R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Hey guys, just an update on the RB-S. I put it in a World GT chassis. I am running 4-cell nimh and 13.5 motors. Track size was 70'x40'. I started out with the default settings except the turbo on 1. The performance was not bad but definately needed to pick it up some. I was geared 37/90 with 54mm tires. and temp was 170f. I turned the turbo to setting 2, time shift to 6 and drive profile to seven and geared down to 34/90 and was alot faster but the temps were even higher 180"s f Iturned the time shift to 7 and the drive profile to 9 and geared down again to 32/90. This was alot faster and the temps dropped slightly to the 170's f. In the final I dropped the gearing to 30/90 and this was defenately faster and the temps were in the 160's f. This was the first weekend running WGT so next time I will have a better starting point. I will probably gear down if I was on the same size track as the car was still pulling hard down the straight before entering a flowing chicane. I qualified 3rd and finished 3rd. I was the TQ for the 2nd and 3rd round but had a mishap in the fourth qualy that cost me the overall TQ. The TQ car was running a Tekin esc and I feal that the RB-S was definately right there for power. For the motor I was running an Orca 13.5 that has fixed timing. I will probably try a Trinity Nemesis 13.5 next and try to play with the timing on the motor aswell.
Thanks.........Dwayne Flodell
also check out the link to see how close the racing was.
http://www.wcics.sarcarclub.com/Race...%20results.pdf
Click on the Lethbridge race 2010
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada

Last edited by tandman; 01-21-2010 at 08:37 PM.
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #797
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Hey guys, just an update on the RB-S. I put it in a World GT chassis.
Hi,

may I ask your advice, what you think, is it possible to remove fan from RB-S and use it in WGT car (CRC GenX 10) with 17.5 SP V3 motor and 2S LiPo? In our race club minimum weight is 1050gr. Now my car has 1100gr with Tekin RS Pro. As I can see RB-S is lighter (without fan), I am waiting for lighter LiPo so I can get pretty close to 1050gr. But can I remove fan without overheating ESC?
Also what settings, you think, have to be on RB-S in my case? Thank you for any suggestions.

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 AM   #798
Tech Adept

audriusv:

It should be no problem to remove the fan for 17.5T. Monitor the temperature after run is ok, you can also turn on Temp cut on the ESC for safe.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #799
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
audriusv:

It should be no problem to remove the fan for 17.5T. Monitor the temperature after run is ok, you can also turn on Temp cut on the ESC for safe.
Thank you. I will try it without fan with Temp cut on to be on safe side. And will check temperature from time to time. Will report back my findings how RB-S is holding against Tekin :-)

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #800
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC

Sad to say, but the RB-S is nowhere close to the RS-Pro in power.
I am actually quite dissappointed with this esc.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #801
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Sad to say, but the RB-S is nowhere close to the RS-Pro in power.
I am actually quite dissappointed with this esc.
What was the setup (car, engine, fdr, ESC settings etc.) that you used to come to this conclusion ?
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #802
Tech Initiate

Default Heat Sink thermal Pad

Hello All,

I recently picked up an rb-30 from ebay, and it needed some cleaning and soldering cleanup. When I received the ESC the heatsink was loose, when I took it apart the thermal pad under the heatsink was destroyed...I need a new one. I cleaned the esc and it works great, I used a thin piece of double sided foam tape to hold (actually sandwich) the heatsink in place(worked well). I don't want the foam tape to act as an insulator....you see my delema...

Team Wave please advise.

Thanks and take care.
prhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #803
Tech Elite

Everyone needs to make sure that their turbo on the RB-S is actually working. I have purchased 3 RB-S esc's and one of them the turbo does not work. I messaged Teamwave about the problem but no response. If you feel the RB-S is down on power check and see if the turbo function actually works. On my RB-S esc's that are good the power is great.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #804
Tech Adept

Hi Florent (zeyer free),

We have send you email several times but your email account keep bouncing back. We do receive your email and we would like to let you know we have shipped your item on 18-01-2010.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #805
Tech Adept

For the Turbo, please make sure turbo is set to "1" or "2". Turbo will only engage when "Green" LED goes solid green at full throttle. If no Green LED when full throttle, please do the radio setup again.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #806
Tech Elite

Yes, I did the radio setup many times. I also own 2 other RB-S esc's and an RB-50 esc so I know how to set them up. Everything works fine except no turbo function. The RB-50 and the 2 RB-S work great.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #807
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tough guy
Default rb-s

Tried the rb-s (used progrmmer's standard setting), with team wave 17.5 in a club race. 5.0 fdr on a basketball size carpet track.Top speed is about the same as the other speedos but in field... I was a lot faster then the rest of the field.The acceleration is just phenominal. It is definetly faster than a 27t in terms of top speed and acceleration. Very satified.
tough guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #808
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Yes, I did the radio setup many times. I also own 2 other RB-S esc's and an RB-50 esc so I know how to set them up. Everything works fine except no turbo function. The RB-50 and the 2 RB-S work great.
with that particular rb-s turbo thats not working, try calibrating your speedo with radio settings to 100% throttle epa, and then when finished, bump it up to 120 epa and see if that fix's it. Apparently thats what the tekin guys are doing who are having probs getting 'max' throttle.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #809
Tech Elite

Thanks Teamwave for the repsonse and messages about the issue. The green light was not coming on to indicate full throttle. I had setup all of my esc's the same way but the one RB-S had to be setup with the radio slightly different. I turned the end point down from 120 to 100 and reset the esc. I then had to turn the end point back up a couple points to get the esc to go to full throttle. Now the turbo function works how it should. I just do not know why I set up 3 different Teamwave esc's the same way and no problems and then one was slightly different. All is good and everything works good and I am looking forward to using the RB-S in the near future. Like I posted previously the RB-S makes alot of power in my 4-cell WGT chassis. I will let you know how it works in a touring car with 17.5 and 13.5 motors.
Thanks.....Dwayne Flodell
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #810
Tech Regular

Hy there!

@teamwave

I am very interested in your RB-S speedo and wanted to ask if there is an distributor of your products here in Europe ?

I tried out your onlineshop on the Teamwave site, but if i mark one speedo, i been transfered automaticly to an japanese paypal site?!?!

Greetz Blueman