Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system >

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by katze
i just installed my RB-S onto my car and ran the car off the ground... with 2x turbo, i was like shocked by the power!!!... when turbo kicked in, it was like i had a mod motor in my car... WTF were the exact words that came out of my mouth at that instance...

but i have some feedback which i hope Team Wave can take in good attitude so that their products can continue to improve...

they are:

1. ESC fan is a direct connection to battery... so the fan will turn on the moment you plug in your batts even with the esc off... might consider making it turn on only when the esc is switched on....

2. My esc does not switch off... it has a quirk whereby it sometimes turn on even after i turned my esc switch off... only when i unplug does it stay off... maybe make the switch a hard switch instead of a logical one? a esc switching on by itself is kinda freaky...

3. the esc fan is freaking loud... a small complaint that i can still live with...
the reason why your fan is so loud is cos its the best fan you can get. TW put together their speedies with high quality fans, the best in the business. The rb-50 fan, which is probably the same as your rb-s fan spins at a crazy 13000rpm and rated at 3.5cfm.
No fan from lrp, novak etc can match this!

I actually take the fan off the heatsink and put it on the chassis pointed towards the motor to cool it as the rb-50 will never get hot enough with a 17.5.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao to all,
my rb-s just delivered by post service , now is time to wait good weather in order to test it on the track

Ciao
Max
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

If I use the RB-S with a 9.5T/10.5T on a 1/12 , can I remove the fan?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youb
If I use the RB-S with a 9.5T/10.5T on a 1/12 , can I remove the fan?
I don't see why not as long as you are running 4cell or 1s. Leave the thermal protection on and see if you can run 8mins without thermal. I would think the problem would only exsist if you used twin turbo with those motors.

TW is releasing a 12th scale speedy soon which will probably be better suited to your needs. Might be worth hanging out till then.

Is there any projected release date for the new 12th speedy yet?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I don't see why not as long as you are running 4cell or 1s. Leave the thermal protection on and see if you can run 8mins without thermal. I would think the problem would only exsist if you used twin turbo with those motors.

TW is releasing a 12th scale speedy soon which will probably be better suited to your needs. Might be worth hanging out till then.

thank you for your answer!

I know that TW is releasing a 12th scale speedy, but we don't know when it will be avalable... and if the RB-12 will be adapted for the stock motors.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys has there been any rumors of a 1/8 speedy for the new electric 1/8 Team wave would make a killing if they released one while the electric 1/8s are just being released
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Set up for 17.5

Who got the 17.5 TC base set up for RB-S esc? Our indoor carpet track 60x100....
I received a red wires and what it is for? ( it is for to plugin to the switch and program box)?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Who got the 17.5 TC base set up for RB-S esc? Our indoor carpet track 60x100....
I received a red wires and what it is for? ( it is for to plugin to the switch and program box)?
Program box.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duggyload
Hi guys i need some help
my car seems to be slow down the straight infield the car feels fine
straight is about 40m long with a long sweeper at the begining and end so if the car is slow on top end you loose allot af time lap times are about 15 sec
i used the rb50 with a 13.5 epic 2 duo geared to 4.72 timing on zero
turbo on and time shift to max (5) 5000mah 30c flightmax lipo
we will be racing this weekend again and i have put in the tw 13.5 linear motor (which was slower than the epic when we tested in the street)
could somebody help am i overgeared or not. Surely if i gear down the car will be even slower (the motor does not get to hot either)
thanks in advance
I got the same problem
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

Same question. Can I remove fan from RB-S ESC to use it in WGT car with 17.5 motor?
Btw, what suggestions would be for setup on carpet track 25x8m, with a lot of turns and one 23m straight? Motor is SilverPassion 17.5 V.3. Now I am using Tekin RS Pro but would like to try my new RB-S :-) . Thank you.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Whats the news on RB-S software being adapted for the RB50, i remember TeamWave saying a while back that the RB50 could take it. I bought the RB50 about a month before the RB-S was announced, and was lead to believe by TeamWave that the RB50 is best and future firmware updates would not make the speedo obsolete. Now one has to buy an RB-S to take advantage of the 2x Turbo. I fear that if i shell out another $140 just to get the 2x Turbo, and then TeamWave replaces that further down the line just to get you to buy new speedo's. Why not offer the RB-S software to your existing TeamWave customers?. Maybe i should have bought a Tekin atleast they offer free updates and care about there existing customers, is TeamWave becoming another LRP ?.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Whats the news on RB-S software being adapted for the RB50, i remember TeamWave saying a while back that the RB50 could take it. I bought the RB50 about a month before the RB-S was announced, and was lead to believe by TeamWave that the RB50 is best and future firmware updates would not make the speedo obsolete. Now one has to buy an RB-S to take advantage of the 2x Turbo. I fear that if i shell out another $140 just to get the 2x Turbo, and then TeamWave replaces that further down the line just to get you to buy new speedo's. Why not offer the RB-S software to your existing TeamWave customers?. Maybe i should have bought a Tekin atleast they offer free updates and care about there existing customers, is TeamWave becoming another LRP ?.
I share your frustration, I read all the topics on ESCs on this forum before deciding to go with the RB-50, one reason was that it was mentioned in this thread several times how awesome it is for stock racing but it is also capable of running mod. I race stock, but liked the idea of having a speedo which is capable of running hotter motors and take advantage of this timing and turbo on them. Fast forward two months and I learn that for 13.5 I need to buy a new speedo . My brandnew speedo is obsolete after two months (the last two I bought covered me for FOUR years - bought a GTX in 2005 and a Sphere in 2007). The other thing is that despite of all the praises I read here the RB-50 did not impress me much at all on our race track running SP 13.5. I did not get much closer to the guys running the SPX or the GM speedy. It just did not deliver the performance edge I was looking for...

All that being said I hope teamwave will prove me wrong and releases a firmware which would take the RB-50 to the next level, after all this is their top of the line ESC. I would even pay like ten bucks for a software update... but $140 is a little steep - don't even want to think about how the resale price of the rb50 will look like without this new firmware...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
I share your frustration, I read all the topics on ESCs on this forum before deciding to go with the RB-50, one reason was that it was mentioned in this thread several times how awesome it is for stock racing but it is also capable of running mod. I race stock, but liked the idea of having a speedo which is capable of running hotter motors and take advantage of this timing and turbo on them. Fast forward two months and I learn that for 13.5 I need to buy a new speedo . My brandnew speedo is obsolete after two months (the last two I bought covered me for FOUR years - bought a GTX in 2005 and a Sphere in 2007). The other thing is that despite of all the praises I read here the RB-50 did not impress me much at all on our race track running SP 13.5. I did not get much closer to the guys running the SPX or the GM speedy. It just did not deliver the performance edge I was looking for...

All that being said I hope teamwave will prove me wrong and releases a firmware which would take the RB-50 to the next level, after all this is their top of the line ESC. I would even pay like ten bucks for a software update... but $140 is a little steep - don't even want to think about how the resale price of the rb50 will look like without this new firmware...
Did you load the new 1.2 version software. Also Max is aware of the issues and working on the fixes. I have just started testing some new firmware and it seems to work very well. The plan is to be able to have a flexible speed control The RB-50 has more fets and this should not be a issue. Just give him some time and I am sure it will work out.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default setup recommendation

Hi,

I got an rb-s on the way with a 17.5 tw motor. Now I will be going against cars with the tekin rs pro that runs like 13.5 even with 17.5 motors

Any good starting point on setup? I am running a 415 msxx. the track is 90 x 45 a bit technical

thanks !

Last edited by kp-61; 01-20-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Is the 1.2 software just released??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.