R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #736
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
I just bought a teamwave rb-s esc is there a noticeable difference in it and the rb30 or rb50 and how close is it to other current brands with.the crazy rpm software on them I figured there's some guys running them against the tekins and mambas now how are they doing?
Yes with turbo 2 on you can produce a lot of rpm and will have to gear down about 9 teeth in gearing which is about 10mm for me but you need to make sure not to have any timing on your motor. but on a tight track you might need to try between turbo 1 and 2 as when you are on full throttle to much it heats up the motor to much and fades!! But this also depends on the motor you run as turbo 2 suits low reving motors a lot and brings new life to them!! and remember when running turbo the time shift setting is to control how revs before turbo kicks in!! Just some starting tips hope they help!!
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #737
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Firmware versions

Hi all, just installed my new RB30, can anybody help me out with the differences between firmware V1.1a and 1.2a, is there any reason NOT to update to version 1.2a?

Am I likely to BRICK the ESC if I update it and are there any dangers?

Cheers and TIA

C2B
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Hi all, just installed my new RB30, can anybody help me out with the differences between firmware V1.1a and 1.2a, is there any reason NOT to update to version 1.2a?

Am I likely to BRICK the ESC if I update it and are there any dangers?

Cheers and TIA

C2B
Maybe Teamwave can actually answer this question......a few people have asked but no answer.........the Tekin amd Castle Creations dudes are pretty quick to answer and give good explanations.....a little more tech support will go a long way with the racers and help promote the esc's....just my opinion.....thanks
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #739
Tech Adept

Sorry to all for late reply and answer. For version 1.2a, the turbo is more smooth compared to v1.1a and have slightly higher top speed. v1.2a also add more protection against radio jam during power on. It won't be switched on if no proper radio signal is received.
Later we will release v1.2b which allow 1 cell LiPo cut off.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #740
Tech Elite

Thank you Teamwave....that is very good info I am the only guy in my area running the Teamwave esc's(RB-50) so far and more guys are interested. I have a couple RB-S esc's on the way so I will see how they work out.
Thanks.........Dwayne Flodell
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #741
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Thank you Teamwave....that is very good info I am the only guy in my area running the Teamwave esc's(RB-50) so far and more guys are interested. I have a couple RB-S esc's on the way so I will see how they work out.
Thanks.........Dwayne Flodell

Hi Wayne
I'm still waiting for mine .not sure why it is taking too long...
Hopefully it will at my front door step tomorrow....Team Wave RB-S baby

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #742
Tech Elite

Me too, still in customs for mewill definately be in by the end of this week though
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #743
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have an RB-S that I don't need. It only has one race and one practice session.

Pm me for more info.
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #744
Tech Adept

Hi to all,
last sunday tested my rb50 with updated firmware to 1.2a and 10.5 linear motor, very impressive, i was the only one with the highest top end speed nothing to do for the guys with lrp sxx and novak ballistic , now i'm waiting the delivery of my rb-s and we'll see, more dust for my club friend

Ciao
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:53 AM   #745
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
Sorry to all for late reply and answer. For version 1.2a, the turbo is more smooth compared to v1.1a and have slightly higher top speed. v1.2a also add more protection against radio jam during power on. It won't be switched on if no proper radio signal is received.
Later we will release v1.2b which allow 1 cell LiPo cut off.
Thanks Team Wave for the quick and useful reply, it is always pleasing when a manufacturer is happy to communicate with their customers in such an open manner.

C2B
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #746
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to deanomgwhiteguy

Hey guys i got some more questions
im racing 10.5 brushless motors onroad, now does it matter if a get the RB-S not the RB-50.
what are the difference between them. and i read that the rb-s has the twin turbo so wud that be better for 10.5? plus i like the rb-s cause its cheaper anyway any ideas chuck em this way
thanks all!
deanomgwhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #747
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi team wave
I have a rb30 together with the programing card and I am having problems down loading the new softwear
I have checked that USB cable is working fine and the card is working fine and I am doing everythig correct because we were able to update the softwear on to another rb 30 Just to make sure everything was fine and I am following the steps correctly
the speed control works fine but is Just a bit slow because it needs the firmwear update.

What should I do?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #748
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy View Post
Hey guys i got some more questions
im racing 10.5 brushless motors onroad, now does it matter if a get the RB-S not the RB-50.
what are the difference between them. and i read that the rb-s has the twin turbo so wud that be better for 10.5? plus i like the rb-s cause its cheaper anyway any ideas chuck em this way
thanks all!
According team wave people if you are running stock class rb-s is a must, much more powerfull than rb50.

Ciao
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #749
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
According team wave people if you are running stock class rb-s is a must, much more powerfull than rb50.

Ciao
Max
I would only consider the 50 over the S if you plan to race mod. Otherwise there is more potential and tuning in the RB-S.