New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, initial settings for WGT 1s 10.5. Run the new firmware for the first time at the EECC circuit. Roche Prince 10.5 motor and RB50 speedo in a Corally WGT. Gearing settled at 65mpr, motor temps after 5 minute run were 69 degC.
1-9
2-3
3-7
4-9
5-3
6-4
7-5
8-4
9-1
The car was really smooth through the twisty bits and easily as fast on the main straight and through the sweeper as the Tekin runners, the only limiting factor was driving talent, although I did improve my PB by almost a lap and the track will get quicker as the summer progresses. Check the link for a view of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spdXdMx_VJ8
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

HeckticKurt::: great job with the PDF works a treat, thanks.

Dragonfire:: Pity about the wet track on monday night ,Funny thing is the settings you posted for the 17.5 Duo1 I tested them on saturday seems as though we where thinking the same thing, found as you did it was a bit soft on low speed corners, found the solution to that by
using the following
FDR 4.41
Motor Timing middle hole
TS 9
TG 2
T 5
TK 5
DP 4
Temp after a 6min run was only 47c still think there is more to get from the RBS. I found these settings punchier down low and a very tractable throught the mid range to top end, give it a lash let me know your thoughts?
This is what I was going to run on Mon, oh well next week

Last edited by V-Liqour; 06-01-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: add info
Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

V-Liqour,

Are you sure FDR is 4.41 with TS9 ?? Is the Geen LED solid green when you apply full throttle? (you can test it with removing the sensor cable to advoid over spinning). I am thinking you haven't do radio setup correctly.

TEAM WAVE
Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V-Liqour
HeckticKurt::: great job with the PDF works a treat, thanks.

Dragonfire:: Pity about the wet track on monday night ,Funny thing is the settings you posted for the 17.5 Duo1 I tested them on saturday seems as though we where thinking the same thing, found as you did it was a bit soft on low speed corners, found the solution to that by
using the following
FDR 4.41
Motor Timing middle hole
TS 9
TG 2
T 5
TK 5
DP 4
Temp after a 6min run was only 47c still think there is more to get from the RBS. I found these settings punchier down low and a very tractable throught the mid range to top end, give it a lash let me know your thoughts?
This is what I was going to run on Mon, oh well next week
Well my testing was done at Windsor so there is a lot of load on the motor all the time. Temps were not really low enough for me to consider TS9 so I left it at 8. However TS9 would have more bottom end. I think I could have reduced the turbo value quite a bit and still had plenty of top end. I'll see you on monday for a play anyway. The other thing is to try some lower and higher FDR's. Lower still seems to give more of everything. My brother running zero timing has very much the same performance with FDR of 4.0.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default I need a little assistance...

I have just purchased a new RB-S and put it in the car.

As it was new and not the latest firmware, I set it up first in the car and set it to my radio with original firmware. I them loaded the new firmware and used the 17.5 setting posted earlier by Dragonfly.

The issue is, the car is great but if I apply the brake or have a slight knock, I lose power and the speedie will only give me about 25% power. Turn it off, turn it back on and it is fine until I hit the brake or get hit, then the power has gone again.

I have tried a couple of brake settings, same issue and turned the brake off on my radio, same issue.

Any ideas....

And just to make my day, the loader I got with it does not work. I haven't approached the shop yet, but what's the warranty like, back to the store or back to TW? ( I used a friends loader to add the new firmware... his is working fine)

After thought, when I set up the esc on the firmware it came with, now I think about it, the motor did not seem to have much punch. (no pinion attached) So I think the issue may have been present on the old firmware.... not sure.

regards
Stewart
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
V-Liqour,

Are you sure FDR is 4.41 with TS9 ?? Is the Geen LED solid green when you apply full throttle? (you can test it with removing the sensor cable to advoid over spinning). I am thinking you haven't do radio setup correctly.

TEAM WAVE
Thanks for the question, I just rechecked the settings, Yes they are as I posted them. I found these to be great on a low grip surface.
The FDR is 4.413 TS.9 TSG.2 T.5 TK5
Checked radio as suggested that is also correct,
green light at nuetral goes out on accel comes back on at full throttle
EPA's are at 100%
the motor is a trinity duo 1, middle timing hole (red bell ends silver can)
I am wondering now if I am doing something wrong ?

Last edited by V-Liqour; 06-01-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Rookie

hi jsr555
had the same problem with mine
sent it back and it was replaced within a week with a new one
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by V-Liqour
Thanks for the question, I just rechecked the settings, Yes they are as I posted them. I found these to be great on a low grip surface.
The FDR is 4.413 TS.9 TSG.2 T.5 TK5
Checked radio as suggested that is also correct,
green light at nuetral goes out on accel comes back on at full throttle
EPA's are at 100%
the motor is a trinity duo 1, middle timing hole (red bell ends silver can)
I am wondering now if I am doing something wrong ?
Nah yout settings are fine eccept your turbo is not what you think it is. I always run TS at 7or higher on spec motors except the infamous X-12.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jsr555
I have just purchased a new RB-S and put it in the car.

As it was new and not the latest firmware, I set it up first in the car and set it to my radio with original firmware. I them loaded the new firmware and used the 17.5 setting posted earlier by Dragonfly.

The issue is, the car is great but if I apply the brake or have a slight knock, I lose power and the speedie will only give me about 25% power. Turn it off, turn it back on and it is fine until I hit the brake or get hit, then the power has gone again.

I have tried a couple of brake settings, same issue and turned the brake off on my radio, same issue.

Any ideas....

And just to make my day, the loader I got with it does not work. I haven't approached the shop yet, but what's the warranty like, back to the store or back to TW? ( I used a friends loader to add the new firmware... his is working fine)

After thought, when I set up the esc on the firmware it came with, now I think about it, the motor did not seem to have much punch. (no pinion attached) So I think the issue may have been present on the old firmware.... not sure.

regards
Stewart
What firmware did you upload ?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
What firmware did you upload ?
The latest one 202
Old 06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jsr555
The latest one 202
just wanted to ensure that you had the latest firmware
Im sure that one of the team will come along and give you some advice soon .
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Have recently run my RBS with the new firmware and was really pleased with the speed it gave my car, as it was certainly a match for the Tekin RS guys.
However on our short, twisty outdoor track (25 metre straight) I could do with a little more low end grunt out of the tight corners.
Settings I am running with a 13.5 Team Wave motor, on 5.46 FDR are:-
1-7
2-3
3-3
4-6
1-1
6-2
7-4
3-8
9-1
Should I increase the drive profile (setting 5), the gain (setting 2) or some other setting to get that little bit extra initial acceleration out of the hairpins?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greyfox
Have recently run my RBS with the new firmware and was really pleased with the speed it gave my car, as it was certainly a match for the Tekin RS guys.
However on our short, twisty outdoor track (25 metre straight) I could do with a little more low end grunt out of the tight corners.
Settings I am running with a 13.5 Team Wave motor, on 5.46 FDR are:-
1-7
2-3
3-3
4-6
1-1
6-2
7-4
3-8
9-1
Should I increase the drive profile (setting 5), the gain (setting 2) or some other setting to get that little bit extra initial acceleration out of the hairpins?
The drive profile setting won't change performance, it will only effect the feel of the throttle. You can try even more timeshift but my tip is to reduce your FDR to around 5.0. This will improve both bottom end and usually temps too.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The drive profile setting won't change performance, it will only effect the feel of the throttle. You can try even more timeshift but my tip is to reduce your FDR to around 5.0. This will improve both bottom end and usually temps too.
Ian, my car felt great, I was using the same settings as you but the FDR of 5.16.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ummm wondering if the rb30 might handle the new firmware of the rbs 202, for running 17.5,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.