R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #691
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Nah TeamWave don't tend to be as OPEN about the details of their software or hardware like other brands. In the end its best to try something out for yourself as whats best for you isn't always the best for everyone.
I'm very sorry Dragonfire, but i made a different remarks, a made a post before Tandman asking same info he is lookinfg for, and nobody take care of it. When Tandman posted his query he obtained a prompt replay.
Now on most of my few post no replay from anybody, the question is because i'm italian and not a Downunder or US guy?
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

umm yes.....they are not replying to your question because you are Italian............

your a comedian.....yeh?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #693
Tech Adept

no hacker i'm not a comedian, i'm very upset, anyhow is time to end this story.

Fyg on the italian forums many other people are writing the same thing that a write here in my poor english.

In any case i'll continue to post my message.

Ciao (it means hello or wellcome or goodbye)
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #694
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what is Team Wave's web site addy?
THis speedo has sparked my intrest lol just want to get a little more info
Casey Belarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #695
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Mtaddei, I am a Canadian we get forgotten about sometimes aswell
site address is www.teamwaveonline.com
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #696
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via MSN to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via Yahoo to Dan/Ultraline

First of all thank you for your order... I don't always make it on here so the best way to get a hold of me is a pm or email. Im not in the shop right now, but when I get there I will refund your shipping I will have that fixed on our site by today Thanks Again for your support!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
Hello Dan
I just ordered the RB-S from Ultraline Hobbie online 12.23.09 and I've not receive free shipping charge and No response back from E-mail...Please PM lmk what 's going on...Thanks
PS My order # 1751
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan/Ultraline View Post
First of all thank you for your order... I don't always make it on here so the best way to get a hold of me is a pm or email. Im not in the shop right now, but when I get there I will refund your shipping I will have that fixed on our site by today Thanks Again for your support!!!
Thank you....

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #698
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys any one have a starting roll out for a 17.5 on a rb30 with a single cell lipo for 12 scale
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #699
Jin
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi everyone, just wondering if anyone compared the performance and turbo speeds of the RB-S to others like the new Mamba Max Pro, Tekin RS and LRP SPX. thinking of picking one up at ultraline.

thanks in advance.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #700
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

most guys running 12th scale lipo 17.5 are starting around an 80mm roll-out and gear up from there. With the turbo on and the time shift 3-4 should be a good starting point.

I tried the new update with the RB-50 running 17.5 touring and it is not a major change but did feel a bit better.
Team Sweepracing-R1 Wurks Team Canada
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #701
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
hi everyone, just wondering if anyone compared the performance and turbo speeds of the RB-S to others like the new Mamba Max Pro, Tekin RS and LRP SPX. thinking of picking one up at ultraline.

thanks in advance.
It's very comparable to at least a TEKIN. I don't know about the SPX and Mamba Max Pro.

You can't go wrong with this speedo. It is adjustable like any of the above speedos except SPX - Only profiles? You don't need a laptop to adjust the settings. However, the programmer will make your life easier. Furthermore, this speedo is very NOOB friendly.

The only thing I dont like is... I need to run a FAN for my DUO2 motor.
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #702
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
most guys running 12th scale lipo 17.5 are starting around an 80mm roll-out and gear up from there. With the turbo on and the time shift 3-4 should be a good starting point.

I tried the new update with the RB-50 running 17.5 touring and it is not a major change but did feel a bit better.

tandman

thanks for the info

hey check your pm

Cyrrus
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #703
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
It's very comparable to at least a TEKIN. I don't know about the SPX and Mamba Max Pro.

You can't go wrong with this speedo. It is adjustable like any of the above speedos except SPX - Only profiles? You don't need a laptop to adjust the settings. However, the programmer will make your life easier. Furthermore, this speedo is very NOOB friendly.

The only thing I dont like is... I need to run a FAN for my DUO2 motor.
From my experience Tekins and SPX's don't have anywhere near as much rip out of corners as any of Team Wave speedo's! My RB50 is also silky smooth to drive. Throttle control is awsome. I have had very limited testing with the RB-S with a 10.5 and it was like I had a 6.5 in my car. People whatching couldn't believe I had a 10.5 in my car. I was only doing 2min runs and would have geared a bit lighter for 5min, but either way it was fast. In 17.5 you are on full throttle so much you have to gear light cause of the extra heat of twin turbo. In 10.5 you spend less time on full throttle so you can be a bit more aggressive on gearing.

Can't tell you what the new mambas go like but they sound ok. Problem is they are HUGE!!!! And like Tekins need a laptop at the track. I really like how quick and easy Team Waves are to set up.

I know I sound bias, but everyone I know who has tried a Team Wave still has it in their car. That says a lot.

Can't wait to receive stock of the RB-S for racers in Australia. They will be in shops soon.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #704
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Do any of the experienced guys (Pablo or Dragonfire) know what the best motor timing for the RB-50 is? I have a SP v3 13.5 and with my SP GT 2.0 speedo I set it to maximum motor timing but after reading this thread it seems like I should go for minimum timing but bump up the timeshift, anyone have any experience to share?

Thanks

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 AM   #705
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Hi guys,

Do any of the experienced guys (Pablo or Dragonfire) know what the best motor timing for the RB-50 is? I have a SP v3 13.5 and with my SP GT 2.0 speedo I set it to maximum motor timing but after reading this thread it seems like I should go for minimum timing but bump up the timeshift, anyone have any experience to share?

Thanks

Neal
I always leave my motor timing at factory settings. I find that when you increase motor timing you have to gear lighter and there is no net gain. But I do most of my racing on a tight indoor track where low timing and higher rollout seem to work. Dragonfire may have different thoughts for bigger tracks. I would start with timeshift 3 and get your gearing spot on then try going up and down with timeshift and find your preference.

From what I know about SP V3 motors, you need to run very high rollouts and a heat-sink with a fan on the motor. Team Wave Linear motors are the same. But they can handle more heat than other motors.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote