R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #241
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post
Walter,

What's the mistake, brushless or rubber?

chuck
Rubber.

I do agree that it should be jack only, all the other big races are.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
HA HA HA HA HA HA

SIMPLY AWESOME
So this means you'll show up this year right Larry? Or will you be like the other 100 or so racers that cry for a rubber class, and then don't bother to be one of the 37 rubber racers that actually show up?

The class will be fun to watch at least.

And yes the Champs is the only big race that doesn't run JTG, but we've already given into rubber tire. Let the Paragon stay, if you wanna run Jack instead, you're more than welcome.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Nope not coming. If anyone else in the world was organizing the event I would be there. But there were some things I overheard last year that will keep me from attending this race again under the current administration.

I would venture to guess rubber will be bigger than 80 percent of the classes at this race.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #244
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

handout brushless? or BYOB (bring your own brushless)?
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #245
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
handout brushless? or BYOB (bring your own brushless)?
we are working on this now.... once we get things all sorted out we will let you know.
www.liverc.com
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #246
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill941 View Post
we are working on this now.... once we get things all sorted out we will let you know.
No pressure, Keep up the good work. Organizing an event this size takes time to work out all of the little details I'm sure.
"If you take care of the small details the big one's will take care of them self"
Author unknown.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #247
Tech Elite

Quote:
I would venture to guess rubber will be bigger than 80 percent of the classes at this race.
Just like it was at the Carpet Nats, right?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #248
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Just like it was at the Carpet Nats, right?

Yeah actually thats about right. There was only 1 class with more mains than Rubber and that was 12th stock. Stock touring had 7 more entries and the rest of the classes had less.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #249
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah actually thats about right. There was only 1 class with more mains than Rubber and that was 12th stock. Stock touring had 7 more entries and the rest of the classes had less.
At the ROAR NATS, RUBBER was the 3RD most popular class of seven, making it mathematically impossible for it to be more popular than 80% of the classes being run. Also, the fact that there were seven more TC Foam entries means that the Nats stand as a shining example that FOAM is just as popular in this country as rubber, (actually, slightly more popular as there were 7 more foam entries).

Just doing the math shows that even when racing in a part of the country that I'm told is rubber tire territory, Foam still pulled more entries.

Perhaps I should jump into the Reedy thread and demand that a FOAM class be added. I mean if a FOAM 13.5 class could draw just as many entries in addition to the rubber 13.5 class, they have to run it there right?

It's cool Larry, the race will still be a blast. Sorry you won't make it. You'll miss out on the chance to be the first ever US Indoor Rubber Tire TC Champ.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #250
Tech Elite

Wow man cant you see people like you are part of the reason this race sucks. You can go on any thread you want and do whatever you want. I never demanded rubber at this race and from my first post stated that I wouldn't be coming under any circumstances.

Call Me Carnac but I knew that rubber would be added to this race long ago. Its all about money and last year the race was not full.

Please dont respond to this becasue It will perpetuate the negativity on this thread even more. Lets just agree to disagree and you can have fun launching your 12th scale off the double double on the straight.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #251
Tech Elite

Quote:
Wow man cant you see people like you are part of the reason this race sucks. You can go on any thread you want and do whatever you want. I never demanded rubber at this race and from my first post stated that I wouldn't be coming under any circumstances.

Call Me Carnac but I knew that rubber would be added to this race long ago. Its all about money and last year the race was not full.

Please dont respond to this becasue It will perpetuate the negativity on this thread even more. Lets just agree to disagree and you can have fun launching your 12th scale off the double double on the straight.
Larry, I never meant to offend. Just pointing out the facts that support my argument. I didn't feel that my statements were anymore antagonistic or jaded in one direction than yours. I was stating my opinions, just as you had stated yours. I'm not a member of the race staff untill I get there. I'm not a part of the decision making process as to what classes we run, or anything else. I just announce. The end of my last post was a sincere sentiment that I was disappointed you wouldn't be there. I've had fun at races with you in the past.

Can't we just all get along............
Old 05-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #252
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It might just be me but I (rubber tire racer) dont feel welcome at this race
Not by the organizers but by the foam racers.
I always wanted to run this race at least once... and since I quit foams I didnt think it would ever happen. Now I have a chance but I dont have a good feeling about attending
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #253
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
It might just be me but I (rubber tire racer) dont feel welcome at this race
Not by the organizers but by the foam racers.
I always wanted to run this race at least once... and since I quit foams I didnt think it would ever happen. Now I have a chance but I dont have a good feeling about attending
Its not just you. I feel the same. Im still going to try to go though.

Its weird, I feel like foam tire racers just want the rubber tire guys to go away. The rubber tire guys dont seem to have a problem with foam. They just recognize it as another (less fun ) form of racing.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #254
Tech Regular

Default track

Please tell me that there won't be those dots on the track this year. I believe they twist cars around and cause more wrecks. I think it would be wise to stick with regular pvc.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the design is always new but we will get into the design later this year but I keep it in mind when we get there
www.liverc.com
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote