R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have the RB-S esc
I have three brushless motor DUO2 and SP V3 17.5 novak 21.5
Some how the SP V3 will not ramp up timming like the duo2 and 21.5 novak..
I also advance the timing a little ,and it didn't make any difference...
I'm I missing something?
the last time I used the SP V3 with the tekin RS and it works fine....

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #917
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Wave RB-50 using RB-S Firmware 2x Turbo Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
For small track, you can use 1x turbo instead of 2x. You can also run higher gear ratio to gain infield punch and torque. Try lower timeshift to 3-4 to gain more torque. After you are happy in the infield but not happy in the straight, try to run 2x turbo.
Great So With RB-50 Using RB-S firmware, can run 1x and 2x Turbo.
that will work differently between 1x and 2x.

Quote:
In our test, RB50 with RBS firmware or RBS have the same performance. We run both together and can't find the difference (or I shouldn't say there is no performance difference, otherwise someone will pop up and challenge us again )
Thanks its been challenge to do it.

Quote:
Although RB50 can load the RBS firmware for better competition in stock class, it is not a good idea of using the firmware to run modify. A mistake on the setting will damage your ESC/MOTOR.
Yes, That would be Great for safety information,
That meant Turbo 2x is Recommended For Stock only

Next Question is :

- What if i run Mod on RB-50 Using RB-S Firmware running 1x Turbo Only ?
Will it work's ?

- Will RB series ESC handheld programmer have Turbo 2x rather On/Off ?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #918
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Good quote. Only Team Wave people knew that I bought 4 ESC's from the one supplier that I told Team Wave about. The fact that you quoted 4 is a good indication that you are closely aligned with the Team Wave. Just show some honesty Paul, Darren or Troy
Wow go away for a few days and this is what happens!

Greg I honestly am not aware of who Jimmy is. I have never hidden behind a mask before when debating you and won't in the future.

The great thing about this website is that everyone around the world, can share their opinions and experiences. If Team Wave had the failure rate you suggest, surely more people would be letting us know. More often than not, posts in this thread are quite positive. Nothing, in my opinion, is better proof that Team Wave products are quality.

Now if it will stop raining I will be doing some more testing/racing tonight with my RB-S. Testing the LRP X12 motors showed me that there is potential with higher than normal motor timing with lower rollouts. I will let you now how I go.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #919
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

yeh im thinking of going that route too.

I could be wrong, but I think I could get better results with
turbo2, TS1, and play with gearing and motor timing.....so in essence, treat it just like a normal speedy ie. gtb, sphere, but with the advantage of turbo.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #920
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp-61 View Post
Hi TW owners

I just finished a local race today. Luckily i was able to squeeze in the A main for VTA and B main for 17.5 class. I was running the RB-30 for VTA and RBS for 17.5. I need some help on keeping up with the Tekin ESC's. I was running a 4.6 FDR on the 21.5 (NOVAK) the Tekins had alot of power on mid to top (95 ft straight) and lots of punch in the infield. I had the same FDR as the Tekin ESC (buddy of mine) the motor was at 130F. I did go to 4.25 FDR and it did not make any difference but when i went to 4.9 it flat out mid to top and i felt i was just cruisng. Setting was Turbo On with max time shift.

On my 17.5 (TW Linear) my setup was turbo 2 on time shift max. 5.0 FDR and it also flats our mid to top so the tekins eat me on the straing and initial punch infield. temp did hit 150F

Any Suggestions? i did update both esc's with the latest update. Should i gear higher on both 21.5 and 17.5? I had to keep my line real tight so that they could not pass me easily but i can only do so much and ofcourse have to let them go

Thanks !

BTW Thanks Max for the quick shipping!
Any input that would help? thanks !
kp-61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #921
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp-61 View Post
Any input that would help? thanks !
To be honest try turbo 1 with about timeshift 3 and gear accordingly for speed and also if you have motor timing then increase a little till you find a good balance!! I just remembered your running the linear so you want about 3.9 fdr and turbo 1 with time shift 3. it should be a lot faster this will give you a 51mm rollout which is the minimum i run for this motor in 17.5 and timeshift to control your low end to mid punch!!
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42 AM   #922
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
To be honest try turbo 1 with about timeshift 3 and gear accordingly for speed and also if you have motor timing then increase a little till you find a good balance!! I just remembered your running the linear so you want about 3.9 fdr and turbo 1 with time shift 3. it should be a lot faster this will give you a 51mm rollout which is the minimum i run for this motor in 17.5 and timeshift to control your low end to mid punch!!
Thank you very much! I will try this setup. Should i even try a lower fdr on the novak 21.5?
kp-61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What do they mean?

Just trying to get my head wrapped around what the different settings on this speedo are and what they do or how the change the characteristics of the car when using them. Can one of you guys define the following with what they feel it does for "feel" ?

Time Shift=? (punch?)
Driver Profile=? (overall driveability?)
Turbo=? (is this like dynamic timing boost?)

Also wondering why the more precise Lipo settings where not carried over from the first download to the present?

Thanks
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Lanzer, crank everything on the esc settings and then gear for temo of 160-170.....if you need more infield lower the time shift setting. Time shift is the esc timing as far as I can tell it does not seem to be dynamic timing just a preset timing. Turbo is an extra amount of timing that comes on at 95% throttle. Drive profile is punch. Ian tried a RB-S last night and was impressed by the power compared to his LRP TC.....he picked up 3 tenths right away and the motor temp was only 130f.
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #925
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Lanzer, crank everything on the esc settings and then gear for temo of 160-170.....if you need more infield lower the time shift setting. Time shift is the esc timing as far as I can tell it does not seem to be dynamic timing just a preset timing. Turbo is an extra amount of timing that comes on at 95% throttle. Drive profile is punch. Ian tried a RB-S last night and was impressed by the power compared to his LRP TC.....he picked up 3 tenths right away and the motor temp was only 130f.
What about motor physical timing when you do that? Should you crank it all the way up or just the opposite, lower it to the minimum and let the ESC do the job?
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #926
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
What about motor physical timing when you do that? Should you crank it all the way up or just the opposite, lower it to the minimum and let the ESC do the job?
I will just leave the timing as per factory default...
TOP Photon // LRP SXX TC Spec // LRP X12 4.0T // IP 5000mah 50C // Spektrum DX3R
Sponsor: My good self...
katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #927
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anyone tried the new firmware on the RB30 yet ??
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #928
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
Anyone tried the new firmware on the RB30 yet ??
I just tried it with 10.5 and the ESC got warm quickly. I think Team Wave put the fan on for a good reason. Maybe 17.5 would be ok. I will test my RB50 with RB-S firmware tomorrow night. Will let you know how it goes.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #929
Tech Rookie

whats up guys,

I currently run a RB 50 with my 13.5 and it works well, i am thinking of upgrading to the RBS, can someone give me an indication as to how much i need to drop my roll out by?
I currently run a 44 rollout

Thanks
Iceman 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #930
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman 69 View Post
whats up guys,

I currently run a RB 50 with my 13.5 and it works well, i am thinking of upgrading to the RBS, can someone give me an indication as to how much i need to drop my roll out by?
I currently run a 44 rollout

Thanks
By upgrading you meant uploading the latest RBS firmware to your RB-50 right? Earlier this thread somebody indicated that you may go down as much as 9-10mm with the rollout when using 2x turbo and lots of timeshifts
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote