R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #481
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
Rubber tire tears up the carpet for the real racers.
I think I just died a little inside.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #482
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
Rubber tire tears up the carpet for the real racers.
Heck... maybe I should reconsider coming to this race.... I think I would enjoy tearing up the carpet for the "real" racers
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Artwork - Are you guys thinking about coming out?
Well, I was but with only one rubber class I don't think so. Not unless I pick up a Gen x and fall into a whole bunch of money to buy the gear required to support it. I am gonna try but I think my wife will kick my butt if I go to yet another big race this year. It gets expensive to go to these big races and to not have the classes I like it is hard to justify the extra cash.

Rubber tires do not tear up carpet tracks! (that's just silly)

I am sure the CRC crew will represent is full affect!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So run foam!!!
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #485
Tech Elite

well after spending 2 hours on the phone with bill Jr, I like what I hear and can't wait. might even run 3 classes this year ($65x3=$195=cheap) with all the time I'll have not messing with motors. brushless rules.

as for rubber tyres don't worry about it it's not going to make a dent in the carpet in a weekend. bring out your rubbers bring out your foams...

and some spare change for all the brushless motor and other deals that they are going to have at the champs.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #486
Tech Master

Our new carpet is designed with the growing trend of rubber tire racing in mind. The foam guys should not even notice a difference. There was a ton of traction in Vegas for all classes.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #487
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Our new carpet is designed with the growing trend of rubber tire racing in mind. The foam guys should not even notice a difference. There was a ton of traction in Vegas for all classes.
The carpet in Vegas was awesome! Hardly any fuz at all un-like last years first round and a half. There was some but it was quickly over with!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #488
Tech Elite

I was quite amazed at the lack of fuzz this year even with less racer the fuzz issue was gone pretty much ofter the first round of qualifing and i was only able to get a small amount to be donated to the skip starky hair museum....

see the full picture here
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=53&pos=385
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #489
Tech Addict

We are working on the tire subject and should a answer soon
www.teamcrc.com www.spektrumrc.com
MR.BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #490
Tech Elite

Leave it to the boys at CRC to come up with a carpet that will withstand the demands of Foam AND Rubber TC racers. Good to hear that the carpet in Vegas held up and offered good grip to all. Maybe foam and rubber can peacefully co-exist afterall.....

Can't wait for the Champs as always. Looking forward to meeting new racers that the rubber TC class will bring, as well as seeing old friends. Should be another awesome year.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #491
Tech Addict

A big thanks to Rob Michaels from Coralley USA for working very hard to import a rubber tire for this years US Indoor Champs, We will be using the Xenon Rubber Tire 28 shore, this tire has a very strong rim and a rubber has good has any on the market today. The tire will have a special price at the Champs,it will be a set of 4 at $25. Four set max and one extra if you are in the A-Main. The tires will be in the US soon and will be available from Corally USA and your local hobby shop, we will let you know as soon as they get here
www.teamcrc.com www.spektrumrc.com
MR.BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #492
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dirla.....................you're a dirtbag................
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #493
Tech Master

Yep, it'll be great in '08!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 AM   #494
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I got my going to be 1 run tires ready to go.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstr View Post
Dirla.....................you're a dirtbag................
it took you 5 days to reply to that skip... your slacking in your old age. and at your age you should of been able to come up with a better come back in your repertoire... can't wait for cleveland so I can give you a hard time in person. maybe next year I'll run masters class so you can put me in my place. and then again may not.