R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #721
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
Some questions:

* Does the TW linear motors deliver the power at lower revs than most BL motors out there?
* And is all brushless linear motors?
* Does anyone have a god page with info about rc dc motors? types of BL, etc.
The "Linear" motors are torque type motors meanig they have lots and lots of power at low RPM but less up high. The opposite end of the spectrum would be novaks motors which are all top end and have little bottom end grunt. With speedies developing to give more and more top end anyway (like the RB-S) the torque type motors are fast becoming the better choice.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #722
Tech Regular

thanks.

but what about the other questions.

Novak got more torque than lrp x12 btw.

MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 AM   #723
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Limp / go-slow mode?

Has anyone else seen this?

A couple of times at the track and once or twice at home, my RB-30 goes into "go-slow" or "limp" mode. Full throttle results in about 5-10% power at the wheels. It's easy to fix, just switch the ESC off and back on and all is well again.

Unfortunately, this is quite inconvenient when I'm on the driver's stand

I've updated to the firmware listed on the Team wave site and it still does it. It appears random, and more likely to occur during warm-up than a race.

All electrical connections are solid and it's happened with different battery packs. I originally suspected heat, but it did it today after a few blips of the throttle while I held the car in my hand and ambient temperature would have been mid 20's (degC).

Smells like bug to me...
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless

Last edited by PDR; 01-03-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Brain fade
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #724
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post

A couple of times at the track and once or twice at home, my RB-30 goes into "go-slow" or "limp" mode. Full throttle results in about 5-10% power at the wheels. It's easy to fix, just switch the ESC off and back on and all is well again.

I've updated to the firmware listed on the Tekin site and it still does it. It appears random, and more likely to occur during warm-up than a race.

All electrical connections are solid and it's happened with different battery packs. I originally suspected heat, but it did it today after a few blips of the throttle while I held the car in my hand and ambient temperature would have been mid 20's (degC).

Smells like bug to me...
Updated a Wave with the update on a TEKIN site Now that is interesting
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #725
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:

I've updated to the firmware listed on the Tekin site and it still does it. It appears random, and more likely to occur during warm-up than a race.

Smells like bug to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Updated a Wave with the update on a TEKIN site Now that is interesting
You could try the new speed passion 312 firmware and if that doesn't work test the new castle programs

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #726
Tech Champion

Quote:

Smells like bug to me...
LOL a few funny posts above!

It might be an idea to start with what speedy you have. Is it a TW, Tekin, or something else. Just need to make sense out of what you are saying as there is a little confusion.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #727
PDR
Tech Master

Ok - my bad. Brain fade

I've edited the post. I've updated the ESC with the 1.2a firmware from the download section of the TeamWave site. Still does the go-slow. Not all the time, just randomly.
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #728
Tech Adept

Hi PDR,

Just make sure your LiPo cut off is set correctly. If Red LED is flashing after cut out, it is LiPo cut, if Red LED goes solid, it is Temp cut. If only Green LED after cut out and car goes slow, you may need to send it back for repair.

TEAM WAVE
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #729
PDR
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
Hi PDR,

Just make sure your LiPo cut off is set correctly. If Red LED is flashing after cut out, it is LiPo cut, if Red LED goes solid, it is Temp cut. If only Green LED after cut out and car goes slow, you may need to send it back for repair.

TEAM WAVE
Thanks for the note - appreciated.

Fairly confident that there are no lights on other than green. I have set the LiPo cutoff, but the red light doesn't appear to come on at all. I've taken it out of the car for the moment, since it's hopefully going in my new one which I'm building at the moment.

If it does it again, I'll see if I can take a video of it.

Thanks,
Phil.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #730
Tech Rookie

Morning Gents,

Please could someone assist, i have 2x TW rb 50's and for some reason i cant download the latest firmware, has anyone experianced the same problem?
the problem is that when i download the new firmware it saves it as a HTML file where its suppose to be a .FRM file.

Your help is much appreciated

Iceman 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #731
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman 69 View Post
Morning Gents,

Please could someone assist, i have 2x TW rb 50's and for some reason i cant download the latest firmware, has anyone experianced the same problem?
the problem is that when i download the new firmware it saves it as a HTML file where its suppose to be a .FRM file.

Your help is much appreciated

did you right click and save link as?? because when i did it lists a .frm. don't open link just right click and save if that is what you are doing then maybe browser settings. but i use mozilla fire fox as a browser and no probs.
Hope that helps!!
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #732
Tech Rookie

Thanks decibels,

it worked well all sorted, just one question what is the diffeance in the 2 firmwares?

Thanks again
Iceman 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #733
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman 69 View Post
Thanks decibels,

it worked well all sorted, just one question what is the diffeance in the 2 firmwares?

Thanks again
It dosen't feel any different but it does seem to be slightly faster if by only a tenth.