R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #1186
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmini View Post
I was running Turbo 2 with some timeshift to smooth the transition a bit. 8 i think on the Drive Profile and was running a 7.1 FD
I didn't get round to doing an actual temp check, but... I touched the motor as soon as i finished and it was warm at best.
The track was a high ish grip indoor track that was quite tight, but with a nice straight/sweeper where you could make some time up.
I originally had it on Turbo 1 and 6.8 FD
When i changed the Turbo and gearing it felt a lot more lively.

Just using Timeshift and no Turbo sounds on bench testing very slow. Not tried on track cause i didn't fancy getting blown away.

Oh and because i left my LED Setting Module at home on saturday, i had to use the button on the speedo. Took some getting used to, but once i'd done it a few times, not bad at all...

At a very big track in 2 weeks, hoping my new TC will be here as well, but may well be my Schumachers swan song. Can't wait to see it down the straights and through the infield with the speedo. It's a quick track and should really show any failings up.

Sorry it sounded like you had a beta version of the firmware... I thought you were talking about that...

If your motor is hardly getting warm then twin turbo and a slightly higher FDR will give you more power and speed. I personally only use the setting box when I update firmware. I then leave it plugged in and throw in all the initial settings at the ESC then the box goes into my pit bag. I don't mind using the ESC button to change settings as while it is a little slower for changing multiple settings it is faster when only changing one setting and I can do it anywhere very quickly even on the side of the track. I am going to suggest to Team Wave that when the new firmware is complete, the way of setting it should be reviewed. I think that rather than counting around in circles, you just press the button the number of times you want the setting to be. It will make some changes longer like turbo 8 to turbo 9 means you press the button 9 times instead of 1 however you can go backwards easier and it requires less thinking when you are in a hurry.

On the big track you will be racing on it is more than likely you will lack top end against well setup ESC's like the Tekin's and LRP's. That is the reason why Team Wave is developing new software to bridge the current gap and hopefully set a new standard for the likes of Tekin and LRP to catch.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #1187
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Considering the focus of this software is racing it may be possible that some sort of glitch is present when using reverse. I suggest you try turning it off (setting 9-1) and see if that solves the problem.
I tried three different sensor cables (80mm,100mm, 200mm) and it didn't helped.
Then tried turning off reverse as you recommended and BINGO, kicks and delays are away.
Since I really need reverse in my rally car I'll stay with v1.2a firmware in it.
So I'll go with v1.3a only in my touring car with reverse disabled.

Thanks and looking forward for new FW release ;-)
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #1188
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz View Post
I tried three different sensor cables (80mm,100mm, 200mm) and it didn't helped.
Then tried turning off reverse as you recommended and BINGO, kicks and delays are away.
Since I really need reverse in my rally car I'll stay with v1.2a firmware in it.
So I'll go with v1.3a only in my touring car with reverse disabled.

Thanks and looking forward for new FW release ;-)
Nice to hear it was an easy fix. Its funny how you fix one problem and then it sometimes it creates another. At least so far I haven't had any funny issues with the beta software so at least we know no one will be having cogging issues like the LRP's...
Powered by Falco
Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #1189
Tech Rookie

I have an early RB30 and also the handheld programmer.
Firmware upgrades are a bonus but I start to get confused with versions.
A LOG with all versions and changes made on it will be desirable.
Also previous versions available to download in case you need to go back.
Regards,
chemax_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #1190
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemax_t View Post
I have an early RB30 and also the handheld programmer.
Firmware upgrades are a bonus but I start to get confused with versions.
A LOG with all versions and changes made on it will be desirable.
Also previous versions available to download in case you need to go back.
Regards,
It's not really going to matter soon cause the new software will be tonnes faster and everyone who races will be updating to it.
Powered by Falco
Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #1191
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
It's not really going to matter soon cause the new software will be tonnes faster and everyone who races will be updating to it.
Ciao Dragonfire, when do you think that this update will be relised?, next week end here in Italy will be held the practice of 2nd round of the Italian championship and i need a very fast car for a fast track.

ciao
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #1192
Tech Rookie

Boy, sure is quiet in here.
TLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #1193
Tech Adept

We are almost in the final stage in testing new firmware, we are now fine-tunning some parameters and we will attend some race events before it release.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #1194
Tech Rookie

Default 12th scale speedo

Is there any news on the speedo for 12th scale yet?
rallybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:41 AM   #1195
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
We are almost in the final stage in testing new firmware, we are now fine-tunning some parameters and we will attend some race events before it release.
Yes it is coming along very nicely now. Had a run against a well setup Tekin system 21.5 setup just the other day. I was able to go blow for blow with it without maximum settings. considering the slower motors have generally been the RB ESC biggest weakness I was very happy with the perofrmance. We just need to sort out the final setting structure so its nice and easy to use.
Powered by Falco
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #1196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Great news about the upcoming updrages!

I'm a new user and had my first outing last week with the RB-S (with LRP X11 17.5 Motor). FDR 6.18 with rollout of approx 30mm. I race in Australia, on carpet (foam tyres) which I believe would be described as Medium grip. (Low grip compared to US carpet, but high grip compared to Ashphalt/Rubber tyres - apparantly)

Anyway, our track is tight and technical with about a 25m straight. I started of with I believe low settings:

Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 6: I was SLOW. Motor only at 100F
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 7: A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 6, Drive - 8:A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Then Increased to: Turbo x 2, TimeShift - 7, Drive - 8: Motor up to 144F - I was certainly a lot quicker, holding my own, but as I didn't qualify for the A final I couldn't compare myself to the top guys.

Does this sound right? Cranking all the settings up to the max before I can be competitive, or am I using the settings wrong? Higher rollout/Lower Timeshift. Being an indoor Carpet track that is only open on race nights, it is hard to get in lots of practise.......

If it is normal, do I just have to hope for the upgrades to be competiive with the Tekins at our track?

Cheers. Ian
Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #1197
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Great news about the upcoming updrages!

I'm a new user and had my first outing last week with the RB-S (with LRP X11 17.5 Motor). FDR 6.18 with rollout of approx 30mm. I race in Australia, on carpet (foam tyres) which I believe would be described as Medium grip. (Low grip compared to US carpet, but high grip compared to Ashphalt/Rubber tyres - apparantly)

Anyway, our track is tight and technical with about a 25m straight. I started of with I believe low settings:

Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 6: I was SLOW. Motor only at 100F
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 7: A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 6, Drive - 8:A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Then Increased to: Turbo x 2, TimeShift - 7, Drive - 8: Motor up to 144F - I was certainly a lot quicker, holding my own, but as I didn't qualify for the A final I couldn't compare myself to the top guys.

Does this sound right? Cranking all the settings up to the max before I can be competitive, or am I using the settings wrong? Higher rollout/Lower Timeshift. Being an indoor Carpet track that is only open on race nights, it is hard to get in lots of practise.......

If it is normal, do I just have to hope for the upgrades to be competiive with the Tekins at our track?
Cheers Ian.
Against the likes of Tekin and similar the standard turbo or twin turbo software will lose out in speed but gain a little in power. The smaller the track the better it goes. This is why the new software is being developed. I have been talking to TW and asking if it is possible to get a beta release for the public. If this happens it will not be a final version but will allow you to start playing with the new system.

Currently there are two changes in the new software and they are the timeshift system and the turbo system. The new timeshift system uses two settings, one for the timing increase and the other adjusts how fast the timing advances. This is more or less the same thing that companies like LRP and Castle creations developed and of course Tekin copied and made some small improvements. The timeshift system will allow you to tune how the power develops in the infield balancing torque and speed. The new timeshift system is radically better than previously and with larger motors or small tracks you will not even need turbo. The new turbo system is very different from the current setup. Turbo now no longer cuts in at full throttle but at a defined speed. The new turbo system is specifically for top end speed in a straight line. It also uses two settings, one for stregth and the other for the speed you want it to apply from. So dar I have yet to find a track that even a 21.5t doesn't accelerate fast the entire length of the straight. One great feature of the new software is that it feels slow... While this sounds wrong it is actually a good thing. The acceleration is extremly smooth from a standing start up to top speed. There are new sudden bursts or anything unpredictable and better yet the brakes and extremly responsive. Hopefully you will all get to play with it real soon.