R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #1456
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you talk to any one who runs a LRP motor they will tell you the settings are quite different for every ESC. Its just the motor.

The newer Linear motors are similar and need soft settings.

Try 1-7, 2-1, 3-x, 4-1 and see how it goes with your current FDR.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #1457
Tech Initiate

Dragonfire

THanks, will try those settings if I can get speedo to work again! The motor will not self start and when i give the car a little push to get it going, it is very slow. Have changed sensor lead and motor and same problem. Have put original firmware back on and still same.

second Team Wave speedo this has happened on, any one else having problems???
topher2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #1458
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok guys i was wondering if anyone could help me.

Ive just brought a RB-S and hand controller and am trying to update the firmware ive downloaded the latest firmware to my computer but for some reason i cant open it, it says it a FRM file and my computer needs to know what program was used to create it.

Anyone have any ideas what i need to install to be able to get the firmware up and running?

cheers
Auskenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #1459
Tech Adept

Auskenny.

Click "save as" and save it to your folder. Or right click your mouse over the firmware file and chose "save as".
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #1460
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

cheers guys all sorted now
Auskenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #1461
Tech Adept

Hi guys
i'm using RB50 with the last RBS firmware....

i tried new software yesterday but had some problems:

Fiirst the esc somtimes forgot the settings,it was frustrating but ok, not very big problem.

Second ,but much more annoyng, using highter value on timeshift and turbo i had a great top speed and acceleration but ,after two or three laps, the esc went in some protect mode and ran very very slow.....i checked both esc and motor temps and found 65° on the motor and 55°on the esc (so i think so far away from the 110° of cut-off temperature...)

i tried also to change FDR from 7.33 to 8.1 with not success....

this happened using timeshift 8-9 with gain 4 and turbo 7......

switching to timeshift 7 with gain 2 and turbo 5 no problem.... but car was very slow..........

thanks
Cristian.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #1462
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capellone24 View Post
Hi guys

Second ,but much more annoyng, using highter value on timeshift and turbo i had a great top speed and acceleration but ,after two or three laps, the esc went in some protect mode and ran very very slow.....i checked both esc and motor temps and found 65° on the motor and 55°on the esc (so i think so far away from the 110° of cut-off temperature..

thanks
Cristian.

+1

New software felt great in RBS with 10.5 Duo 2 but same thing happened after a few laps so I turned off lipo cut and temp cut and solved it for now. Not ideal I know but temps were really low and heaps of battery for 6 minute races.

Team Wave definitely going in the right direction with this software though. Car had punch and speed after only a couple of quick set up changes from the recommendations posted on this thread. Certainly showed promise for its first outing...

Cheers
Gerard
gedTF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #1463
Tech Initiate

Gearing may be too high (FDR), the guys on this forum who are using the thing day in day out seem to suggest you cant geat these units as high as the tekin guys are doing, I was running in the low 6's rather than the 7's like the tekins were and seemed to be able to almost keep up (almost due to my skill I think!)

But I had the same problem and not wanting to risk blowing a new speedo and turn off the temp protection, I found reducing the timeshift by one eliminated this without affecting performance too much. I think it is just such a small window between perfect performance and bad performance, you just have to keep trying until you find the best point for you. I never found it and now have no working TW speed controller (being returned to team wave so hopefully good news soon!) to keep trying
topher2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #1464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capellone24 View Post
Hi guys
i'm using RB50 with the last RBS firmware....

i tried new software yesterday but had some problems:

Fiirst the esc somtimes forgot the settings,it was frustrating but ok, not very big problem.

Second ,but much more annoyng, using highter value on timeshift and turbo i had a great top speed and acceleration but ,after two or three laps, the esc went in some protect mode and ran very very slow.....i checked both esc and motor temps and found 65° on the motor and 55°on the esc (so i think so far away from the 110° of cut-off temperature...)

i tried also to change FDR from 7.33 to 8.1 with not success....

this happened using timeshift 8-9 with gain 4 and turbo 7......

switching to timeshift 7 with gain 2 and turbo 5 no problem.... but car was very slow..........

thanks
Cristian.
I think you will find your FDR is way to high... Persoanlly I don't use the temp cut on any ESC I have run as you seem to run into problems. I think its because each ESC interprets the temp input from the motor differently. I assume with your FDR's you are running a 10.5? Try about 5.0 FDR with timeshift 8, gain 2, and turn turbo off to start with (kickin 1). You should go much better straight away...

As a guide to gearing you just gear up (lower FDR) until you start losing to much punch or temps become a problem on your system. Then go back a bit and you will have what you need. A under geared motor will simply not rev out fast enough to give you good punch and you will also lack top end.