. Look at the carpet nats more people in rubber tire then in the foam class.....I wonder why? It was close in Vegas too people are fed up on these stupid soft tires that last 1 run before they peel off the rim. Try a spec tire or a hand out foam tire race and see how it plays out. This is only for sedan, 12th scale doesnt have the same thing going on more people are going back to 12th scale because of this reason as well. The first race to do something like this would set the trend thats for sure and might get more people.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't care what anyone says...

carpet races should be foam only and run rubber tires on asphalt.

rubber tires rip the fibers right out of the carpet and ruin the bite for everyone, but especially the 12th scale guys. In the last year the ONLY race that 12th scales had good bite was Cleveland... anyone wanna guess why????

Nope it wasn't even the paragon... it was NO RUBBER TIRES!

carpet nats ran paragon, but they allowed rubber tires and the bite wasn't good for 12th scale... It does strange things with 12th you get good front bite, but rear bite is not near as good as it should be and creates a loose condition and we have to run yellows or greys to keep the bite consistent.

most of the time magenta rears are faster at least for me, but they are difficult to drive on a track where rubber tires have run on. Just too loose...

Let the bashing begin
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Regardless of what classes are offered or how bumpy the track is, its the same for everyone. The one point that will keep me permanetly away from the US indoor Champs is the race direction. If you want this race to survive, a professional race director or team is needed which would also be responsible for tech issues. Hire Scotty, Ruben, Doug Hay, frankly anyone would be a welcome improvement.

P.S. This is not directed at Ian Ruggles. Ian, your the man.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sup Boice...

Go ahead and make those plans to come race... I think you'll be happy with improvements they are gonna make this year.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks to me like racers want to run rubber. Run rubber and the 1/12 guys can adjust their cars.

That is what racing is about right, tuning equipment.

Just becouse one group of racers has an effect on the track some dont like lets not run an entire other group of cars.

I am not saying that rubber should come to Cleavland it just seems like some always what things their way regaurdless of what other groups or classes of racers want.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #60
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
I don't care what anyone says...

carpet races should be foam only and run rubber tires on asphalt.

rubber tires rip the fibers right out of the carpet and ruin the bite for everyone, but especially the 12th scale guys. In the last year the ONLY race that 12th scales had good bite was Cleveland... anyone wanna guess why????

Nope it wasn't even the paragon... it was NO RUBBER TIRES!

carpet nats ran paragon, but they allowed rubber tires and the bite wasn't good for 12th scale... It does strange things with 12th you get good front bite, but rear bite is not near as good as it should be and creates a loose condition and we have to run yellows or greys to keep the bite consistent.

most of the time magenta rears are faster at least for me, but they are difficult to drive on a track where rubber tires have run on. Just too loose...

Let the bashing begin
Personally, I couldn't car less that the rubber tire guys would pull some bite out of the carpet. It's not like we can't change the cars to work with less/different bite.

I do prefer the idea of a handout foams to rubber tires. Purples and plaids would be a great way to control the tires and force the cars to be a little more driveable for the rest of us. Maybe even handouts from two brands so that the racers can choose what to run.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote