R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #1306
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

Max, thank you for keep developing the new firmware for us.

I've made setting table in pdf for quick & easy ref.
I assume the drag brake values are still the same though. Enjoy.

WARNING!!! :
Drive carefully with this firmware!!
Also, do not full throttle on the pit stand, my buddy already got his tyre explode off with new firmware!! Luckily, the body shell was on.

Cheers,
Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RB-S V.2.0.2g.pdf (146.4 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by b20b; 05-20-2010 at 05:56 AM.
b20b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #1307
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can't wait to try the new firmware in 17.5.
Firstly i need to get my hands on a handheld controller thing to be able to do it all.
Can anyone suggest in Australia( Brisbane prefered) shop that would stock this item.
Shelf Queens Losi XX4 WE, Yokomo YZ10 (First Proper Race Car).
nudge2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #1308
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge2325 View Post
I can't wait to try the new firmware in 17.5.
Firstly i need to get my hands on a handheld controller thing to be able to do it all.
Can anyone suggest in Australia( Brisbane prefered) shop that would stock this item.
Pm me some details and I'll get one to your local shop. I have them in stock and can express post one tomorrow. You will also need a USB to mini USB cable. This is a common cable that you can get from many electronics stores.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #1309
Tech Rookie

Default 1S Help

When using the RB30 in 1S 17.5 oval class the speedo will drain 120 - 130 mah from from receiver pack per 4 minute run. When I put the track owner's Tekin in it only drained my receiver pack about 30 - 40 mah per 4 mintue run. I use the switch on the receiver pack to turn everything on and leave the switch on the esc off. Any idea way the RB-30 is draining so much from the receiver pack compared to the Tekin? Thanks
TLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #1310
Tech Addict

Does the new fw work with the RB-50?
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #1311
Tech Initiate

Hell yeah!

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #1312
Tech Addict

where is it????
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #1313
Tech Regular

What would be the best settings for the new software with the Teamwave Linear 13.5T motor.
Medium size track approx 30m straight, includes some twisty bits, asphalt.

track pictures http://homepage.ntlworld.com/barry.h/homepage.htm
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #1314
Tech Rookie

hi Max/Pablo,

I re flush the FW and its OK now. Prior, when I lift the throttle the car did not glide but slowed down as if some brake were applied (thus my assumption).
anyway, my setup at the moment: 7,1,3,4,1,1,3,4,1 on RB 50 with the beta FW, driving Lipotech 11.5t with 13mm sintered, FRD is 6.137.
evollace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #1315
Tech Initiate

Default RB-30 & RB-50 firmware

Hello Team Wave,

Well done Max on the new firmware, and my recent customer service was exceptional...very fast turn around!!!

Could you please comment on running the new firmware on a RB-30 or RB-50.

I know I am doing this at my own risk, if I run only 13.5, 17.5 and 21.5 on my RB-30 with CONSERVATIVE setting am I going to let the magic smoke out with the new firmware? What is my risk?? I have run the new firmware on my two RB-S (SOOOOO SMOOTH AND FAST - even with conservative setting - SUCH an improvment well done), I would also like this bennifit on my RB-30.

Take care

Peter
prhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #1316
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollace View Post
hi Max/Pablo,

I re flush the FW and its OK now. Prior, when I lift the throttle the car did not glide but slowed down as if some brake were applied (thus my assumption).
anyway, my setup at the moment: 7,1,3,4,1,1,3,4,1 on RB 50 with the beta FW, driving Lipotech 11.5t with 13mm sintered, FRD is 6.137.
We did quite a bit of back to back testing with other brands of ESC's recently and one common trait of all new rpm v timing ESC's is that if you rev hard then ease off to neutral, it feels like brakes are applied when you slowly re apply throttle. With the new Team Wave firmware this has been reduced to the point that you can't feel the effect on the track(thanks Max), but you will still notice it when reving on the bench. This may have been what you noticed??

When I raced this new firmware with 10.5, it felt as smooth as older RB30/50 firmware, not something that other manufactures have been able to achieve.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #1317
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
What would be the best settings for the new software with the Teamwave Linear 13.5T motor.
Medium size track approx 30m straight, includes some twisty bits, asphalt.

track pictures http://homepage.ntlworld.com/barry.h/homepage.htm
Looking at the pics I'd say that track is a little smaller than what I've been racing on recently.

I'd suggest
Timeshift 7
Gain 2 (try 3 when gearing is sorted)
Turbo 3
Kick in 6
Profile 1
others are personal choice.

In 10.5 I ran a FDR of 5.5. So for a 13.5 on a smaller track maybe around 5 - 5.5. Remember to try both increasing and decreasing FDR from there to get motor temps good. If you have temp to play with try gain of 3 and kickin of 7.

Having said that Max likes to run higher FDR's than us. A lot depends on track size. Dragonfire always recomends to turn off Turbo untill gearin is sorted too. Also not a bad idea.

Good luck and go kick some A$$

Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #1318
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
We did quite a bit of back to back testing with other brands of ESC's recently and one common trait of all new rpm v timing ESC's is that if you rev hard then ease off to neutral, it feels like brakes are applied when you slowly re apply throttle. With the new Team Wave firmware this has been reduced to the point that you can't feel the effect on the track(thanks Max), but you will still notice it when reving on the bench. This may have been what you noticed??

When I raced this new firmware with 10.5, it felt as smooth as older RB30/50 firmware, not something that other manufactures have been able to achieve.
well, something was wrong.... most likely it was me. perhaps i did not push the send button..... too exited you know
I 100% concur. this new FW is fast & good.
Once again thanks to MAX & all developers.
evollace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #1319
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW I don't check out RC tech for a few days and the thread has gone MENTAL! I have been busy with some personal things along with rebuilding for this weekends testing. I'll get the complete setup guide finished real soon. Below is just a copy and paste out of the guide as it stands to help everyone out with initial settings (the go fast settings).

21.5:
FDR 4.0~4.5
Timeshift 8
Timeshift gain 3
Turbo 3
Kick in 8

FDR 4.5~5.0
Timeshift 8
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 7

FDR 5.0~5.5
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 5

FDR 5.5~6.0
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 1
Turbo 2
Kick in 4

Its been said a hundred thousand times but just in case I will say it again... CHECK TEMPS REGULARLY.. It is hard to say just how hot a motor will get as there are so many variables so start with a few laps and see how it goes. Of note is the LRP X-12 which is a problem motor on every ESC on the market. It has crazy bottom end (like a mod in 10.5) but gets hot very quick. Also the Team Wave linear motors go very similar... stupid amounts of rip but plenty of heat to go with it. Tuning of these to motors will take a different direction to most other brands.

A last point... So far this system has proved to be very very smooth... so much so it tends to feel soft (well to me anyway). Gauge your performance against other cars on the track as well as lap times. The constant acceleration (over 100m with high settings) makes it hard to "feel" the power you have so it help to have another form of measurement.