R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #1081
Tech Regular

hello guys,been reading most of the thread and wondering if the RB-50 would be any good against the like of GM and Tekin that have the turbo function.
im due to upgrade because i cannot keep up with my current esc,the price for the RB-50 is good and that why i wonder.
thanx

Last edited by guinnes.s; 03-04-2010 at 07:41 AM.
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #1082
Tech Rookie

I am setting my RB30 up to run 1s class but I have a few question I hope someone can answer. I will be running a receiver pack. Do I need to remove the red wire from the esc to the reciever? Do I need to cut on the esc or leave the switch off? Thanks for your help.
TLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #1083
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRacing View Post
I am setting my RB30 up to run 1s class but I have a few question I hope someone can answer. I will be running a receiver pack. Do I need to remove the red wire from the esc to the reciever? Do I need to cut on the esc or leave the switch off? Thanks for your help.
1) ESC is Switch off.
2) Thewire is bridged since both ESC and Receiver required power from Receiver pack.

So no wire is cut off,

You can try to connect a receiver pack to Parallel wires, that has an output female to the Receiver, and male to the ESC.

Black to the Black and Red to the Red.

hope it will help you.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #1084
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
hello guys,been reading most of the thread and wondering if the RB-50 would be any good against the like of GM and Tekin that have the turbo function.
im due to upgrade because i cannot keep up with my current esc,the price for the RB-50 is good and that why i wonder.
thanx
I have seen the Team wave RB S. I don't now if it uses the same software but if so I can say that the speedo is not as fast as the GM, LRP and the Tekin.
I don't now if there is new software already but the last time I saw him with the speedo he was losing a lot and his motor went quit hot to keep up with the others.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #1085
Tech Adept

Hi
Has anyone put the rbs firmware on the RB50 yet if so what were your findings
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #1086
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I have seen the Team wave RB S. I don't now if it uses the same software but if so I can say that the speedo is not as fast as the GM, LRP and the Tekin.
I don't now if there is new software already but the last time I saw him with the speedo he was losing a lot and his motor went quit hot to keep up with the others.
Based on what you say that?? They were using the same motor? The same car? Same Tires? Speed its not just a matter of ESC, i'm sure it plays an important role, but we cannot base our opinions on what you say.

Now if you say that you have seen some burning or having some runing issues, i would agree with you.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #1087
Tech Adept

Quote:
I'm agree with jorge, i'm using both rb50 and rbs and usually on the straight i'm passing lrp/novak/gm/sp all with 10.5 motor very easy. Which motor was using the guy with rbs and the others?

Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #1088
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO View Post
Hi
Has anyone put the rbs firmware on the RB50 yet if so what were your findings
Anyone please
Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #1089
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Anyone please
Works good, no issues yet. Well maybe one, I had a reverse happen once after a impact but I think it was more with the motor timing being on the edge and the TS being set to high. Hasn't happened since. I also use the SC fan pointed onto the motor and the SC set for 100* and it never gets over 90* without the fan.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #1090
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Based on what you say that?? They were using the same motor? The same car? Same Tires? Speed its not just a matter of ESC, i'm sure it plays an important role, but we cannot base our opinions on what you say.

Now if you say that you have seen some burning or having some runing issues, i would agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
I'm agree with jorge, i'm using both rb50 and rbs and usually on the straight i'm passing lrp/novak/gm/sp all with 10.5 motor very easy. Which motor was using the guy with rbs and the others?

Max
Also the SXX ss and the Tekin with the V203?
We didn't get a good speed out of it.
It was 2 months ago when we tested it so I don't now what changed.
That's why I don't now if there are some updates and if he used any updates.

I don't no much about the speedo. I drove against it and i just drove away from him. His motor got as hotter than my motor.
It was ad that moment no match for my Tekin. Maybe a wrong setup but I don't now a lot about the speedo.
I didn't look ad his setup. i only told him to use a lighter gearing against the motor temp.

Is there now new software that can compete with the Tekin V203 and the LRP SXX ss?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #1091
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Works good, no issues yet. Well maybe one, I had a reverse happen once after a impact but I think it was more with the motor timing being on the edge and the TS being set to high. Hasn't happened since. I also use the SC fan pointed onto the motor and the SC set for 100* and it never gets over 90* without the fan.
could you tell me what the profiles were on the speedo and out of interest what motor you are using
Thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #1092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
could you tell me what the profiles were on the speedo and out of interest what motor you are using
Thanks
Profiles? If you mean what settings, I have pretty much manipulated every kind of setting, from very mild to very aggressive. TS as you increase will put more temp into the motor as well as different performance. DP changes the punch and Turbo is added RPM after 95% throttle. So I'm not sure what you mean by profile, if you can re-phrase the ? I'll try to give you the info.

As far as motors, in 17.5 I have used Duo1, Duo2, Pulse, Nemesis, Orion and Speed Passion V3. 13.5 have been Duo1, Duo2, Pulse, Nemesis, Orion. Don't know if thats what your asking about. The Duo based motors work well and the Nemesis is good, but is more gear accurate to make it work.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #1093
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Quote:
Also the SXX ss and the Tekin with the V203?

Is there now new software that can compete with the Tekin V203 and the LRP SXX ss?
no, there is no new software that team wave can compete with tekin v203 and never will be.

Ive been using the team waves for the past six months, and to be honest I am not finding it to be any faster than normal speedies, and I have run the sxx(original) back to back with the rb-s.

now with 203, currently there is no speedy that can match it. I thought I would gain a few 10ths of a second per lap with a tekin 203, but to my surprise the tekin is 1 whole second quicker than any speedie ive used. Ive gone from top Bmain to Amain TQ pace just from using the 203.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #1094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
no, there is no new software that team wave can compete with tekin v203 and never will be.
How could you possibly know what Team Wave are up to? I however am sure that Team Wave are not standing still and will always be developing newer faster firmware for their speed controls.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #1095
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I ran my Rb-50 with RB-S firmware for the first time at the weekend with a 13.5 V3 SP motor.

I just can't seem to get enough punch or top end with it.

I ended up running turbox2, time shift at 7 with 6.8 FDR and it was still sluggish out of corners, not great top speed and the motor was hot.

Can I get some suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote