Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Blueman Austria,

Send an email to us directly [email protected], tell us what you need and we will take care!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

I believe that RacingartCompany in Germany is distributor for TeamWave:
www.kingrc.cc
greets
Chris
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Blueman Austria,

Send an email to us directly [email protected], tell us what you need and we will take care!
Thanks for the quick response!

I we have already ordered the speedos from our local distributor:
Team Racing Art Germany!

Another question. On wich motors (exp. The Team Waves) are the whole Stock settings (Turbo and Timing), work best?
The new LRP X12 are not recomended for those high settings.

Greetz Blueman
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xspower
Did you load the new 1.2 version software. Also Max is aware of the issues and working on the fixes. I have just started testing some new firmware and it seems to work very well. The plan is to be able to have a flexible speed control The RB-50 has more fets and this should not be a issue. Just give him some time and I am sure it will work out.
Ciao xspower,
how is going with the new firmware? when it will be available??

ciao
Max
Old 01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by decibels
You can gear a bit more with the linear motor as they have a lot of torque but twin turbo is quite different! i say to gear down because i do not want you to cook your motor on the first run as you need to gear up slowly!! Otherwise it can mean more money!! better safe than sorry but i like rollout better and i went down 10mm on rollout which happens to be about 9 teeth for me but every car works out different but play safe if it is too slow then gear up and check your temps!! But start at around 5.3.
1st run last weekend with the RB-S &13.5t linear motor,
started at 5.7 FDR and car was Ok but nothing great, without any turbo.
Moved to 4.9 and car was better, again no turbo.
Put Turbo 1 on and car had better acceleration and top end.
Day was damp to start track only drying near the end, however motor was not getting hot at all. No need to put a temp gun on it - it was cold to touch!

will try moving closer to 4.13 & turbo 2 to see what happens.
Lot of interest in the speedo and possibly some more club members are going to order them

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 01-22-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao xspower,
how is going with the new firmware? when it will be available??

ciao
Max
Ciao, second version and it is working well. I am not sure when Max will release I still want to work on the gear ratio's as well with different motors to see what happens. Been busy will try to test this weekend. Should be soon. I would think.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

@ Team Wave can you please advise on my thermal pad issue

Got my hand programmer today and upgraded software...all I can say is wow

Originally Posted by prhess
Hello All,

I recently picked up an rb-30 from ebay, and it needed some cleaning and soldering cleanup. When I received the ESC the heatsink was loose, when I took it apart the thermal pad under the heatsink was destroyed...I need a new one. I cleaned the esc and it works great, I used a thin piece of double sided foam tape to hold (actually sandwich) the heatsink in place(worked well). I don't want the foam tape to act as an insulator....you see my delema...

Team Wave please advise.

Thanks and take care.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

prhess:

Double side tape can't withstand heat! We suggest you buy thermal double side tape by KO (~USD2-4 for two). It can transfer heat and hold the heat sink in place.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
prhess:

Double side tape can't withstand heat! We suggest you buy thermal double side tape by KO (~USD2-4 for two). It can transfer heat and hold the heat sink in place.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 AM

Default rbs with lrp X12 17.5

Hi all does anyone know how well the rbs works with x12 17.5 as these motors have so much torque please help
Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark xray007
Hi all does anyone know how well the rbs works with x12 17.5 as these motors have so much torque please help
One would imagine that this combo will go well.
X12 = bottom end
RB-s = good mid-top end....

You can always borrow my bullbar for a drive through if all else fails....
Old 01-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xspower
Ciao, second version and it is working well. I am not sure when Max will release I still want to work on the gear ratio's as well with different motors to see what happens. Been busy will try to test this weekend. Should be soon. I would think.
Ciao Xspower,
tnks for the good news, we'll wait
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,
I´ve testet the RB-S yesterday and got really disapointet by it´s performance...
I tried with X11 13.5 motor and the top Speed was ok, but bottom end there was as much as without power programm-really less...
A club partner used the same motor with am genius 90 and was much faster...
I tried different settings of turbo, timeshift and gearing but nothing helped.
I am missing at least one or two steps of variable timing for bottom/mid end like the gm has and a rpm specific timing boost.
I´ve heard the coming gm has a total of 3 programmable timings for different rpm so there should be even more power possible...
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lutz
Hi,
I´ve testet the RB-S yesterday and got really disapointet by it´s performance...
I tried with X11 13.5 motor and the top Speed was ok, but bottom end there was as much as without power programm-really less...
A club partner used the same motor with am genius 90 and was much faster...
I tried different settings of turbo, timeshift and gearing but nothing helped.
I am missing at least one or two steps of variable timing for bottom/mid end like the gm has and a rpm specific timing boost.
I´ve heard the coming gm has a total of 3 programmable timings for different rpm so there should be even more power possible...
You can also change the time shift to a lower setting it will help you out with the lower end torque.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

yes I´ve tried that but it wasn´t enough. Also the difference between the fixed timing and the turbo was too much. We have a really technical track with slow and fast corners, as well as a long straight (megadrom geilenkirchen in germany)
With a low time shift it was ok out of the slow corners but too slow in the other parts of the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.