R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #1036
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Hi audriusv,

1st thing to do is to know what is the roll out that some of the drivers are using in that track, even if its from a diferent motor or turns, its just for having an ideia and maybe stablish a starting point for 17.5T. Try and use the Gear Chart site and create a table that fits your pinios and spurs.

ESC Settings - From the stock settings it seems to me that you have to take the step forward in turbo2x, since that will affect the perfect FDR/Roll out for you.

Motor Timing SP V3 - since i'm using a 9.5T SP V3 (since our rules for stock class are this turns), what i experienced is that motor works better in this ESC with timing at maximum, mixed with a change in the FDR from 5.9 to 7.0 (don't remember exactly, but its aproximated) on a Medium/Large track. Always keep an eye on motor temps!!!

That's a wrong ideia that if you use a low gear means low temperature, gear it to much down or gear it to much high and motor and Esc temperatures will be high. I'm talking in excessive diferences from optimal gear.

hope this helps, will be waiting your feedback.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #1037
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29
Default

Hey ho all, has anyone had any experience with an RB30 running RBS firmware? Can it be done? Anything to worry about? I have read that people are doing it with RB50 with no apparent issues. As the tech specs for the RBS are the same as the RB30 (I have added a cooling fan) then I cant see why it wouldnt work.

I am running 10.5 in a TC and our normal track has a long straight so I think the Turbo x 2 may make a big difference!

Ta for any help.

Chris
topher2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #1038
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,335
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher2009 View Post
Hey ho all, has anyone had any experience with an RB30 running RBS firmware? Can it be done? Anything to worry about? I have read that people are doing it with RB50 with no apparent issues. As the tech specs for the RBS are the same as the RB30 (I have added a cooling fan) then I cant see why it wouldnt work.

I am running 10.5 in a TC and our normal track has a long straight so I think the Turbo x 2 may make a big difference!

Ta for any help.

Chris
Since the RB-S is pretty much just a "reboxed" RB-30, I don't see why not. With 10.5 on a long track you might not even need the cooling fan. I see a lot of people here running the ESC fan on a mount pointed at their motors.
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #1039
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,335
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Found a good setup for a small carpet track with my 17.5 car.

Neutral Brake 3
Brake Force 3
2x Turbo
Time Shift 6
Drive Profile 8
Brake Profile 4
Temp Cut 3
Voltage Cut 2

Motor: SP V3 17.5
Battery: SMC 4000 28c
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #1040
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: victoria BC
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hey guys has any one have any success running the rb-s in 12scale with a single cell and 17.5.

Thanks
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #1041
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

FREE Shipping !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #1042
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
@Goingfast - send an email to the ones in the site, they will answer you very quickly and help you for sure. Follow the link bellow.

Team Wave
Thanks
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #1043
Tech Elite
 
fleetmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Well it looks like I'm the second person to blow a Novak 21.5 and an RB-s in the one run.
I just bolted a new motor in and it won't work..... Puling it out now to whack my RB30 in its place.

Not very pleasing really....
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #1044
Tech Regular
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in a house
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
Well it looks like I'm the second person to blow a Novak 21.5 and an RB-s in the one run.
I just bolted a new motor in and it won't work..... Puling it out now to whack my RB30 in its place.

Not very pleasing really....
Well i did warn you about to much timing on a novak and this speedy. they don't mix that well. other motors are allright but not novak
__________________
Team Wave Speedies
Thunder power lipo's
flying fox rc
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #1045
Tech Regular
 
revsinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

and your gear ratio is ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
Found a good setup for a small carpet track with my 17.5 car.

Neutral Brake 3
Brake Force 3
2x Turbo
Time Shift 6
Drive Profile 8
Brake Profile 4
Temp Cut 3
Voltage Cut 2

Motor: SP V3 17.5
Battery: SMC 4000 28c
__________________
Full Speed , Half Price
revsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #1046
Tech Adept
 
rcmarek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 143
Default 21.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
Well it looks like I'm the second person to blow a Novak 21.5 and an RB-s in the one run.
I just bolted a new motor in and it won't work..... Puling it out now to whack my RB30 in its place.

Not very pleasing really....
Hi, can you please tell us what were the setting on the speedo & set up of your car when you fried the electronics including the size of your pinion/spur?

I'm running TC5R (internal gear ratio 2) RB-S Duo2 21.5 with 69 spur and 31 pinion, 2x turbo, 2/3 timeshift on the motor and 4-5 timeshift on the speedy (other relevant settings on the RBS are 3-2, 4-5, 5-7, 6-8) and both motor and speedy are around 60 degrees C after 5 minutes race.

The settings on my car are enough to be in the top 3 @ SMA but I was way too slow when compared to the Castle Hills guys. I'd like to know how far I can go with the set up before I join the fried bunch
__________________
Marek | SMA | M03 | TC5R | F104
rcmarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #1047
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarek View Post
Hi, can you please tell us what were the setting on the speedo & set up of your car when you fried the electronics including the size of your pinion/spur?

I'm running TC5R (internal gear ratio 2) RB-S Duo2 21.5 with 69 spur and 31 pinion, 2x turbo, 2/3 timeshift on the motor and 4-5 timeshift on the speedy (other relevant settings on the RBS are 3-2, 4-5, 5-7, 6-8) and both motor and speedy are around 60 degrees C after 5 minutes race.

The settings on my car are enough to be in the top 3 @ SMA but I was way too slow when compared to the Castle Hills guys. I'd like to know how far I can go with the set up before I join the fried bunch
you can go way lower than 4.45fdr. I've been as low as 3.0fdr but with 0 motor timing. You can take it up to 10c more.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #1048
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
Well it looks like I'm the second person to blow a Novak 21.5 and an RB-s in the one run.
I just bolted a new motor in and it won't work..... Puling it out now to whack my RB30 in its place.

Not very pleasing really....
is this the ss pro series or ballistic?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #1049
Tech Elite
 
fleetmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Mine was SS, the other a Ballistic .
I honestly didn't feel I was pushing the motor that hard. Timing was at 3/4 on the motor.
Roll-out 42 odd mm. Turbos on. Time shift 3.

Motor didn't bother me , but blowing the esc did.

Trying RB30 with original firmware. Speed Passion V3 21.5.

Turbo on.
Timeshift 1.
Profile 9 (max).
Roll-out 47.95.

This will be my baseline. Motor timing stock. Will not touch unless all other avenues are exhausted.
Looking for top end , so gearing may go up....
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #1050
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
Mine was SS, the other a Ballistic .
I honestly didn't feel I was pushing the motor that hard. Timing was at 3/4 on the motor.
Roll-out 42 odd mm. Turbos on. Time shift 3.

Motor didn't bother me , but blowing the esc did.

Trying RB30 with original firmware. Speed Passion V3 21.5.

Turbo on.
Timeshift 1.
Profile 9 (max).
Roll-out 47.95.

This will be my baseline. Motor timing stock. Will not touch unless all other avenues are exhausted.
Looking for top end , so gearing may go up....
I found with the ss series motors that you get hardly any gain in top end with more motor timing, but it creates a whole lot of heat. Also dont forget the novak ss motors are 30 minimum timing, so if you had it at 3/4 it would probably be around 40 motor timing, coupled with turbo 1/2? and your looking for trouble.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak Racing Brushless System (3.5) andy85 Electric On-Road 2 07-12-2007 07:24 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System TRiN Australia For Sale/Trade 2 04-02-2007 04:56 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System Wolverini R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-04-2007 03:28 PM
tekin brushless racing system??? streetracer745 Electric Off-Road 7 01-16-2007 01:46 PM
Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system TEAMWAVE Electric On-Road 271 11-19-2006 08:06 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net