Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes !
Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cvt01
May be a dumb question, but would it be possible make a program so that it engages the turbo on a certain RPM instead of tying it to the throttle position? Would that solve the high turn motor problem where there is almost always full throttle?
Thats a good question, but for me dificult to do it. RPM change from motor to motor and you can use since 8.5T up in this ESC, maybe some RPM will be nice for 8.5T but out for a 17.5T. And engaging turbo at a certain RPM would be nice for short tracks and pretty bad for medium track.
Thats a graphic much more complicated than fixing it at a certain RPM. Thats why it will take time, i prefer that Team Wave can tested it relaxed.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

I like the idea of turbo kicking in at specific rpm, too.
Maybe the rpm-setting can be chosen by the driver?
And maybe you can make different hard turbos for different rpms?
Like when the motor reaches e.g 4000rpm turbo 1 kicks in,
then when reached the seccond rpm set to e.g 12000 rpms turbo 2 kicks in.
I know itīs very difficult to make such a programm but I think thats the way to go. Currently I have to leave my rb-s in the box and use a gm speedo because my rb-s lacks on punch out of the corner with 13.5....
Old 02-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not sure what is the difference with the new test software i have but it feels more linear to drive and as though turbo comes on a little softer letting you gear a bit better for speed and time motor a touch. but have to ask max when he releases final version for everyone. but do put your input on the thread as max does read it and 2 heads are better than one sometimes.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Thats a good question, but for me dificult to do it. RPM change from motor to motor and you can use since 8.5T up in this ESC, maybe some RPM will be nice for 8.5T but out for a 17.5T. And engaging turbo at a certain RPM would be nice for short tracks and pretty bad for medium track.
Thats a graphic much more complicated than fixing it at a certain RPM. Thats why it will take time, i prefer that Team Wave can tested it relaxed.
I believe 8.5T is plenty fast without any timing advancement... it is for the 98% of the people. I would focus on motors 10.5, 13.5, 17.5 and maybe 21.5. If that means 4 specific programs then so be it...
Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

cvt01 - it's not just a matter of how fast it is. Now stock racing is more a matter of how and where you apply power. It's a matter of a good mixture of RPM and Torque, thats where the ESC plays is role. On the past we just play with the gear ratio and power was almost on/off. This is just my point of view. I don't think that if we fix to 4 programs would be nice, because even changing motor brand will change motor characteristics. I prefer just to race than be Max.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

On a tight indoor track , I want to try the rbs with turbo off.
Moving time shift up or down, does this change the amount of timing advance ?
Or is it just the point where the advance begins or the advance curve ??

Trying to understand these things properly , before I give up on them...
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
On a tight indoor track , I want to try the rbs with turbo off.
Moving time shift up or down, does this change the amount of timing advance ?
Or is it just the point where the advance begins or the advance curve ??

Trying to understand these things properly , before I give up on them...
yes when turbo is off time shift controlls timing like normal
Old 02-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default RB-S settings

RB-S on WGT CRC GenX 10 car with SP V3 17.5 motor. Tires ~54mm. FDR 3,70. Run with stock settings, on motor timing set to 0 (as I understand it is not zero, it is still some timing) - after 5 laps ESC shut down with 120C... Before I get again to track what timing I have to set on motor and what best settings on ESC I have to put? Also what FDR or rollout. Track is high grip carpet ~25x8m.
I have not updated RB-S. Trying to update but can not do it. But will try again today. Does last update changed something more than compatibility with some motors? Thank you for any suggestions.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

thats strange, usually when your speed control overheats, it means your undergeared(high fdr), but in your case it doesnt look so bad. I have my 17.5 TC around 3.6fdr with turbo 2, time shift 4 and no where near thermal. Most times the speedy is around 120F without the fan.

check the motor temps next time at 4 laps.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by audriusv
RB-S on WGT CRC GenX 10 car with SP V3 17.5 motor. Tires ~54mm. FDR 3,70. Run with stock settings, on motor timing set to 0 (as I understand it is not zero, it is still some timing) - after 5 laps ESC shut down with 120C... Before I get again to track what timing I have to set on motor and what best settings on ESC I have to put? Also what FDR or rollout. Track is high grip carpet ~25x8m.
I have not updated RB-S. Trying to update but can not do it. But will try again today. Does last update changed something more than compatibility with some motors? Thank you for any suggestions.
1st some questions:

- How do you reach FDR 3.70?
- What do you mean with stock setings?
- Motor timing = mechanical timing?
- Did you control your motor temps?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain stacker
thats strange, usually when your speed control overheats, it means your undergeared(high fdr), but in your case it doesnt look so bad. I have my 17.5 TC around 3.6fdr with turbo 2, time shift 4 and no where near thermal. Most times the speedy is around 120F without the fan.

check the motor temps next time at 4 laps.
17.5 TC = Touring Car?? If so, does seem to me that a GT may never run the same gear ratio as a TC. But i have ZERO experience with GT.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

17.5 TC = Touring Car?? If so, does seem to me that a GT may never run the same gear ratio as a TC. But i have ZERO experience with GT.
TC would be touring car
Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all,

Want to share my experience with RB-S.
Just keep the temp cut off to 120c, never turn if off.
This way you can safely find suitable FDR without frying any motors.

My friend tried temp-cut set to off as he wanted to finish the second qualify on race day. He geared too low and he fried both motor and ESC immediately after 3 minutes run.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

1st some questions:

- How do you reach FDR 3.70?
- What do you mean with stock setings?
- Motor timing = mechanical timing?
- Did you control your motor temps?
- 100 spur, 27 pinion (World GT car Internal gear ratio = 1);
- Blue markings on setting table;
- Yes;
- :-) No. I was thinking that with that low FDR I will be fine...

And motor temps was fine only ESC was very hot...

Finally I managed to update ESC. Now my all settings are less aggressive. I will try to find what is best for my setup from there. Just want to ask should I leave mechanical motor timing at zero or? When I was using Tekin RS Pro I put mechanical timing at middle. It was for me best setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.